Randolph Duke

768,083 Views | 3764 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by goodAg80
aggiehawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
According to Duke we just lost the trademark.

quote:
The easiest way is when the school knows it can't defend the trademark against any infringement. I am sure by now the school knows if they every file against another supposed infringer, the defendant will have all the information they need to prove the university's claims regarding the "tradition" are not truthful.

If you haven't read the original Horns Sports article from 2013, read it.

I have said since I put the 2013 article together that if the university ever filed suit to defend the trademark, they would lose the trademark and I'm rather convinced that is just what has happened

You mean that attorney for the Colts that he has been threatening won't return Duke's phone calls?? After he single-handedly gave her the defense to A&M lawsuit?

The horror.
realestateguru
AG
Oh Dan Dan the twisting truth man!

quote:
I don't know if Rovell has his facts straight or not, but I can assure you that the university is never again going to file suit against the Colts if the team doesn't quit using the trademark. The Colts have all the information they need to crush TAMU. I still think it is rather chicken**** (for lack of a better word) that the university thinks the terms of the agreement need to be kept as a state secret. As a state entity, the university should be as transparent as they can be in their business dealings and nothing about the settlement of a suit regarding intellectual property that belongs to the people of the state of Texas needs to be kept from the people of the state of Texas.

Last year the university tried to go after Chuckie Sonntag and they ended up paying him to get him to agree to a confidentiality agreement. This time they tried to sue the Colts and didn't get a dime. There won't be another attempt to defend their trademark. Their 12th Man tradition did not originate in 1922 with E. King Gill. There is no way around that fact.
HTownAg98
This dumbass sounds like the doomsday guy on that episode of Parks and Rec. when the world didn't end, they proclaimed it must have been an error in the calculation. Duke has had so much turn out utterly wrong that he should just give up.
Rocco S
...on life

I mean, it's not like his internet persona is the only thing that's been a complete failure, his real life has been one as well
RDV-1992
Its like he's the Washington Generals of message board smack.
DifferenceMaker Ag
There is only one conclusion for anyone who sh**s their pants this often. That person likes wallowing in their own sh**.
Jock 07
AG
quote:
Oh Dan Dan the twisting truth man!

quote:
I don't know if Rovell has his facts straight or not, but I can assure you that the university is never again going to file suit against the Colts if the team doesn't quit using the trademark. The Colts have all the information they need to crush TAMU. I still think it is rather chicken**** (for lack of a better word) that the university thinks the terms of the agreement need to be kept as a state secret. As a state entity, the university should be as transparent as they can be in their business dealings and nothing about the settlement of a suit regarding intellectual property that belongs to the people of the state of Texas needs to be kept from the people of the state of Texas.

Last year the university tried to go after Chuckie Sonntag and they ended up paying him to get him to agree to a confidentiality agreement. This time they tried to sue the Colts and didn't get a dime. There won't be another attempt to defend their trademark. Their 12th Man tradition did not originate in 1922 with E. King Gill. There is no way around that fact.

Since A&M is merely a branch of tu and we're still able keep these "state secrets", Randal is even more inept than we all thought he was.
PetroAg87
AG
More details about the settlement:

The Indianapolis Colts agreed to remove "12th Man" from their ring of honor at Lucas Oil Stadium as part of a settlement with Texas A&M University, which owns the trademark.

The Colts have until Aug. 15 to take the phrase off the ring of honor. All other uses of the trademark have to end immediately.

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/2016/02/18/indianapolis-colts-jim-irsay-12th-man-texas-am/80564736/

Yeah Duke's manifesto certainly turned the tide in the case towards the Colts! They sure showed us....
aggiehawg
AG
This was Randolph's "Farewell" post in April of 2013:

quote:
Randolph Duke is Dead
quote:
Time has come for Randolph Duke to fess up and explain.

Another of the partners in the Dallas office of the law firm I work at is a Michigan grad. Last summer, we got into a discussion about Scientology and its cult-like attributes, and about other cults. Not knowing much about Texas A&M, he asked why so many Longhorns joked about the ****s being a cult. I explained some about their behavior and, after a few drinks, we entered into a bet.

I told him to list what he thought were the attributes of a cult. He offered up the International Cultic Studies Association (icsahome.com) and a list of attributes offered by Janja Lalich, Ph.D. & Michael D. Langone, Ph.D. (www.csj.org/infoserv_cult101/checklis.htm). I bet the my friend $1000 and asteak dinner that within a year, by using only truth and hyperbole, and posting only on UT fan sites, I could cause the ****s to display each of the attributes of a cult. At the same time, the Longhorn faithful on Sh****bevo would roll their eyes and see through all the over-the-top rhetoric and understand much of the message was just an attempt to be incendiary. We decided he would follow on Texags and follow the reactions of the ags over there with respect to Randolph Duke.

Today, I got an email from him conceding the bet. I need to thank Statsman for his comment earlier today that sealed the bet. (In a thread about Rick Perry's meddling in the activities of UT, Statsman, started a posting saying how he wasn't one to defend me, but ...http://www.sh****bevo.com/board/show...-Hair-Up/page2 . It was this that convinced my friend that Longhorns didn't take Randolph Duke seriously at all).

In watching the threads dedicated to Randolph Duke over on texags, the guy was shocked and amazed. "Excessive zealous and unquestioning commitment to its leader" - check. Chanting - check. Talking in tongues - "Whoop!". A polarized us-vs-them mentality - check. His favorite was punishing those who dissent. The ags over there know what I do for a living - lawyer, where I want to law school - Northwestern, where I live - NYC. yet, they are currently plotting to torment some poor soul down in Tomball, Texas. One guy wants to give the guy a physical beating, another guy wants to ruin him professionally. All because someone posted things on a Texas Longhorn website that spoke in unflattering words against their beloved school. Wrong time zone, wrong city, wrong profession, yet every **** over there claims they know who I am in real life. This poor guy may be attacked, yet not a one of them will care. My friend from Michigan was amazed that not a single of the ags over there, ostensibly adults, educated at what claims to be an elite university would fail to tell the others in the group to simply ignore other posters on other boards. Instead, these guys went bat**** crazy, wanting to hunt down the infidel and silence him with physical violence. My friend's comment was "No wonder so many of you are so happy they left your conference."

So I am now a richer man. It is time for Randolph Duke to ride off into the sunset. The bet will be paid off tonight at Sparks' Steak House. Assuming some overzealous **** doesn't pull a John Gotti to my Paul Castellano, I will be back on occasion, but having won the bet, its time for me to take a break. Anyone Longhorns who might want a free drink this evening as we hold a wake for dear departed Randolph, the drinks are on the Maize and Blue tonight. Send me a message and I will tell you how to recognize us. I will be the one in the burnt orange tie laughing all the way to the bank.

Hook 'Em!

Notice he says he works "at" a law firm. Not "practices". Maybe he's in the mail room, or a copy guy.
The Collective
AG
Final paragraph in the Indy Star article is yet another taunt to our friend:
quote:
Texas A&M says "12th Man" originated in 1922 in relation to the Aggies' football team and a student's "spirit of readiness to serve... in a time of need."
End Of Message
AG
But,

quote:
The ags over there know what I do for a living - lawyer, where I want to law school - Northwestern, where I live - NYC

Our esteemed colleague, indeed.
NoneGiven
AG
So the colts pulled the 12th Man blanket from their store even though we lost the trademark?! That is a rather odd conclusion, Randy.

http://shop.colts.com/search/blanket
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
But,

quote:
The ags over there know what I do for a living - lawyer, where I want to law school - Northwestern, where I live - NYC

Our esteemed colleague, indeed.
LOL.
aggiehawg
AG
BOOM! Randolph Duke is really dead this time. This will kill him.
quote:
"In the end we decided the phrase itself was more important to Texas A&M than to us and we didn't feel making a change was a big issue for the vast majority of Colts fans," Colts chief operating officer Pete Ward said. "It wasn't worth a battle with the university. We will still recognize our crowd in the Ring of Honor in a manner to be announced in the near future."

The lawsuit said the Colts' use of the phrase would "cause confusion or deceive customers" about an affiliation with Texas A&M and "dilute and/or tarnish the distinctiveness and fame" the school receives from the trademark.

The Colts used the trademark to help sell tickets and merchandise, including an ad urging fans to "Join the 12th Man." The team also sold a "12th Man" blanket online. Both examples were included in the lawsuit.

Trademark owners who don't police the unauthorized use of a trademark risk losing the legal rights to it, according to the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.

The university said the Colts agreed informally in 2006 not to use "12th Man" outside the RCA Dome, and that the Colts didn't respond to letters about the issue from Texas A&M in 2008 and 2012.
NoneGiven
AG
This is just setting the stage for Seattle when the licensing agreement runs out later this year. All part of Randy's multi year plan to bring down the fraudulent Aggie leadership for their lack of integrity.

And when that truth is finally exposed, the state will have no choice but to amend the state's constitution!!!
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
This is just setting the stage for Seattle when the licensing agreement runs out later this year. All part of Randy's multi year plan to bring down the fraudulent Aggie leadership for their lack of integrity.

And when that truth is finally exposed, the state will have no choice but to amend the state's constitution!!!
Is Seattle renewing the deal? I thought they weren't planning to renew?
DifferenceMaker Ag
quote:
BOOM! Randolph Duke is really dead this time. This will kill him.
quote:
"In the end we decided the phrase itself was more important to Texas A&M than to us and we didn't feel making a change was a big issue for the vast majority of Colts fans," Colts chief operating officer Pete Ward said. "It wasn't worth a battle with the university. We will still recognize our crowd in the Ring of Honor in a manner to be announced in the near future."

Nah. The first paragraph gives more than enough room for Randy to spin his delusion more than ever. Expect a new and improved manifesto any day now.
Slwdsm
quote:

How would the Texas state constitution affect us anyways? Don't they know we moved several years back.
StephenvilleAg77
Poor Randy.

The Colts did exactly what two other billion-dollar NFL franchises previously did: rather than lose in court, they ran up the white flag of surrender after looking at all the evidence and concluding they had no legal leg to stand on.
Rocco S
quote:
Poor Randy.

The Colts did exactly what two other billion-dollar NFL franchises previously did: rather than lose in court, they ran up the white flag of surrender after looking at all the evidence and concluding they had no legal leg to stand on.

You mean even with the amount of free legal research Charles did for them?
realestateguru
AG
Never giving up! He has a cigar to smoke!
quote:
The story is not over. Just be patient.

StephenvilleAg77
quote:
quote:
Poor Randy.

You mean even with the amount of free legal research Charles did for them?

Yep. Randy has become a crackpot legend in NFL legal circles. The Colts legal team is still laughing at Randy and the nutball stuff he sent them.

jel_2002
AG
HTownAg98
That's assuming you believe he actually sent it.
usmcbrooks
AcctAg11
AG
Why doesn't Duke just bring his own suit against A&M if he's that confident?
aggiehawg
AG
The latest ( he's now on hornsports)

quote:
Let them gloat, let them puff out their chests, let them get all their shots in at me. Just let them do what they do. This reminds me of their celebrations when they took the 25-24 lead late in the fourth. Soak in their cheers.

You will be rewarded for your patience.

Go buy a nice, fat cigar, put it in the humidor and make sure you have your beverage of choice close at hand. You will know when its time to light up.

End Of Message
AG
That sounds straight out of "Hotel Rwanda":

"It is time to cut the tall trees."

Guy is deranged.
goodAg80
AG
quote:

quote:
Let them gloat, let them puff out their chests, let them get all their shots in at me. Just let them do what they do. This reminds me of their celebrations when they took the 25-24 lead late in the fourth. Soak in their cheers.

Go buy a nice, fat cigar, put it in the humidor and make sure you have your beverage of choice close at hand. You will know when its time to light up.

He is either psychotic or he is pulling off one the most amazing trolls of the longhorns ever.
p_bubel
quote:

Who writes like this?
End Of Message
AG
Not a lawyer.
Velvet Jones
AG
Someone who's likely to hurt others on his way out.
Jock 07
AG
quote:

quote:

But I've been patiently waiting, cigar in my humidor, for at least 5 years now. Am I going to have to wait for my grandkids to tell me?
NoneGiven
AG
Where is Dukes 30 page research paper on the corrupt admission policies of Texas? Isnt he concerned about the corrupt public officials abusing their power?
LitreBoy
AG
Now I'm almost certain he has been posting all of this drivel from the looney bin.

What does he expect the result of his massive amount of 'evidence' being revealed to the public? He'll likely end up in his own lawsuit, and we all know how the last one played out.

What a jackass.
First Page Last Page
Page 14 of 108

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.