I foresee a fresh round of "A&M and Texas ought to play" coming soon

13,728 Views | 123 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by NevadaAg
Aggie Joe 93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Still waiting on any viable answer to what could possibly be an offer A&M can't refuse.
quote:
quote:
I'll say it one more time.

" Play the damn game! "
Nope. A&M has nothing to gain by beating tu. so what? We don't need Texas....they need us. You sippers know this is true.

I don't understand the "...need..." comments. Neither team needs the other for anything.

Currently, A&M is a far better football team. But, we all know that the series over just about any selectively picked period in the last 50 years is about even. I can't see any reason why it would all of a sudden turn to a lopsided series that lasted beyond a few years. When was the last time that either Texas or A&M had a five game winning streak in the series?

Basketball looks the opposite of football relative to these two schools. The Horns play in a better conference and at the moment are probably a better team.
Bonfire1996
AG
quote:
Neither team needs the other for anything.
Follow the logic train...

1. Your home schedule is awful, and bolstering it with a marquee non-conference isn't going to work as they may cancel.
2. You need to improve your permanent home schedule
3. The OU game isn't coming to Austin
4. You need to explore alternatives.
5. There is only one answer

So yes, you need us more than you, or any other sip fan, would comfortably admit. Sorry, the truth stings in this instance. You are lost in the wilderness.
Bonfire, doesn't your point #1 rule out A&M as an option?
Rocco S
quote:
Bonfire, doesn't your point #1 rule out A&M as an option?

There isn't another team in the country you could add that would immediately boost season ticket sales like Texas A&M would.

You desperately need season ticket sales.

We are sold out in season tickets.
Having a better football team and winning would sell more season tickets regardless of opponents.
Rocco S
Adding Texas A&M to the schedule would boost season ticket sales regardless of how good or bad tu is.

aggiehawg
AG
quote:
Having a better football team and winning would sell more season tickets regardless of opponents.
I'm not sure that is altogether true. Look at your other conference mates who are having winning seasons.

OU is having trouble selling out home games.
TCU hasn't had a fan base that shows up in forever.
Baylor down-sized its stadium and still isn't packing them in.

All of the other "distractions" or attractions holding down the crowd size in Austin won't magically disappear if the sips start winning the majority of their games.

Even look at us. Sure we are sold out, but actual attendance for Ball State, Nevada isn't the attendance for Bama, LSU, Ole Miss, Florida.

Opponents do matter.
Rocco S
No matter how good tu gets, what are their best home games? What are the home games that draw people to buy season tickets? What games are going to be so high demand that potential buyers won't just buy single game tickets first or second hand?

Texas A&M plays Miss State, Alabama and Auburn at home one year, Ole Miss and LSU the next, that's just in conference play. We also have UCLA and other big non conference games coming.
Joe Exotic
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

" Play the damn game! "

Why?

Answer my ****ing question.

Because the State of Texas wants it!!!!!!!
NO THEY DON"T!!!!

I thought we left the State of Texas?
aggiehawg
AG
Saying the state of Texas wants a football game between tu and A&M is fairly dumb if the fans and administrations of both schools are disinterested.

Baylor refused to play us anymore. Tech was amenable, though.
wbt5845
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

" Play the damn game! "

Why?

Intriguing.

Present your statistics that support this assertion.
hunter2012
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

" Play the damn game! "

Why?

The state of Texas also wanted us to to go to the PAC 16 and not explore our options. It also wanted us to stay in the Big 12 and live with the lhn. Looking at what doing the opposite got A&M, I'd say the state of Texas does not value A&M's interests.

So we'll stay in the sliver and ignore what the state of Texas wants. We appreciate all the consideration of course.
Wildmen03
AG
quote:
quote:

Intriguing.

Present your statistics that support this assertion.
The post has seven exclamation points, case closed.
MROD92
quote:

TCU, Baylor, and even OU attendance says otherwise
Agustus Caesar
AG
quote:
quote:

Live in Fort Worth. They can't give away TCU tickets. Top 5 team. Town of 650,000 people. No one cares.
quote:
quote:

History for the Horns says that winning matters. Texas has been in the Big 12 for two decades and when they have a good team, attendance is very good and has supported stadium expansions.

It doesn't appear that either school's administration has interest in playing the other.

MROD92
But the teams that you played within the big 12 has changed. If it's really solely about winning regardless of the opponent, take the Baylor approach and schedule Incarnate Word, Buffalo et all and pack that stadium with your winning team
Loyalty
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

History for the Horns says that winning matters. Texas has been in the Big 12 for two decades and when they have a good team, attendance is very good and has supported stadium expansions.

It doesn't appear that either school's administration has interest in playing the other.

Couldn't care less what tu wants or doesn't want. Make no mistake though, Texas A&M has absolutely nothing to gain by beating tu. nothing! Tu would gain by playing us win or lose. Just the exposure alone would help them with recruiting.

Let tu wallow in the result of its own arrogant Deloss dodds greed.
Stevetex.
quote:
Saying the state of Texas wants a football game between tu and A&M is fairly dumb if the fans and administrations of both schools are disinterested.

Texas is under new management. Once the new AD gets on board he will signal a interest for it and there will be no stopping it from there.

The media will just feed off of that and we will have our annual game back.

Let bygones be bygones and " play the damn game! "
MROD92
quote:
quote:

Texas is under new management. Once the new AD gets on board he will signal a interest for it and there will be no stopping it from there.

You have us confused with one of your BDF minions that have to pop to when you bark. Now piss off and go play in traffic
aggiehawg
AG
Aaahh, shades of the old Dodds "We'll decide if and when to continue the game with A&M."

Sorry, no take-backs after that piece of crap.
MyComputerCareer
quote:
I have 250 million reason to let y'all know it's not about the money.

It's about what's at the best interest for this great State.

The country also wants this game.

Basic economics. Incentives matter. There is no incentive for TAMU to play this game, therefore it won't happen. What matters here is what's best for TAMU, not the state and not the country.

Frame it however you'd like, but until there's a compelling incentive it's not happening. Good luck against KU
"...There is no incentive for TAMU to play this game, therefore it won't happen. What matters here is what's best for TAMU,..."

MyComputerCareer
That's right, we don't socialize our football schedule. Sorry.
WestAustinAg
AG
quote:
True for Lamar university as well as every other program college...now bromides aside...it is true that Texas needs a home and home with A&M far more than A&M needs a home and home.
Aggie Joe 93
AG
I appreciate your enthusiasm!

But, seriously, are you contending that "under new management" changes anything?

Has tu changed their arrogant "better than thou" ways? (If you didn't notice that your argument is "It will happen now that tu says it will", then you don't realize that it hasn't changed.)

Will LHN be off the table for broadcast?

LSU has our rivalry weekend date. Do you think tu will be able to force a Thanksgiving week anyway?

My guess is the game doesn't return until tu loses the LHN.

If I'm negotiating on A&M's behalf; I require the PUF become a 50-50 split before I renew the series.
aggiehawg
AG
Looks like Loftin may be out at Missouri. Think he'd kick ass as AD as A&M.

(That's a joke about Loftin being AD, not a joke about him possibly leaving Missouri.)
Kemo Sabe
Hawg, Loftin as AD would be an excellent idea! And NO A&M is not going to run back to playing tu just because there is a change in leadership. Same stench coming out of Austin just different ass holes!
BCG Disciple
AG
The matchup is even more intriguing. A Texas state clash between the first two AA coaches at each respective flagship that have been dubbed "Tan Fran" and "Dark Sark" by the respective fan bases.
ckwarren33
We need to see if Dirty Whorn is worthy of playing A&M. Their first measuring stick game this year versus TCWho suggested they need to coach up their yung team. We'll get another look in a few weeks versus Baylol. This series has gone to the Care-Bares 4 of the last 5. That's called 'being Baylol's bee-itch". I predict some Whorn squeals emitted during that game.
BRAVO 1/124CAV
AG
NO! *** tu!
BRAVO 1/124CAV
AG
quote:

" Play the damn game! "

F u K tu!
Loyalty
AG
quote:
quote:

You say this as if you really believe that texas is truly in control and the game will be played when texas (new AD) says he wants it. This is where you have to face the facts and realize that tu is no longer in control. So arrogant.

A&M will make their own decision just like we did when tu tried to get us to go to the PAC 12 and we told you to pound sand.

No reason to play tu....we have MUCH bigger fish to fry. Now wallow in what you created for yourselves. BDF.
SociallyConditionedAg
AG
And, just like clockwork....

http://www.hookem.com/story/ut-am-rivalry-gap-soon-to-be-longest-in-history/

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.