I foresee a fresh round of "A&M and Texas ought to play" coming soon

13,713 Views | 123 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by NevadaAg
wbt5845
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
As Texas losses mount and they see how far they're falling behind, I foresee the sips turning their media lackeys on as Thanksgiving approaches to start pining for "tradition".

**** em. Let en die.
bigdad
AG
They already won their rivalry game and saved the season. I don't know why they'd want a game against us.
stick93
AG
I see it coming too. I just hope it comes with a side dish of "****sies are scared of the matchup". What with us running away and whatnot.
I don't think the loss told us how far behind we were. We already knew that.
stick93
AG
quote:

Please. You guys were 7-4 heading into Baylor all last week on the radio here in Austin.
Bonfire1996
AG
As they see home attendance dwindle down the stretch, you can bet your ass they will. I told a tech friend that he needs to go to the game and see if he can get in for under a dollar.
d78230
AG
Pics from this weeks Ku game ought to be hilarious.

Half empty dkr, booing drunk ass homeless fans...suck it sips.
Stevetex.
I'll say it one more time.

" Play the damn game! "
quote:
quote:

Please. You guys were 7-4 heading into Baylor all last week on the radio here in Austin.

stick93, I don't (and never have) subscribed to group think. The ebb and flow of emotions during a season are very typical. I never thought that Texas would make it to a bowl game this season.
wbt5845
AG
quote:

" Play the damn game! "

Why?
Wisconsin_Ag
quote:

" Play the damn game! "

NO
staticdoor
AG
What was your pre-season outlook? How long do you give Strong given you expected a losing record this season?
Joe Exotic
AG
quote:

" Play the damn game! "

You made your bed. Now lie in it.
The Original AG 76
AG
quote:

" Play the damn game! "
NO
WHY ?
We don't need to play sips.
It serves us NO benefit. They are of NO importance.
Unless it SERVES in OUR best interest.... let the damn Austin SCUM rot in hell !!!!
ABATTBQ87
AG
quote:

" Play the damn game! "
we should, playing ALL games @ Kyle Field for the next 75 years with A&M receiving 100% of all game profits from concessions, ticket sales, TV revenue, etc

Only A&M grads work the game as officials
Kool
AG
quote:
quote:

" Play the damn game! "

You made your bed. Now lie in it.
Absolutely. There is NOTHING for us to gain by playing a team that just lost 24-0 to Iowa State. Nothing. tu killed the conference they are stuck in. They need to enjoy those tiny, lifeless away venues and uninteresting home games.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
91_Aggie
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

stick93, I don't (and never have) subscribed to group think. The ebb and flow of emotions during a season are very typical. I never thought that Texas would make it to a bowl game this season.
If you don't subscribe to the groupthink, then quit using "we" when talking about the fans of the longhorns.

Last week, the talk was "we turned a corner after beating OU and K-state"

Dr. Abbott, DDS
quote:
As they see home attendance dwindle down the stretch, you can bet your ass they will. I told a tech friend that he needs to go to the game and see if he can get in for under a dollar.
Doc
Science Denier
AG
1. Media may want the matchup. Lots of stories to keep their jobs.
2. Sips want no part of A&M. None. Zero.
3. Maybe, one day if they ever get good, sips may want the game back, especially if they go independent.

Right now, neither the Texas Aggies or Texas Longhorns want this game.
AgLaw02
AG
I don't want an annual game with t.u. for a host of reasons that have been addressed on this board ad nauseam. But if they did bring it back one day, what a kick in the pants that would be to TCU and Baylor. Even when those teams are at their peak, their games wouldn't draw near as much interest as Texas A&M vs. a horrible t.u.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
Trust me, they don't want to play us.
W
AG
for the OP.

no doubt the state's sports journalists are putting their final touches on their A&M must play t.u. columns. Look for them to debut in a couple of weeks
Stevetex.
Between the media and politics there will be a offer you guys can't refuse literally.
BQ_90
AG
quote:
Between the media and politics there will be a offer you guys can't refuse literally.
we don't give a **** about the in state media anymore. They've been exposed as clowns anyway.

If I never see another sip trash fan in Kyle in my life then I'll be happy.
Wabs
AG
quote:
wbt5845
AG
quote:

Agustus Caesar
AG
quote:
media has no power this day and age
politicians couldn't keep the southwest conference together, and couldn't keep us in the big xii
if media or politicos had any sway, strong would've been fired after the iowa state game
please continue to talk like you know something
Stevetex.
quote:
quote:

Literally........Jo mama!
Aggie Joe 93
AG
quote:

I am curious for examples of an offer that you think could qualify.
TwoTimeAg
AG
Weak attempt to kill our strength of schedule by getting t.u. on our schedule.
goodAg80
AG
Unless the game is played in Munich during Oktoberfest, I am not interested.
Joe Exotic
AG
quote:

You morons said this about us contemplating a move to the SEC as well. We did what we wanted then and we will do it again now.
Hamburger Dan
Do we have to go through this each and every week? Yes, the game used to be a big deal. Yes, it used to define the state of Texas football. Yes, it still might be entertaining. But, with the schools in very different conferences now, it just isn't that big of deal. As stated here, thousands of times, aTm is doing well without texas. aTm should be worrying about gaining ground on "Bama, Ole Miss, and LSU. And texas has their hands full with Okie State, Baylor, and the Horny toads.
RDV-1992
I think the game is coming back at some point. But I'm enjoying the hiatus until it does.
aggiehawg
AG
Just like Baylor, the sips need our money. Or to be more precise, our fans' money.

We traveled well, especially in-state to Waco and Austin. Filled their stadiums, and spent money.

Without a game with us, DKR won't have a sell-out and SRO attendance.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.