Sooners website top 10 overrated teams article...you wont like it.

10,426 Views | 142 Replies | Last: 11 yr ago by APHIS AG
Paul Biegler, Esq.
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
I think A&M will be a mid-range program in the SEC just like it was in the Big 12, I really don't expect much to change.

OU was very mid-range prior to hiring Stoops, and I really don't expect much to change just because they hired him.
sows
That is correct, the University Administration did in effect let the program slide to worse than mediocrity by OU standards.

A spoiler is A&M beating KSU for it's one conference title when KSU could have played for a title that year. A spoiler is beating #1 OU (surprise surprise) on several long bomb passes to knock us out of the #1 spot. Yeah, a spoiler, that's what I think of when I think of A&M. Sorry but it's the truth. Relevance in football or athletics in general isn't what Aggies are known for. Don't mean to break it to you this way, but you guys know it's true anyway. The band, the milkmen, and the jokes are what I think of when I think of A&M. Definitely the best band.
DecadePlan
AG
Good, now that THAT'S settled, why are you on OUR board again? You were, if I recall correctly, going to actually answer the question why you can't even drive out of the the state without permission from Stillwater?

I hear the Statue of Liberty is cool this time of year.
Paul Biegler, Esq.
AG
quote:
Relevance in football or athletics in general isn't what Aggies are known for. Don't mean to break it to you this way, but you guys know it's true anyway. The band, the milkmen, and the jokes are what I think of when I think of A&M. Definitely the best band.

A program that's Top 20 all-time in virtually every category isn't "relevant" guys. An athletic department that's better than OU's every year isn't "relevant" folks. If a team has been down recently, they aren't relevant. Kind of like OU before Stoops showed up. At that time, I didn't think of OU as being a "spoiler"; I thought of them as a complete joke. They hadn't managed a winning season in 5 years. They were terrible. Funny how many excuses you're throwing out there justifying OU's horrific program while acting like the same logic can't apply to A&M. You're a collosal idiot, pal.
Paul Biegler, Esq.
AG
quote:
A spoiler is A&M beating KSU for it's one conference title when KSU could have played for a title that year.

Kind of like when OU upset Florida State for its only title in the last 3 decades?
Happy Kuykendahl
The same year we absolutely jizzed all over the sooner nation at our place, a year after having jizzed all over them 51-7 in Norman?
DayAg!
S
Let me type real slow so you'll get it this time. We know we sucked never said we didnt. But I have one question. How did OU fare under the coaches I mentioned.

You comfortably forgot that didnt you. You people couldnt have beaten Midland High back in those days.

We have been trying to right the ship. No one has said anything else to the contrary you simple minded fck. Was OU trying to right the ship with all the coaching hires. Was tu trying to right the ship with all of theirs.

There's no way to tell how long OU would have sucked if Stoops wasn hired. Same thing can be said about Snakeoil. Dodds wanted to hire Gary Barnett, wonder how that would have turned out.

Do we have the right coach. Only time will tell. But so far we havent seen our coach do anything but upgrade and promote our brand. And one other thing is that he's causing opposing coaches in Texas to have to get out of their comfort zones. And try and keep up.

We're moving forward. We're not in the big "Deloss" 12 anymore. All the rest of the teams now have to bow down to just one man. No other way around it. You've made your bed, we've made ours. And we're ready to live with the decisions we've made without being tethered to a bunch of parasites with no hope whatsoever.

End of story.
DecadePlan
AG
DeLoss called Boomer...Bevo needs "milked" ifyaknowwhatImean.
sows
Oh I see Tolar, you're comparing a national title to a conference title. That makes sense. When was the last time A&M played for a national title? 1939? Is that right? Let me ask you this, who do you think will win a conference title first, A&M or OU? Not fair really as we're picked to win it this year, but still what do you really think? Who do you think will win a national title next, OU or A&M?

OU has never had 5 losing seasons in a row.

In fact OU has fewer losing seasons than any team in college football history. We have 12 losing seasons in 117 years of football.

Facts as per NCAA record book:

OU is the winningest program in the modern era (since WW II) in both wins and winning percentage.

OU is third all-time in winning % behind Michigan (.735), Notre Dame (.731), then OU at (.717).

OU has more 10+win seasons than any other program with 33. OU also leads in 11+ win seasons with 20.

OU has scored more points than any team in college football.

OU has the longest winning streak in college football history. 47 straight.

OU is the only school to have appeared in all five BCS bowl games.

OU has been ranked No. 1 by the AP more times than any other team since the AP began its rankings in 1936. Also the most weeks at No. 2., in the Top 5 and in the Top 10. The Sooners hold the highest average finish in the final poll of any team in the nation.

OU has been No. 1 in the BCS more weeks than any other program. Same for Top 5 and Top 10.

OU is the only school to have 4 head coaches with at least 100 wins each.
Stoops
Owen
Wilkinson
Switzer
=
SOWS

OU has produced more unanimous All-Americans than any program in the nation with 31. Incidently OU has produced 153 All-Americans.

The Sooners win a conference title nearly every other year, with 43 total.

OU has 5 Heisman Trophy winners.

I could go on, but you get the point. We're the best, and A&M and Mizzou going to the SEC is going to affect all of this in what way? RIght. That's what I thought.
DecadePlan
AG
WOWEEE!!! Impressive list. Typed and double-spaced too.

Why doesn't anyone want you in their conference? I'll hang up and listen
Harry Stone
AG
Dude we r not your rival nor have we ever been. You made that clear. No shut the **** up f***ot and go bother sips on OB
Happy Kuykendahl
I didn't read any of that. At all. Get off your sister.
DayAg!
S
"Big Red Motors" been around for a long time.
Paul Biegler, Esq.
AG
quote:

I never said you did.

As far as who will win what when, I have no idea. Neither do you. I don't think OU will win an NC anytime soon, especially now that their recruiting is suffering. Who said I'm comparing an NC to a conference title? Your logic was that we're a "spoiler" despite winning the Big 12 because we upset the other team to do it. Applying that same logic, OU's only NC in 3 decades was merely a result of them also playing the "spoiler" role. In other words, the implication being that they're not really worthy of claiming themselves as the champion.

I think it's pretty obvious to everyone here that you're a butthurt, bitter individual. It's almost as if you don't realize that coming here and creating an account and vigorously trying to defend OU/insult A&M makes it incredibly obvious that you do care. A LOT. You should. Your getting worked over in recruiting by A&M now, and that's going to continue.
Paul Biegler, Esq.
AG
quote:
and A&M and Mizzou going to the SEC is going to affect all of this in what way? RIght. That's what I thought.

It's affecting OU right now. In recruiting. We're taking the guys you've gotten under Stoops to be what you have been.
UarkPoke
quote:
ou can't take a dump without osu's permission.
texaggie90
AG
Sows is making our argument for us by making excuses for OU during the Blake... era. Saying that ou's slide was due to admin not investing into football is identical to what's gone at ATM for the last 15-20 years! We have plummeted in the facilities race until just recently! State of the art player development center opening soon, nutrition facility opening soon, complete stadium rebuild that has been characterized as the largest stadium renovation in football just a couple years away... So just as OU did, invest in football, and saw the benefit of that, ATM is investing at unprecedented levels far beyond what even OU has done, and you still think that means ATM remains a mid level sec team? Not logical to state OU built it by investing heavily but ATM won't do the same even with greater investment and smack dab in the middle of the best high school football in the country.

Sure, whatever! Hope you're right about the little tu 10 being one of the 4 big boys....ACC hasn't finished their argument/fight yet! I'd keep my eyes wide open if I were you!
Waffledynamics
AG
quote:
Meh, sucks, but hard to argue with it.

That has to stop. Get thicker skin; this is the SEC.
boozinCTAG
quote:
Oh I see Tolar, you're comparing a national title to a conference title. That makes sense. When was the last time A&M played for a national title? 1939? Is that right? Let me ask you this, who do you think will win a conference title first, A&M or OU? Not fair really as we're picked to win it this year, but still what do you really think? Who do you think will win a national title next, OU or A&M?

In fact OU has fewer losing seasons than any team in college football history. We have 12 losing seasons in 117 years of football.

Facts as per NCAA record book:

OU is the winningest program in the modern era (since WW II) in both wins and winning percentage.

OU is third all-time in winning % behind Michigan (.735), Notre Dame (.731), then OU at (.717).

OU has more 10+win seasons than any other program with 33. OU also leads in 11+ win seasons with 20.

OU has scored more points than any team in college football.

OU has the longest winning streak in college football history. 47 straight.

OU is the only school to have appeared in all five BCS bowl games.

OU has been ranked No. 1 by the AP more times than any other team since the AP began its rankings in 1936. Also the most weeks at No. 2., in the Top 5 and in the Top 10. The Sooners hold the highest average finish in the final poll of any team in the nation.

OU has been No. 1 in the BCS more weeks than any other program. Same for Top 5 and Top 10.

OU is the only school to have 4 head coaches with at least 100 wins each.
Stoops
Owen
Wilkinson
Switzer
=
SOWS

OU has produced more unanimous All-Americans than any program in the nation with 31. Incidently OU has produced 153 All-Americans.

The Sooners win a conference title nearly every other year, with 43 total.

OU has 5 Heisman Trophy winners.

I could go on, but you get the point. We're the best, and A&M and Mizzou going to the SEC is going to affect all of this in what way? RIght. That's what I thought.

And the queeers in Austin still have y'all doing sexual favors for them. How sad.
Busdriver99
AG
Haha what a laugher. You have to be hyped up in order to be overrated. Something like "the longhorns have the defense to win it all" magazine cover a couple of years ago. That was the year they went 5-7.

But after the Deloss dodds funded media firestorm last year, a&m now has recruiting momentum. So Ou and tu are gettIng nervous.

ThIs Is a good thIng

boozinCTAG
TTUBBA85
Bawhahahahah. a four page thread all because Sooner says you are overrated. LMFAO !!!. And ya'll call Sooner butt hurt. The dementia knows no limits here in Texaggots and neither does the comedy.

Sows, look man. You can't debate the cult don't even try. Facts, logic, stats, history, etc are useless here. This place is a mad house with the inmates running the institution. But dude its worth the visit. Especially when the dork infected inmates turn on each other in mass. Pure gold.
TXAGBQ76
AG
the schooners and the tards fighting for relevance on TAMU board- oh the irony! "please, please Aggies, please notice me; please tell me how good I am!"

Obsession still noted! aren't you guys late for your turn in relieving commissar Dodds and bevo? you little boys run along now and pay your homage to daddy dodds or he is gonna get mad at you and it wil be hell to pay!
TTUBBA85
quote:
the schooners and the tards fighting for relevance on TAMU board- oh the irony! "please, please Aggies, please notice me; please tell me how good I am!"

Obsession still noted!

Hey Gomer76 dont confuse obsession with comedy. Really, why would any Big-12 program be obsessed about a underachieving half assing team like aggie that went 54-52 in the Big-12. Whats comical is how you goons obsess about your believing that other think highly of you at all. We don't. Its just the comedy fool.

Mrs. Fistmas
Nicely put together TTUBBA85! Us Raiders couldn't be happier to be rid of you silly aggholes! While y'all are off jetsetting to the SEC-West(a highly over rated league btw), we're loving our time still chillin in the Big XII. our two new conference mates are awesome, too. Can't wait to face off with a pair of recent BCS bowl winners. We don't really care much that the best regular season team they played last year combined was San Diego State, that's just semantics. They're awesome! And we get to keep our roadies to Ames, Manhattan, Lawrence, Waco and Stoolwater. You stupid hicks enjoy the over rated and poor game day experiences in the SEC. Bye bye aggholes!
Swingdoc
quote:
Really, why would any Big-12 program be obsessed about a underachieving half assing team like aggie that went 54-52 in the Big-12.
And yet still accomplished more than the pile of sh-t school you represent
Bobcat06
AG
quote:
We have an easier road to the title game and eventually the Final 4 if we stay in the Big 12.

I understand that it looks more impressive on paper to have 10 wins in the Big 12 than 8 in the SEC. Before Colorado, Nebraska, A&M and Mizzou left, there was some validity to that argument. But no one buys that anymore.

You may want to ask your Daddy OSU how easy the road to the title game is from a watered down Big 12. The Big 12 Champ lost a spot in the title game to the SEC West runner up.

National media pundits declared it's more impressive to be a loser in the SEC than a winner in the Big 12. Let that sink in.

Don't even mention the Final 4. By staying in the Big 12 you're admitting you'd rather have perception than quality. An undefeated schedule against a conference full of Skid Mark States is worthless when you would have to play a SEC team (on the field, not on paper).
Mameluke
AG
one of the most pathetic things in the world is the way that longhorns jizz all over themselves in a mad rush to agree and attempt to show solidarity with literally anyone on the internet that portrays A&M in a negative light, even their supposed "true" rival, OU.

but they dont care about us. nope, not one bit.
sows
Tolar, how do you figure you're hurting us in recruiting? We had a higher ranked class than you did in 2012. Not that it really matters, OU always selects a few diamonds in the rough, and what matters most is player development. Not recruiting rankings, look at UT for Pete's sake.

Anyhow we'll continue to recruit nationally and get our fair share from the state of Texas, and continue to be a powerhouse program. While A&M is "building champions", the Sooners are champions.

The funniest thing about all of this to me is that A&M ran from UT like a little girl because they can't compete.
Paul Biegler, Esq.
AG
All you have to do is look at head to head recruiting. We're kicking your head in.

Ah, yes, the "they ran because they couldn't compete" argument to a team that "ran" to the most difficult division in the most difficult conference in football. Makes perfect sense. Also makes perfect sense to say that we "ran" from a team we've been better than for the last couple of years now. I realize you're trolling and just pulling out ANYTHING you think might help "zing" us regardless of how absurd it is, but try not to make it so obvious.
Harry Stone
AG
quote:
The funniest thing about all of this to me is that A&M ran from UT like a little girl because they can't compete

you actually believe this? i'm sure it has NOTHING to do with the instability of the Big 12, AT ALL.
Paul Biegler, Esq.
AG
quote:
The funniest thing about all of this to me is that A&M ran from UT like a little girl because they can't compete.

Why did OU try to leave the Big 12?
Harry Stone
AG
OU would've been out the door too, just too bad you're stuck having to drag OSU along with you
Hood
AG
Hey, ****-for-brains sows... everyone who could leave the Big12 has.

Sorry that didn't include your team. With Oklahoma State calling your shots, you were stuck before it even started.

The Big12 is now weaker and without a CCG and both you and your sip cousins-in-law have touted your "easier path to the national championship" many times. So congratulations on all of that.

But spare us the "running away" troll. No one runs to the SEC if they're afraid of competition.

Idiot.
Bobcat06
AG
quote:
A&M ran from the Big Spare so tu couldn't strongarm us into playing games on their community access channel like they're doing with the rest of the conference

FIFY

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/report-longhorn-network-interested-broadcasting-game-between-texas-013916026--ncaaf.html

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.