Sooners website top 10 overrated teams article...you wont like it.

10,416 Views | 142 Replies | Last: 11 yr ago by APHIS AG
jrodwh00p
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
how are we over-rated?

whomever wrote that article is a complete stranger to reality.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
wilson-aggie
quote:
In fact, some of these teams (that are preseason ranked most years) have become a brand name and that brand has superseded the actual quality of the program itself. The term we use to describe that scenario is "overrated" and here's my take on the ten most overrated teams going into the 2012 season.

In his definition, the term "overrated" rarely applies to A&M and to my knowledge the brand has never superseded the product on the field.
Stasco
AG
Someone in the comments section called us the "hipster version of Bama."

Have
No
Words
So
Confused
VatoLocoAggie
This article upsets me. I am thinking about going on the comments section and defending us. I might need some help from this board.

"Texas A&M National Champions in Football 1917, 1919, 1927, 1939."

Claude os, aperi oculos!
mbcags
AG
Don't be offended, it is just sour grapes. Even with our decade of sub par football, we are still more attractive as a program then most.

Before Stoops took over, OU was in a decade long slump and were considered the most over rated program.

It all cycles and we are on the up swing while they are headed down. Let's move on to greener pastures and they can go FTS.
monarch
S
FAP him
Win At Life
AG
The writer confuses large following and devoted fans with actually ratings. We are currently rated about #56. That is not overrated. We currently have a large following and a lot of media interest surrounding our move to the SEC.

Interest = / = ratings

He sounds quite butthurt about our media interest.
hsalley
OU still butt hurt huh?

MostlyHarmless
AG
Wow! The butthurt is strong in that one.
tio
AG
"Crimson And Cream Machine - A Site For Sooner Fans By Sooner Fans"

I assume by Article you mean fan blog post?

It is nice to see that TexAgs.com is a valuable resource of bloggers to try and generate traffic for their little fan sites. My guess would be that the sole purpose of Texas A&M being #1 or even on the list of "over rated" programs was purely to drive page hit count due to the size and activity of TexAgs.com. Its truly a sad state for what passes as journalism...

[This message has been edited by jjones99 (edited 7/20/2012 7:13a).]

[This message has been edited by jjones99 (edited 7/20/2012 7:19a).]

[This message has been edited by jjones99 (edited 7/20/2012 7:25a).]
AggieTravis12
AG
Over-rated as in "not usually ranked"?
Big 12 obsession obvious.
Butthurt strong,someone is feeling the recruiting starting to hurt and their b-hole is getting chaffed.
Maroon Dawn
AG
It's OK Sooners, just take a deep breath and try to forget that despite all your success, the PAC still sees you as nothing but a glorified JUCO with a football field attached and will not return your calls until you convince a certain Texas school to come with you because thats who they really want.

boxing after dark
AG
We have struggled almost 2 decades. However to say our program is overrated based on recent history is ignorant. Media does not rate us as anything other than mediocre so not sure where they get that we are over rated? Our fans don't even think we are good and acknowledge the struggles. Maybe over rated means something different in Oklahoma.

PhatDeno
AG
I think the only people that overrate us are ourselves. Just look at the responses to this article, people are calling it the "Little 12" and talking all this crap, yet we weren't able to win it in the past 14 years. We look good on paper but haven't done squat and we wonder why other SEC teams don't respect us. Why should they?

inb4 ****storm
Nitro Power
AG
It's the meth

"Today you find a way to win, and win we shall."
OkinTexas
That's the opinion of one writer, certainly not that of most of us OU fans. We lost a great conference foe when A&M went to the SEC. And I don't blame your university for doing so; it was the right move.
vander54
S
It's the big 12 who cares what they say. I guess ou is still upset we left them for the SEC!
HDfatboy
why do you think people are jealous of the Aggies. Who would be jealous of a team that has been .500 throughout the entire Big 12 and are now moving to what you call "The Best Conference"? What we see from the outside is a mediocre school moving to a better conference, you say, and now you will probably be a .300% winning team.
ag-bq-seventy
AG
The average OU graduate's IQ is overrated, too. So, what's the big deal?
Maroon Dawn
AG
THIS POST IS SOONER TRASH TROLLING FOR HITS ON HIS WEBSITE

VOTE IT DOWN!

jock1020
AG
We don't call it the best conference. We call it our conference. Everybody else calls it the best conference. And 2 years ago we had the same record as ou and beat them. So there's that. Butt hurt is going strong.

[This message has been edited by Jock1020 (edited 7/20/2012 8:55a).]
FarmersFightAg
AG
How are we overrated? I didn't know we were rated...
Dave Robicheaux
AG
OU still must be butt hurt from getting rejected from the Pac-10
Load95
AG
Wallflowers.

Just trying to make themselves feel better after no one asked them to dance.
Nice Guy Eddie
AG
It all sounds like the Longwhorn's buttler is a little butthurt.
Hamburger Dan
I live up here in OU country. I know many OU fans, alumns, lettermen, etc. They have never looked at aTm as anything more than a slight nusiance. For them it is all about football championships and heisman's. They like their chances to win the Big XII each year - to them, only tu is relevant. They do have some hate for Okie State, but everyone else to them is simply below judgement. Saying that, I think they are afraid of any success we have in the SEC - for their recuiting purposes. Thus, the article. If they dont get the 4 and 5 star athletes from Texas they will suffer.
VatoLocoAggie
Land Thief fans are the classless clowns of the Little 12. They choke during big games (boise state anyone) and are jealous they couldn't get into the SEC like we did. The mere fact they aren't from Texas creates an envy against us because they come from a small state where they compete agains Okie Lite for respect. If it wasn't for t.u. agreeing to play with them, they would be nobodys. Let those envious jerks pout as they stay behind being t.u. little slave while we blow up the SEC.

"Texas A&M National Champions in Football 1917, 1919, 1927, 1939."

Claude os, aperi oculos!
AGECO95
quote:
I think they are afraid of any success we have in the SEC - for their recuiting purposes

You nailed it!
Al Bula
AG
The space below contains all the ****s I give about a sooner website article:

Lateralus Ag
AG
quote:
Land Thief fans are the classless clowns of the Little 12

As poor as that "article" is, and as butthurt as Stoops' minions have become, they don't even come close to garnering the place of the "The Classless Clowns of the Big WTF".

That is a heated race between the tards and the bible tards....probably have a new player in that game starting this season with WVU.
West Point Aggie
AG
...eh Sooners...really, who cares...
TexasAggiesWin
S
So, one article and a few comments about the article = the voice of all Sooners? Damn, what kind of reality do some of you live in?
SACR
AG

Blatant blatant attempt to try to garner traffic.

Link posted by a Sooner, too. What a surprise.
ShaggyAggie01
AG
Pretty sure Crim son is a Bama fan...
Lateralus Ag
AG
quote:
So, one article and a few comments about the article = the voice of all Sooners? Damn, what kind of reality do some of you live in?

The fact that you actually asked that question on this site, on this forum, made me laugh out loud.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.