Sooners website top 10 overrated teams article...you wont like it.

10,342 Views | 142 Replies | Last: 11 yr ago by APHIS AG
Lateralus Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Pretty sure Crim son is a Bama fan...

You're only "pretty" sure?

Not sure if cereal.....
TexasAggiesWin
S
quote:
The fact that you actually asked that question on this site, on this forum, made me laugh out loud.

I could not help myself!
ShaggyAggie01
AG
definitely NOT cereal...
Gone
Not obsessed at all
70JACK
Wan! Wan! Wan! That attitude is exactly why we are gone and a real conference wanted us academically and athletically. Where was OU overall athelitic program ranked the last few years???? Not above us!
Paul Biegler, Esq.
AG
quote:
why do you think people are jealous of the Aggies. Who would be jealous of a team that has been .500 throughout the entire Big 12 and are now moving to what you call "The Best Conference"? What we see from the outside is a mediocre school moving to a better conference, you say, and now you will probably be a .300% winning team.

Great logic, buddy. Extrapolate what we did in another conference, under completely different coaching staffs into the future and tell us how it will be. When OU hired Stoops, I remember laughing at OU fans who said that what Blake, Gibbs,and Schnelly did before he arrived wasn't relevant to how he'd do. Weird how that same logic doesn't apply in their eyes here.
Paul Biegler, Esq.
AG
OU in the decade before Stoops arrived:

1998 5 6
1997 4 8
1996 3 8
1995 5 5 1
1994 6 6
1993 9 3
1992 5 4 2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Year Won Lost Tied Notes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1991 9 3
1990 8 3
1989 7 4

Winning percentage = 53.5%

A&M in the decade before Sumlin arrived:

2011 7 6
2010 9 4
2009 6 7
2008 4 8
2007 7 6
2006 9 4
2005 5 6
2004 7 5
2003 4 8
2002 6 6

Winning percentage = 51.6%

texaggie90
AG
Gawd, how it must SUCK to be a sooner now! They learned they have zero conference power and no one wants them unless they are tied to daddy tu! Reality of their true value has set it and it hurts, hurts bad!
hbtheduce
AG
This thread sucked, why move it here?

SACR
AG

If Crim son is a Bama fan, my apologies.

That post has given that site the most traffic they've had in the last month. It was an obvious piece of troll bait.

http://www.sitemeter.com/?a=stats&s=s22crimsonandcreammachine&r=35

I'm trying to remember the last time a team was ranked #1 in the nation preseason and then lost to Baylor, Texas Tech, and got blown out by Oklahoma State? THAT is overrated.
BohunkAg
AG
A sooner posts sh-t about us on his website and then posts a link over here so we all visit his website.

F-ck him and his sh-tty conference.

Go suck up to Texas some more.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
AGnMass
AG
OP is an ugly mother**cker
A History Of Violence
AG
This is an outrage! How dare anyone have an opinion of us that isn't favorable! Clearly, they aren't obsessed with us, so you get the sense they aren't bitter tools like the creeps who stalk us (Buywayman, etc)
sows
Picking the most overrated program is pretty subjective. I'm not saying I agree with the list but, A&M has basically been a spoiler for the past 20 years at its best. Had some good years in the late 80s and early 90s but no hardware to show for it.

For what it's worth, OU was offered a spot in the SEC and turned it down.
Hood
AG
quote:
BohunkAg
AG
If OU turned down a spot in the SEC, they are literally the stupidest mother f-ckers on earth. Seriously.
Furlock Bones
AG
holy **** the butthurt is flowing through them like west coast mudslide.
AG
Brandon Williams to aTm and other recruits dropping like flies. They are upset. They are also worried about the recruting impact of out move to the SEC and the likelihood of the new Staff's success. Let the spin machine churn. Yes, we have lots to prove, but BlowU is not setting in the cat bird seat anymore.
sows
Why we would want to join the SEC? Although marginal by any reasonable account, it's the best football conference right now. We have an easier road to the title game and eventually the Final 4 if we stay in the Big 12. I'm completely fine with the decision. I like playing UT at the fair every year which would have inevitably gone by the wayside had we joined the SEC. We already lost Nebraska, I for one don't want to lose UT and OSU (our other traditional rivals) just to be in the SEC.

I think A&M will be a mid-range program in the SEC just like it was in the Big 12, I really don't expect much to change.
BohunkAg
AG
Your UT game wouldn't have gone by the wayside. You played each other for years in different conferences. Too bad OU doesn't realize that Texas needs that game as much as you do.

Poor Sooners. Got turned down by the Pac-12 and the SEC and now resort to spinning the facts to make it look like they wanted to be stuck in the Big 12 all along.

You are the biggest losers in all of this realignment. You were exposed as being powerless.
DecadePlan
AG
quote:

Wow.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
quote:
Couldn't comply with the SEC's no meth dealing in the stadium rule, stupid ****ing dirtburglar
Tom Doniphon
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/6923495/oklahoma-sooners-president-david-boren-says-school-interest-multiple-conferences

quote:
Boren said the bottom line is "I don't think OU is going to be a wallflower when all is said and done."

he was wrong. Dead. Ass. Wrong.

[This message has been edited by Tom Doniphon (edited 7/20/2012 3:44p).]
BohunkAg
AG
You've got it all wrong, Tom. They WANTED to be in a conference like the Big 12 and add schools like West Virginia, TCU, and Louisville and still be beholden to Dodds' crazy whims, all the while foregoing a sh-t ton of money in the Pac-12 or SEC. It's in Oklahoma's best interests. It's why they said NO to all of those conferences courting them.
RK
AG
ou can't take a dump without osu's permission.
Furlock Bones
AG
Rk just went there.
sows
Yeah right, the biggest losers. I'm laughing at you. We'll go on and win more conference and national titles, while A&M plays barn burners against the likes of Ole Miss. You were mid-range in the Big 12 and you're gonna be mid-range in the SEC. We'll continue to be the best program in the nation, just like we have been since before anyone on this board was born. You guys just don't get it, OU will continue to be a power that challenges for or wins titles because there is only ONE OU. That won't ever change, regardless of conference affiliation.
BohunkAg
AG
Do the names Gary Gibbs and Boo Blake mean anything to you? The original formation of the Big 12 was a lifeline to OU. The degradation of the league hurts them most.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
quote:
We'll go on and win more conference and national titles
You know that they set up this new playoff where you have to either win a relevant conference (SEC, Pac, B1G) or be the runner up in the SEC to get a seat at the table. Maybe Meth State should preemptively join Division I-AA
sows
Bohunk you just don't get it do you? Blake, Gibbs, Smellsofbourbon, that whole era was about putting absolutely nothing into the football program at OU. Van Horn the University President at the time let the program die purposely. The excesses of the Switzer era called for it in the regents' opinions. I was a student at OU then and know it all too well. Then Boren becomes President at OU and DECIDES the program should return to prominence. Stoops is hired and the rest is history, present and future. Read a book or something Bohunk, before you write that kind of crap. Notwithstanding the 90s, we are still the best program in the nation in virtually every statistical category since before any of you were born. We've had fewer losing seasons than any program in the nation, and most of them were in the 90s. Those are the facts. Get a sports almanac if you have to.
Paul Biegler, Esq.
AG
Wait...so OU was only terrible because they WANTED TO BE?
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
quote:
Van Horn the University President at the time let the program die purposely
Seriously, someone call the DEA. The meth consumption is out of control.
Paul Biegler, Esq.
AG
quote:
Picking the most overrated program is pretty subjective. I'm not saying I agree with the list but, A&M has basically been a spoiler for the past 20 years at its best. Had some good years in the late 80s and early 90s but no hardware to show for it.

No hardware to show for it other than, you know, 5 conference and 3 division titles.

Let me guess...those don't matter, right? Only NCs? You've won 1 in almost 30 years. I'd love to know your definition of a "spoiler."

By the way, we only slid into mediocrity the past decade or so because we WANTED to. The excesses of the Sherrill and Slocum years DEMANDED it. As you can see, our new President, BOWIN LOFTIN has now DECIDED we're going to be good again. He hired Sumlin and moved us to the SEC. And the rest, as you said, will soon be history.
DayAg!
S
These fckers have memories about as long as their tweezer *****s.

What other team beat Nebraska, tu, and OU in the same year.

And that was with a predictable coach who is no longer here but at least was better than the one before him.

New era anyway you look at it.

Tell me how tu fared under Dos Macks. Tell me how OU fared under Blake and Smellyburger. Decade long ***** slappings.

New coaches to each of those schools, upgraded facilities go a long way with winning. Of which we were left behind because of poor AD's. Couple that with some crappy coaching hires and we have a decade or better of crappy football. We've never denied it. We've said it better than most.

So which brings us full circle. Is tu and OU on the way down. Only time will tell, but no one stays on top forever. No one.

But to state we are overrated is bs. To state we will be sub .500 in the SEC is debatable. But how bout we meet back here at the end of the season so we can discuss it.

Until then how bout most of you interweb heroes just STFU and move along. We dont have time for your punk asses. We got bigger fish to fry.

[This message has been edited by DayAg! (edited 7/20/2012 4:37p).]

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.