Cross post from M&W 9/24/08 - relevant now - "The story that will never be told."

28,532 Views | 159 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Aggiebrewer
RDV-1992
How long do you want to ignore this user?
agent-maroon
DayAg!
S
Best part of this thread is this. The sips deep down inside always understood what would happen if A&M ever had a decent shot at being on equal footing. It started with the scholarship limitations that thwarted some of their recruiting efforts of which tu was the biggest benefactor with proof from several publications being written about it. Next was the death of their inside man Wright of which this thread was about. Another was the failure of their recruiting advantage with the bevo channel. And last but surely not least was the fact that one R.Bowen Loftin did things to Dodds that shouldnt be mentioned in front of the kids and he placed us right square in the middle of the best conference in the land.

They did their best politically to keep A&M in a state of perpetual disadvantage with all their behind the scenes payoffs, bribes and cheating. But once things started to unravel, their biggest fear came upon them. That once A&M no longer had to battle a crooked narrative, repeated recruiting violations, and could strike out on equal footing, that the real cream of this State would rise to the top.

They were Texas because of one reason and one reason only. They always were able to game the system, create unfair advantages,and do their best to put things in their favor to win.... always. Those no longer exist. And one other contributing factor to their downfall is their continued belief that they were a national brand. When the truth of the matter is, that when all the dust settled, tu cant even garner enough TV eyeballs in the state of Texas to move the ratings scale off of 0.0 on the crappy bovine network. You are now just Texas University at Austin. To be thought of as nothing more than what you really were all the time. Just another school in the tu system.

I think that the UIL should be investigated also. It's their last bastion of clinging on to things that help them with high school recruits.
wbt5845
AG
I wish all those who pine to play the sips again knew the full story.

Knew how the sips employed almost 100 PIs in the late 80's - fed all sorts of marginal crap to the NCAA - and the vaunted Charles Alan Wright (may he rot in hell) arguing for the death penalty for A&M.

That's right - that ****er and the Texas admins wanted A&M to get the death penalty and reduce scholarships for a decade in order to bury us for many, many years. They actively wanted and worked for the destruction of Trxas A&M football.

To all who want to play them again - remember that they worked hard to destroy Aggie football because we beat them a few times. As I've said before - they are just bad, bad people who we don't have to associate with anymore.
BohunkAg
AG
Hi horns.
West Point Aggie
AG
wbt5845 said:

Knew how the sips employed almost 100 PIs in the late 80's - fed all sorts of marginal crap to the NCAA - and the vaunted Charles Alan Wright (may he rot in hell) arguing for the death penalty for A&M.

That's right - that ****er and the Texas admins wanted A&M to get the death penalty and reduce scholarships for a decade in order to bury us for many, many years. They actively wanted and worked for the destruction of Trxas A&M football.

To all who want to play them again - remember that they worked hard to destroy Aggie football because we beat them a few times. As I've said before - they are just bad, bad people who we don't have to associate with anymore.

I missed this thread but **THIS**
dixichkn
AG
West Point Aggie said:

wbt5845 said:

I missed this thread but **THIS**
And yet you still have some with such a crippling case of Stockholm Syndrome that they'll overlook all this just for the chance to crawl in bed with them again. You know what they say about those who don't remember the past......
Artimus Gordon
And that my friends is why sip coach looney tunes and their media shills are begging to play us.

They have put themselves square between a rock and a hard place, by losing NEB, CU, MIZZ, and A&M out of the old big12. And now they can't keep their finger on OU through the NCAA because they would destroy the only conference game of any national interest that they really have.

They have found that Kansas, tech, Iowa state, OSU, KSU, BU, WVU and even TCU don't move the Richter scale as far as national TV audiences are concerned. BU is in the crapper for the forseeable future. They tried to rotate tech and TCU as a home game in austin every thanksgiving, but that was massive failure, so now they are on the road to kansas to finish out the season.

They have come to the realization that their conference slate pales in comparison to what the SEC, ACC, BIG10 and PAC12 have to offer. Thus this feeble attempt to return to the old days by begging us to play. Hell tech is even trying to get in on the act of wanting to play us. Sorry guys but you have relegated yourselves to being a buy game to us. No need of sharing revenue with you much less giving you a return date. You bring nothing to the table that we don't already have in spades by being in the best conference in the nation. So forget about it.

Every Ag needs to read this thread and understand what miserable business partners those asshats in austin were and still are. They still have their fleas folks!
tamc91
AG
They named their practice field facility after Wright.

Think about that. Someone who was so invested in a program to get a football facility named after him, was influencing disciplinary decisions pertaining to their rivals.

They had a fox watching the henhouse.

Now that we're in the racehorse barn, why would we want to mess around at the henhouse again?
Bonfire1996
AG
tamc91 said:

They named their practice field facility after Wright.

Think about that. Someone who was so invested in a program to get a football facility named after him, was influencing disciplinary decisions pertaining to their rivals.

They had a fox watching the henhouse.

Now that we're in the racehorse barn, why would we want to mess around at the henhouse again?
Shocking. Well not really since my OP is 100% factual.

Next thing you know they name the LHN Production studio after former Big 12 commish and noted Deloss Dodds ball licker Dan Beebe.
MyComputerCareer

House of cards
buda91
AG
I have a law degree from there. Undergrad from TAMU, of course. Had Professor Wright for Federal Courts class. I grew up in Bryan and Austin. Ive got a specific set of qualifications that allows me study the schools and cultures from within and without.

Never play regular season football against them again.
Ranch Dressing
AG
I just got done reading your OP and am glad I did. I also agree with Artemis Gordon that "Every Ag needs to read this thread". Related to your post, there was a lot I was not aware of and am sure several other ags are not as well.

You did a great job of breaking this issue down Barney style, and making the complex easy to understand. Thanks.

RGLAG85
AG
Goaltending in 5.....4.....3.....2.....
Bottlehead90
AG
They aren't happy with a competitive advantage. They have to have an unfair advantage.

Never schedule them again
JunctionNephew
landman1 said:

Poor Mr. Dodds. Turned down by the aggies to split a network, so he's now stuck having to spend $300 MILLION all by himself.

Whatever will poor Mr. Dodds do now that the mean old aggies told him no?

Is landman Randolph Duke?
Roman Moronie
Amazing that one man wrecked the wrecking crew. Now that's power
RGLAG85
AG
JunctionNephew said:

landman1 said:

Poor Mr. Dodds. Turned down by the aggies to split a network, so he's now stuck having to spend $300 MILLION all by himself.

Whatever will poor Mr. Dodds do now that the mean old aggies told him no?

Is landman Randolph Duke?
My thoughts back in the day.
schwack schwack
AG
Quote:

Ive got a specific set of qualifications......

I read this in Liam Neeson's voice.
vin1041
AG
Bump
Post removed:
by user

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.