Real Estate
Sponsored by

Absolutely Stunning Custom Home?

672,504 Views | 4428 Replies | Last: 18 days ago by Complete Idiot
Diggity
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
agreed. Seems like MCAD dropped the ball here.

They supposedly use satellite imaging to detect when the footprint changes on a structure. You don't need the CIA to spot this addition.

What should make you even happier is that the beneficiary of this low value is a carpetbagger LLC out of NYC...and a foreign owned entity to boot!
TXTransplant
You're just trying to get my blood pressure up, aren't you?

I honestly don't see how this incompetence by the CAD isn't grounds for a class action lawsuit.
The Fife
TXTransplant said:

I know before I even scroll through the pics that 4140 sq ft for $632k has to be a train wreck. But this one has the bonus of looking completely cookie cutter on the exterior.

https://www.har.com/homedetail/8166-laughing-falcon-trl-conroe-tx-77385/5245683
What in the wide world of sports is going on here? It's like they took random pictures from different houses and put them all in the same listing. Also that double door in the kitchen looks like some kind of elevator in an office building lobby.
The Fife
TXTransplant said:

This one caught my eye because Million Dollar Listing LA is my guiltiest pleasure.

https://www.har.com/homedetail/10940-bluebird-pl-conroe-tx-77385/16233170

This one is in the same cul de sac, and it actually appeals to me in a weird way. I guess it's some desire to simplify as I get older.

https://www.har.com/homedetail/10944-bluebird-pl-conroe-tx-77385/16218698

But dang if that's not a terrible neighborhood for those two houses. No definitely no HOA there. And probably zero comps to support the price of either of those two properties.
Like the overall layout, hate the exterior color and feel like they dropped the ball a little with the bathrooms. I don't know the area but in Texas that's a LOT of money.
TXTransplant
The 2000k sq ft one is on the low end for new construction, but like I said, it's really out of place in that neighborhood. I can't imagine there are any comps, and that buyer prob had to pay cash.

The bigger one is still on the low side for that size, but probably very expensive for that neighborhood. Both are going to appeal to a very specific buyer. Modern stuff doesn't sell up here like it does in California or even downtown Houston.
Diggity
AG
The Fife said:

TXTransplant said:

This one caught my eye because Million Dollar Listing LA is my guiltiest pleasure.

https://www.har.com/homedetail/10940-bluebird-pl-conroe-tx-77385/16233170

This one is in the same cul de sac, and it actually appeals to me in a weird way. I guess it's some desire to simplify as I get older.

https://www.har.com/homedetail/10944-bluebird-pl-conroe-tx-77385/16218698

But dang if that's not a terrible neighborhood for those two houses. No definitely no HOA there. And probably zero comps to support the price of either of those two properties.
Like the overall layout, hate the exterior color and feel like they dropped the ball a little with the bathrooms. I don't know the area but in Texas that's a LOT of money.
Black/Charcoal exterior is a fairly recent trend that I think was the natural response to every home getting painted white.

I do think it's a much more fleeting trend (like blue & gold kitchens & loud wallpaper in every room) so I wouldn't choose it personally.
MAS444
AG
I generally like that modern look - but if not done right, looks cheap to me. And when they're spec builds, I'm also just assuming they're done very cheaply.
Diggity
AG
agreed. Very tough to build a proper "modern" home in this sub $200/sqft spec market.

Usually modern just means boxy and dark cement board in that case.
Sea Speed
AG
I'm just a knuckle dragger but I like blue cabinets. My wife gets these massive wallpaper books for her work and there are some wild ones and some insane ones. I kind of like some of the insane ones.
Diggity
AG
I don't necessarily dislike any of those trends.

I just think they really "bold" stuff doesn't tend to age well. If you're doing it for yourself, why not.
Sea Speed
AG
Gotcha yea I agree with you there.
The Fife
I'm not sure if this is wild or insane, but this is what I did for the hall bathroom along with putting in old school tile. It's probably just plain BSC
Sea Speed
AG
That is nothing compared to some of the wallpapers in my wife's catalogs. I think that fits the theme of your house though. I don't think it is too crazy.
EclipseAg
AG
The Fife said:

I'm not sure if this is wild or insane, but this is what I did for the hall bathroom along with putting in old school tile. It's probably just plain BSC

I think that's a perfect pairing for the 1950s-style tile. Looks great.
MAS444
AG
Ask her where's a good place to look for some cool, funky wallpaper for an 8 year old boy's and girl's rooms.

We have some cool wallpaper in our powder bath. Kind of trippy looking. I'll take a pic if I remember.
Diggity
AG
so you installed that tile? I'm used to seeing that style in all these ranch home neighborhoods around town.

I personally think it looks really cool and a powder room is a great place for "accents".

I would argue that it's probably not as great an idea to do "wild" accents in every room as it gets to be sensory overload...but again, tastes differ.
Sea Speed
AG
I'll try to find a house injust saw that was like 3500 sf and painted 30 different wild colors. Talk about sensory overload.
The Fife
Diggity said:

so you installed that tile? I'm used to seeing that style in all these ranch home neighborhoods around town.

I personally think it looks really cool and a powder room is a great place for "accents".

I would argue that it's probably not as great an idea to do "wild" accents in every room as it gets to be sensory overload...but again, tastes differ.
Yeah, Daltile still sells a few colors that are unchanged for decades now. It's about a dead on match for American Standard Regency Blue. I used a piece of 1/4" Hardibacker on top of drywall instead of the wire mesh they used back then because it's easier and comes out the same thickness anyway. Fixtures, cabinets, and lighting are all architectural salvage.

It's the hall bathroom so I figured I can go a little more age appropriate for the place. The original master is now my office and the attached bath is 3'x9'. In there I'm going to go Ming Green with black accent tile. In there I could do pretty much anything and it wouldn't matter.
The Dog Lord
AG
Diggity said:

I don't necessarily dislike any of those trends.

I just think they really "bold" stuff doesn't tend to age well. If you're doing it for yourself, why not.

Agree with this. The black exteriors (and things like kitchens) can look great, but I still wouldn't want them for when it falls out of style. I also just prefer a more mixed approach like these where black is an accent.

combat wombat™
AG
http://bit.ly/3YCmKHM

Ol_Ag_02
AG
combat wombat said:

http://bit.ly/3YCmKHM

I tried to add images but I can't from my phone… not sure why. This is INSANE.

Seems like a quaint little country place. Get over yourself.
combat wombat™
AG
What's in the wheelbarrow???
Ol_Ag_02
AG
combat wombat said:

What's in the wheelbarrow???

Probably whatever used to be in the casket.
Sea Speed
AG
The casket doors are pretty effing awesome imo
The Fife
You found The Underatker's house!

p_bubel
p_bubel said:

Is there room for a garage? Oof.

Link
p_bubel
Fun stuff

It's a tiktok clip of the neighbor's decision making paradigm.
Supposedly.
Sea Speed
AG
Nothing like walking out your front door to instant death
Complete Idiot
p_bubel said:

p_bubel said:

Link

Came back to this thread to post this, you beat me to it!
johnrth
Someone went crazy with the black and white. The buyer is going to need a lot of paint to cover the walls and cabinets. The entire house is black and white

https://www.har.com/homedetail/11405-slash-pine-pl-spring-tx-77380/5339711

MAS444
AG
I'm really interested in the plan to get to/from the front door.
billyjack2009
Yikes
p_bubel
Quote:

Lets not forget about the large xeriscaped backyard...

Xeriscaped

At least they spelled it right, I guess.

S Pine
94chem
p_bubel said:

p_bubel said:

Link

Should simplify foundation inspections. You don't see anybody jacking up Petra, amirite?
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Belton Ag
AG
p_bubel said:

p_bubel said:

Link

At $140 per yard for 3500 PSI concrete, you're probably looking at 400 yards or so of concrete for a 2400 square foot house, so around $55 to $60,000 just for concrete. Not to mention all the steel that went into it, and I'm sure a hefty price tag for the engineer's services. I bet that foundation ended up costing well over $100k for that eyesore.
First Page Last Page
Page 122 of 127

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.