Real Estate
Sponsored by

Absolutely Stunning Custom Home?

672,519 Views | 4428 Replies | Last: 18 days ago by Complete Idiot
MAS444
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I believe there's one in or near Baytown.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
I dunno but that ceiling cost a fortune. We had contractors quote me like $3000 for cedar 15x20. I did it myself for like $600. Got a new twelve A frame ladder and a pissy wife out of the deal.
Sea Speed
AG
MAS444 said:

Also one in Friendswood and we almost looked at a house there. The homes without hangars were on over an acte.
Texasclipper
AG
Sea Speed said:

MAS444 said:

Also one in Friendswood and we almost looked at a house there. The homes without hangars were on over an acte.
Yes, Polly Ranch in Friendswood. There is also a rural one in Brazoria county off of FM1462.
Sea Speed
AG
2.5MM and these are the decorations you choose for the master?

https://www.har.com/homedetail/1288-bella-luna-ln-league-city-tx-77573/2674114

MAS444
AG
Damn - that house made my eyes hurt.
Sea Speed
AG
MAS444 said:

Damn - that house made my eyes hurt.

So bad. Also, who would want to live in a $2.5mm home in the middle of a neighborhood full of $500k houses.
combat wombat™
AG

The Fife
Sea Speed said:

2.5MM and these are the decorations you choose for the master?

https://www.har.com/homedetail/1288-bella-luna-ln-league-city-tx-77573/2674114

The sitting area in the master bedroom, also known as the voyeur's lounge. Whoever owns the place must work in hospitality because it looks like they used the same carpeting that Embassy Suites has everywhere upstairs.

edit: I was WAY off with the year this one was built! I thought it was a remodeled early 2000s tuscan, not something made like that in 2015. Hope they got a big discount on all the cabinets and stuff.
MAS444
AG
Another example of huge square footage and the cheapest finishes. Man that's just awful.
The Fife
10,000 square feet of it!

I haven't tracked it but how have these neighborhoods with giant houses fared over the years? I thought the 6,000+ sq ft mcmansion thing started up in the late '80s? Tackling that much square footage at once has got to cost an arm and a leg and I've always wondered how that would play out over time.
Sea Speed
AG
There's like 10 houses like that in this neighborhood and the rest are 4-600k i would guess. Not sure after this huge spike in prices, but that probably captures most of them. If I was spending that much on a home I would want q little bit more separation from the unwashed masses.
swimmerbabe11
"when you inherited a ton of money, but damn you still love hobby lobby"
ktownag08
AG
Agree, someone either inherited some money or won the lottery. No cohesion across the house other than looking like a massive LGI model home.
Sea Speed
AG
The "weirdest placement of the cooktop" award goes to......

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/7210-Pine-Dr-Alvin-TX-77511/2071040470_zpid/?

combat wombat™
AG
You can see the power cords hanging down below the counter.

Functionally it's not bad placement. But close that in with a cabinet and use the bottom for storage. Where did they put it on the same wall as the stairs but whatever.
p_bubel
HO

ME.
Sea Speed
AG
You can't set anything next to the cooktop so that immediately makes it a bad placement imo. And yes, seeing everything below it is just absurd, especially when they tout a newly remodeled kitchen
The Dog Lord
AG
combat wombat said:

You can see the power cords hanging down below the counter.

Functionally it's not bad placement. But close that in with a cabinet and use the bottom for storage. Where did they put it on the same wall as the stairs but whatever.

You wouldn't be able to see the distressed plywood they put below it if you closed it in! The cords just add to the rustic charm.
Texasclipper
AG
Terrible job at picture taking on this one.

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/9536-Woodview-Dr_College-Station_TX_77845_M75735-55755
AgCPA95
AG
Texasclipper said:

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/9536-Woodview-Dr_College-Station_TX_77845_M75735-55755

Wow...I could give my 5 year old nephew an iPhone and he would do 10x better than this.
The Fife
ktownag08 said:

Agree, someone either inherited some money or won the lottery. No cohesion across the house other than looking like a massive LGI model home.
It's a huge train wreck. The fake tudor add-on they did on the second floor
Entrance to the master bedroom is through whatever they're using for the office is
Barn doors don't block sound and the passage to it is conveniently located by the corner part of the stairs so you get to hear everybody running up and down them
Obviously had one of those corner tubs, new freestanding one gets placed so all kinds of crap can fall down on the corner side where it's hard to get at
Furniture used as a vanity in the master bath. Terrible idea, especially with the wood top. I had one and hated it
Shower walls or door? Ain't nobody got time for that!
REALTOR likes to capitalize RANDOM WORDS like everyone DID back IN the early 2000s.
Can't tell if that black and white tile in the other bathroom is from the 1990s or the sellers have terrible taste. Definitely the later
The Fife
Texasclipper said:

I know they aren't, but they look like they're just crap that was left up from when the house last sold 20 years ago.
Mr07Ag
AG
I really get a feel for the bedrooms with pictures like these

What isn't blurry in this photo?

To be fair, the current owners don't give them much to go on and this will most likely be a tear down but put some pride in your work.
https://www.har.com/homedetail/11500-n-lou-al-dr-houston-tx-77024/8859379?cid=JAWANG
TXTransplant
I know before I even scroll through the pics that 4140 sq ft for $632k has to be a train wreck. But this one has the bonus of looking completely cookie cutter on the exterior.

https://www.har.com/homedetail/8166-laughing-falcon-trl-conroe-tx-77385/5245683
Diggity
AG
very strange. Looks like they turned the old garage into living space and added a new garage.

I've seen this with older homes, but that's a pretty drastic reno for a ~10 year old house.

before

after
TXTransplant
Oh, wow…great catch! I'm actually surprised that extensive of an addition was even allowed by the Township/HOA (I think that 'hood is part of The Woodlands, but if it's not, I would expect it to have a pretty strict HOA).
TXTransplant
This one caught my eye because Million Dollar Listing LA is my guiltiest pleasure.

https://www.har.com/homedetail/10940-bluebird-pl-conroe-tx-77385/16233170

This one is in the same cul de sac, and it actually appeals to me in a weird way. I guess it's some desire to simplify as I get older.

https://www.har.com/homedetail/10944-bluebird-pl-conroe-tx-77385/16218698

But dang if that's not a terrible neighborhood for those two houses. No definitely no HOA there. And probably zero comps to support the price of either of those two properties.
Diggity
AG
it's strange...even the local CAD still thinks it's a 2,2xx sqft home.

might they have just slipped under the radar.

In any case, looks like the (previous) owners did a sale/leaseback to some group out of NY and now they're evicting the former owner. Not shady at all.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
Cool houses. Terrible lot lines.
MAS444
AG
I find the wording on the (former) garage wall to be very inspirational. Nicely done.
p_bubel
Diggity said:

very strange. Looks like they turned the old garage into living space and added a new garage.

I've seen this with older homes, but that's a pretty drastic reno for a ~10 year old house.

before

after

As far as garage conversions go, they did a good job.

The rest of the home screams more money than brains, though.
Diggity
AG
my same thought

I don't know...maybe having one usable yard would be preferable?
Diggity
AG
dude...the guy recreated the Sistine Chapel. Probably didn't even go blind.

TXTransplant
Diggity said:

it's strange...even the local CAD still thinks it's a 2,2xx sqft home.

might they have just slipped under the radar.

In any case, looks like the (previous) owners did a sale/leaseback to some group out of NY and now they're evicting the former owner. Not shady at all.

This makes me so mad. Everyone getting massive increases on their appraised value, and this house is still appraised at half of its actual size. Such an easy thing to verify and correct. I hate the CADs.

Also, y'all crack me up. It's why this thread is my fave!

Also, no way anyone who puts inspirational words like that on the walls of their home actually works 100 hour weeks.
First Page Last Page
Page 121 of 127

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.