Real Estate
Sponsored by

Absolutely Stunning Custom Home?

672,593 Views | 4428 Replies | Last: 18 days ago by Complete Idiot
Complete Idiot
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This is a chef's dream kitchen with 10 electric burner cooktops, 2 dishwashers, double oven and the storage goes on and on.

All of this sits on 2.4 beautifully treed acreage.

histag10
AG
That COULD BE a chef's dream kitchen. Kind of. But it seriously needs updating from its early 90s vibe.

And it COULD BE a beautifully treed 2.4 acres if you wanted to plant some trees..

Edit- and to be fair, I do see at least 2 trees that look like they might be on that property
Complete Idiot
Eh, they weren't really wild enough for this thread I admit. The "beautifully treed " with a shot a grass-only couple of acres between camera and house was what mainly got me. You could make a big volume of food in kitchen but not sure what makes something a "chef's dream"
histag10
AG
Complete Idiot said:

Eh, they weren't really wild enough for this thread I admit. The "beautifully treed " with a shot a grass-only couple of acres between camera and house was what mainly got me. You could make a big volume of food in kitchen but not sure what makes something a "chef's dream"

Double ovens, excessive counterspace for prep, lots of storage are all big things. I would add that an upgraded gas stove, prep sink on island with garbage disposal, and butlers pantry with small appliance counter space would be part of my "dream kitchen" as a baker. I would also prefer at least some area with stainless counters for ease of disinfecting and cleanup for orders.
Scruffy
AG
I only have 2 hands.
6 burners is tops and usually I only use 2.
Extra oven would be nice, but it's counter space and storage that is key.
combat wombat™
AG
NOTHING WITH A LAMINATE COUNTERTOP SHOULD BE DESCRIBED AS A "CHEF'S DREAM"!
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG

Quote:

A rare opportunity to own an underground earth home!

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/370-Grandview-Dr-Tuscola-TX-79562/53338632_zpid/?utm_campaign=iosappmessage&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=txtshare

Sea Speed
AG
I think the previous tenant had a drinking problem. The smoking problem probably didn't help any either.

The Fife
What's all that for, so they can get their money's worth and go finish smoking them later?

I saw the top of the picture with the boxes and thought 'that's not so bad, maybe they got a bunch from the liquor store...' Then I saw the rest and realized they are the liquor store!
Caliber
AG
Stolen from the outdoors board, but definitely belongs here... Not something you see everyday.

Sea Speed
AG
That is badass
The Fife
Hell yeah an actual bat cave, now you have your own crime fighting lair!
atmtws
AG
That's (stalac)tight AF!!!
/W\ Saw 'Em Off! /W\
BTHO tu.
TXTransplant
This one is a gem.

https://www.har.com/homedetail/4-autumn-cres-spring-tx-77381/5335667
billyjack2009
So. Many. Thoughts.
FincAg
AG
Is it just me or did that have something from each of the past 5-6 decades?
combat wombat™
AG
That's... turrble. So much conflicting stuff going on.

Gold AND silver accents
Cool gray AND warm beige color schemes on floors and walls
Modern AND traditional decor

There's one bathroom where the wallpaper and countertop patterns are fighting a battle for which will be dominant.
Jemotz13
AG
The curtain choices are an abomination
TXTransplant
IMO, those were the worst choices among the many, many terrible choices!
Señor Chang
AG
I counted three different rooms that had the 90s tube TVs hanging up in the corner of the room. The one in the game room looks like it has a VCR attached.
The Fife
Nothing will eat a bank account quite like a 7,000 sq ft McMansion in need of extensive updating!
combat wombat™
AG
Check out the floor plan on this house. It is really one of those worst floor plans I have ever seen.

The house has 4BR and 1.5 baths. You MUST walk through a bathroom to access 3 of those bedrooms as well as the half bath, which is located in another bedroom. One bedroom is located on the center of the house with NO windows or direct outside egress. You enter via the living room and must walk through the kitchen and washroom to get to the bonus room, outdoor entertainment and pool, and all of the bedrooms and bathrooms.

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Glendora/101-E-Linfield-St-91740/home/8032531?fbclid=IwAR1QkQtStXrWJ1oQms3X0n8fFn9JzUgWpKUsjex9y2gRtCMq-6mPCrLKdls

**EDIT** Okay, so I think the floor plan omits a door from the living room to a hall?
Sea Speed
AG
Imagine spending what I assume was hours, if not days, coming up with 50 photo descriptions like this for a suburban sprawl mid level house.

https://www.har.com/s/Db9cCd4bf33350

Quote:

As your friends and family noodle fight in the spa/pool, sit by with an iced beverage and relish in their joy. Quietly admire the good life you have created for yourself and those you love!

Quote:

Finely crafted, the elegantly appointed brickwork entices the senses, while the charming stone-bordered flower beds add color and texture to the exterior.

Pinochet
Still confusing. Why is the master closet cut out of the garage? Why is there no way to get to the attached garage without going outside?

Wanna play a game in the bonus room? Follow me through either the bathroom, a bedroom, or past my dirty laundry!
combat wombat™
AG
Pinochet said:

Still confusing. Why is the master closet cut out of the garage? Why is there no way to get to the attached garage without going outside?

Wanna play a game in the bonus room? Follow me through either the bathroom, a bedroom, or past my dirty laundry!

IMO they renovated the home and planned it badly.

It's still a terrible floor plan. Just not quite as ill conceived as it appears to be on paper.
MAS444
AG
Those kinds of descriptions drive me nuts. Like I'm going to be convinced to buy the house because of the realtor's creative writing.
Sea Speed
AG
It is terrible. It is pure gaslighting. Bro, this is a mid grade David weekly home or something. Don't try and tell me it is some palatial custom home.
Ridge14

p_bubel
The Fife
8/10, would buy. There's so much potential to use the retro parts of the room along with a kitchen that isn't the kind of thing someone would have installed in a house with medeterranean style decor in 2005.
JaneDoe02
AG
Why in the world would you decorate like that when you're selling your house?

Take a look at this home I found on Realtor.com
4037 River Walk Dr, Corpus Christi
$249,900 3beds 2baths

https://apps.realtor.com/mUAZ/6qpv0nqw
The Dog Lord
AG
They clearly just don't care since they also didn't declutter or take of the yard before taking photos.
JaneDoe02
AG
Terrible description

https://apps.realtor.com/mUAZ/dvsgp1nd

billyjack2009
Wow
Scruffy
AG
I like it!
Kind of like that Craigslist ad years back for a Toyota corrola or something that was clever and funny.
First Page Last Page
Page 118 of 127

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.