Real Estate
Sponsored by

Absolutely Stunning Custom Home?

630,472 Views | 4410 Replies | Last: 9 days ago by Complete Idiot
p_bubel
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Wouldn't want to walk barefoot on that floor...
208 Stolent
RK
AG
highly ergonomic cabinet pulls.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Not only ergonomic, but the drawers and some cabinets are also incredibly efficient by partially opening on their own.
Diggity
AG
I wonder if the drawer on the top right is painted shut or just shy?
03_Aggie
Diggity said:

I wonder if the drawer on the top right is painted shut or just shy?

It's actually open in a subsequent picture. Not sure if the reason the for the lack of hardware though. Maybe they miscounted and we're one short.
The Fife
House close to where we live for sale after two years / priced at $700K but down to $665K. This place is like Johnny Cash's Cadillac - built one piece at a time!

Someone must have gone to one of those places that clears out discontinued stock. The kitchen has three different type of cabinets plus flooring that runs straight for half the room and diagonal in the other.

$665K doesn't get you a sink that's attached to the countertop.

More mix n' match small quantity leftovers combined to make a floor.

They tried a little harder with this bathroom, only three kinds of tile in here.

1752 Dartmoor Cir. I didn't even try to count how many kinds of flooring there are here...

Now the headlights, they was another sight
We had 2 on the left and 1 on the right
But when we pulled out the switch all 3 of 'em come on
The back end looked kinda funny too
But we put it together and when we got through
Well that's when we noticed that we only had 1 tail fin
p_bubel
p_bubel
Of the thousand plus homes I've inspected over the years, this one still stands out. (It's back on the market again for the fourth time)

I think I originally appraised it 5 years ago for less than $80k. It's the only inspection I have done that I wished I carried a gun. No power, windows boarded up with zero light getting in and a full basement. The place is solid limestone and was a beautiful home once.

435 W Hutchins Pl

They've actually managed to make the place worse. Effin flippers. All of the original stunning encaustic tile is gone as are most of the original windows and doors.

The single area of improvement is removing the slap-dash additions to the back of the home that had a ceiling height of 5 feet in places.

Such a shame. A very nice house (potentially) in a really crappy area.

I don't know why I felt a need to share this one, but here it is.
leanderag82
AG
The Fife said:

House close to where we live for sale after two years / priced at $700K but down to $665K. This place is like Johnny Cash's Cadillac - built one piece at a time!

Someone must have gone to one of those places that clears out discontinued stock. The kitchen has three different type of cabinets plus flooring that runs straight for half the room and diagonal in the other.

$665K doesn't get you a sink that's attached to the countertop.

More mix n' match small quantity leftovers combined to make a floor.

They tried a little harder with this bathroom, only three kinds of tile in here.

1752 Dartmoor Cir. I didn't even try to count how many kinds of flooring there are here...

Now the headlights, they was another sight
We had 2 on the left and 1 on the right
But when we pulled out the switch all 3 of 'em come on
The back end looked kinda funny too
But we put it together and when we got through
Well that's when we noticed that we only had 1 tail fin
In looking at the kitchen.....it does include 4 Draft Beer Taps!
The Fife
Quote:

encaustic tile
I had to google that one. Why the hell would they pull that out, I thought that's what HGTV and bloggers are telling everyone to install this year? Those fake scalloped things for the top of the windows look dumb BTW. I have no idea what they were trying to pull off there but it looks super cheap.
p_bubel
I have NO idea what they're thinking. I gave up trying to understand people and their real estate choices a couple of years ago.
p_bubel
p_bubel said:

Quote:

Brand new 6 bedroom, 2.5 bath home being built in Hunters Forest

1571 SQ FT as per builders plan
Good God almighty. The one redeeming thing about crappy rural work is the lunacy played out on these lots.
Knew it! I just got a request to appraise this dump that I had posted way back on page 6. A city of 2 million people and I get tossed this job. Unreal.

LOL
TXTransplant
This thread has been quiet for too long. This isn't my best offering, but it's certainly a head-scratcher. These two properties are almost right across the street from each other in unincorporated Harris County. Clearly both are trying to capitalize on land value, but the discrepancy is pretty dramatic.

https://www.har.com/8813-dowdell-road/sale_67609335

https://www.har.com/8908-dowdell-road/sale_51991391
p_bubel
Think that first place is home to Christians?
The Fife
No, they had a vampire problem. Keyword, had.
Satellite of Love
Can y'all pick out the poorly designed addition to the house?
bad_teammate said on 2/10/21:
Just imagine how 1/6 would've played out if DC hadn't had such strict gun laws.

Two people starred his post as of the time of this signature. Those 3 people are allowed to vote in the US.
schwack schwack
AG
Always looking for cheap rentals to fix up but going to have to pass on this one.

Multi purpose room?

Look at all the storage in the bathroom!

But... you get your own Loch Ness Monster

And either an in house smoker or safe, I'm not sure.

The Fife
That bathroom reminds me of my grandma's trailer only with less stuff! There's a reason it took 3 years to empty out and go through all of it.
RK
AG
does the bathtub have a headboard?
p_bubel

407 Sunshine Meadow
Drillbit4
AG

Uhh is that a stripper pole setup? Lucky me, that's just what I'm in the market for.

expresswrittenconsent
That rock formation bathtub getup is a true one of a kind.
schwack schwack
AG
Those people rock. Everything.
p_bubel
Drillbit4 said:

Uhh is that a stripper pole setup? Lucky me, that's just what I'm in the market for.

p_bubel

See that hand dryer mounted 6 feet in the air? WTF!?! Were they using it to dry their hair?
expresswrittenconsent
dallasiteinsa02
It looks like in one of the earlier listings it had a wood burning heater in the stripper pole location that connected to the ceiling.
AggieDarlin
AG
p_bubel said:

See that hand dryer mounted 6 feet in the air? WTF!?! Were they using it to dry their hair?

At first glance, I thought that was a wall of skulls and they were going for a Catacombs look
The Fife
Somebody's been trying to unload that place for almost 10 years! Price dropped from $925 to $346K. It's the one time the realtor could've honestly written "HUGE PRICE REDUCTION!!!1" and they left it off.

The place looks exactly like what I'd imagine a Colorado gold prospector would do if they finally struck it rich and then had no idea what's next.
p_bubel
The Fife said:

Somebody's been trying to unload that place for almost 10 years! Price dropped from $925 to $346K. It's the one time the realtor could've honestly written "HUGE PRICE REDUCTION!!!1" and they left it off.

The place looks exactly like what I'd imagine a Colorado gold prospector would do if they finally struck it rich and then had no idea what's next.
Holy ****, I had not realized that. $900k for 2.5 acres in Floresville... What lunatics.

Then the house finally went from 5500 sf down to the actual size of 3890 sf because you can not include the detatched guest house in GLA. ( A huge pet peeve of mine) The older photos are pretty great, but MLS won't let me link them.

The stripper pole was a wood burning stove and there is/was an indoor lap/hot tub.
p_bubel

Quote:

There is a pool in the backyard that is covered with a mini golf course. Pool needs to be resurfaced. No pool pump included.
Village Glen

I love my job.
The Fife
Windcrest never fails to disappoint!

Has that place gone downhill yet? 10 years ago I remember it being where the people who bought in 50 years earlier lived and I thought the streets were starting to go to crap. I thought there were a bunch of foundation problems over there too.
p_bubel
The Fife said:

Windcrest never fails to disappoint!

Has that place gone downhill yet? 10 years ago I remember it being where the people who bought in 50 years earlier lived and I thought the streets were starting to go to crap. I thought there were a bunch of foundation problems over there too.
Eh, it's more The Glen than Windcrest. The place posted yesterday would have been a $50k to $80k home two years ago. Hell, it still might be.

Windcrest is getting along just fine. The bigger places renovated can fetch near $300,000 now. Having Rackspace next door didn't hurt. ...and their own police and fire department.

The flippers are having a field day in The Glen/Camelot, which has given the area a second chance to not be ****ty.
p_bubel
A couple of Windcrest homes for example.

401 Fenwick

6302 Lakewood Park
Post removed:
by user
First Page Last Page
Page 43 of 127

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.