Real Estate
Sponsored by

Absolutely Stunning Custom Home?

631,072 Views | 4410 Replies | Last: 11 days ago by Complete Idiot
The Fife
How long do you want to ignore this user?
dubi said:

Quote:

paint the door

C'mon... it's only a little lead poisoning. Don't be so uptight
cevans_40
AG
That's 2 different built in tubs
Diggity
AG
Good eye!
TXTransplant
TXTransplant said:

This is a house in my 'hood, - couple of cul de sacs over - that just came on the market this week. SMH - what does one have to do to achieve a picture quality that is that bad?!?

http://www.har.com/67-sandwell-pl/sale_91648710

So, this is one I posted last Nov. I guess it didn't sell, because it's been back on the market for the last 36 days.

http://www.har.com/67-sandwell-pl/sale_96981156

Looks like they cleaned the place up, as it no longer looks like hoarders live there. But, it's clearly the same owners because that alligator table was in the previous listing. Sadly, the picture quality isn't any better.

But the real story is the price hit. This place was originally listed for over $600k, which, for the square footage, was not at all unreasonable for the neighborhood. Now it's priced at barely $100/sq ft. Foreclosures around here list higher than that. Luckily, there are no houses in the same cul de sac for sale, otherwise there would probably be a suburban riot.
sts7049
AG
that's a big price cut. wonder if there is also something that popped up in the inspection.

also, the appraised value is 518k for 2017 so the new owners will get a nice reduction when they bring in that proof of sale to HCAD
p_bubel

Stellar window sizing and placement.
AggieAces06
AG
It doesn't help that it looks like there is ghost or small child in the bottom right corner of the horribly too small window for that giant forehead of a wall...
dubi
AG
That house is awful!
sts7049
AgCPA95
AG
Not as bad as some on here, but the pictures made me laugh....please clean up your house! This is a few blocks away from us and has been on the market for almost 2 years in Cinco Ranch with no listing price adjustment that I can remember. By far the worst up kept yard in the area as I drive by it each day to/from work and our HOA is crazy aggressive on everything so I can't fathom how many letters they have received.

Description from agent:
Major damage and needs repairs

histag10
AG
They use workout equipment about like I do...
94chem
Quote:

been on the market for almost 2 years in Cinco Ranch with no listing price adjustment that I can remember
Idea for a good TV show - kind of on the Hoarders theme, where realtors work with sellers who have psychological problems and unrealistic expectations about market value. The show would always include repair estimates and realistic appraisals.
AgCPA95
AG
94chem said:

Quote:

been on the market for almost 2 years in Cinco Ranch with no listing price adjustment that I can remember
Idea for a good TV show - kind of on the Hoarders theme, where realtors work with sellers who have psychological problems and unrealistic expectations about market value. The show would always include repair estimates and realistic appraisals.
I'm sure it would get some viewers. A lot of random traffic and different cars at the house. Earlier this year one evening there were 4 cop cars there. One due was beat up pretty bad with a very bloody wife-beater sitting on a stool in the middle of the drive while the cops were talking to another guy who was cuffed.
Diggity
AG
there was some show called "the unsellables" that was kind of like that.
StringerBell
AG
http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/4923-Kessler-Boulevard-East-Dr_Indianapolis_IN_46220_M30524-17992

looooooooooooooooooooooootta texture going on in here
Ol Jock 99
AG

What the hell???
histag10
AG
I always wondered what happened to the ufo that crashed in Roswell... looks like they turned it into a museum, and then into a "house"
p_bubel
The Fife
So that's what it looks like when you build your entire house out of leftovers and factory seconds. I've always been curious just how bad that would be.
drewser95
AG
Apparently the lion head on the right couldn't take staring at the hideousness any longer and committed suicide...

94chem
I built it one piece at a time...

Fodder for your rest of the day humming
dubi
AG
The Fife said:

So that's what it looks like when you build your entire house out of leftovers and factory seconds. I've always been curious just how bad that would be.
POTD
94chem
The owner is:

a) lottery winner (or oil was found on their land, etc.)
b) pro athlete
c) blue collar business person (e.g. sold their trash hauling business)

The money arrived way before their taste. Exactly the opposite of House Hunters, where the taste often arrives before the money.
The Fife
drewser95 said:

Apparently the lion head on the right couldn't take staring at the hideousness any longer and committed suicide...

Big Lots only had two lions!
dubi
histag10
AG
A few of my favorites from that listing:

The dueling beds. Because everyone wants to share a bedroom in a house that big. Also, that is a horrible bed making job

The want for an outdoor kitchen, but then realizing you ran out of scrap material while building the pergola. Also, who only has a pergola over an outdoor kitchen?

And lastly, just in case the lions inside freaked you out, here is a lovely fountain of dolphins.

Tree Hugger
AG
That house makes me think it was formerly home to a multi-generational Cambodian family.
Diggity
AG
the dolphin statue cemented it for me.
94chem
Quote:

Also, that is a horrible bed making job
Just noticed the pillows are at the foot of the bed. Maybe this was Gene Wilder's house?
p_bubel
If you're going to chose one introductory photo of your place, make sure it's a photo of a hubcap...

p_bubel
Meh, after seeing the other photos it might have been the wise choice.
p_bubel
So a cool site, and such a piece of junk:

Verde Mountain
The Fife
The land looks nice and all, but what the hell happened? Someone tried to DIY their own McMansion design and project management? Victim of the last housing bust, which granted, never really hit SA?
p_bubel
The Fife said:

The land looks nice and all, but what the hell happened? Someone tried to DIY their own McMansion design and project management? Victim of the last housing bust, which granted, never really hit SA?
I dunno. Looks like a huge over-improvement to me. Not a ton of buyers for 10,000 sf homes in town.
histag10
AG
the land doesnt even look that nice. I mean the neighbors land looks great, but the land that's being sold looks pretty bad..
First Page Last Page
Page 36 of 127

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.