Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Mutual Funds and ETFs

5,923 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Aggie Dad 26
Aggie Dad 26
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Brian Earl Spilner said:

This. Y'all I know I love me some TQQQ and TNA, but I'm not touching SOXL with a 10 foot pole in the current market.
TNA 1.08% ER
1Y +36.41%
3Y -25.02%
10Y +1.36%

You're a savage
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TNA is mostly sideways if you look at its 1Y chart, but has been very tradeable all year.

It's had strong support in the 32-34 range and profits can be taken in the 38-40 range.

Can't speak for future performance of course, but if you're looking to be a swing trader, it's a solid choice.

In the event it dips below 31 or so is where I'd set my hard stop.
Aggie Dad 26
Brian Earl Spilner said:

TNA is mostly sideways if you look at its 1Y chart, but has been very tradeable all year.

It's had strong support in the 32-34 range and profits can be taken in the 38-40 range.

Can't speak for future performance of course, but if you're looking to be a swing trader, it's a solid choice.

In the event it dips below 31 or so is where I'd set my hard stop.
I'm not there yet. I have been placing as many ETFs and mutual index funds under a microscope as possible in order to find the very best. At age 44, I'm way behind here. I'm gonna dump as much as I can into my mutual fund and ETFs as I can until the time comes that I'm comfortable with swing trading. By then I should have done fairly well with ETFs and so forth

I'm waiting on both of my CDs to mature and its painstakingly long. Mostly because I'm impatient and when I want something I want it yesterday. I want that money into my SWPPX, NOW!

Until then, its tossing in a little here and a little there. July may be the month I invest in my first ETF. I haven't decided which yet. But as you can see I've been doing my homework.
Quacked
Apologies, I didn't mean the leveraged one. I've only held contracts on SOXL- I edited to remove
woodiewood
Aggie Class of 2026 said:

Yeah I've concluded to stick with my mutual fund, and do ETFs until I'm more knowledgeable
The advantage of ETFs over Mutual Funds is that ETFs trade as stock do, immediately upon order rather than after the day's closing as mutual funds do. I use the ETFs and to protect my gains with trailing stock losses.

In my Trad IRA and Sep IRA have 10 to 12 stocks and four or five ETFs and have trailing stop losses on all of them. I am up 41% YTD, so I am doing well with my approach.

whoop1995
AG
I am sure you have already done this but don't forget to check the box that says reinvest all dividends and interest.

I also am in the mutual fund and pleased thus far.
I collect ticket stubs! looking for a 1944 orange bowl and 1981 independence bowl ticket stub as well as Aggie vs tu stubs - 1926 and below, 1935-1937, 1939-1944, 1946-1948, 1950-1951, 1953, 1956-1957, 1959, 1960, 1963-1966, 1969-1970, 1972-1974, 1980, 1984, 1990, 2004, 2008, 2010
Aggie Dad 26
Thoughts on ETF, URNM, and having Uranium apart of your basket?
EliteZags
AG
trailing stops on long hold ETFs? that just sounds like the prevent defense to protect a lead in football, it prevents you from winning the game
Aggie Dad 26
Working on diversifying my portfolio

Currently

SWPPX YTD 19.70%
Info Tech 30.57%
Financials 12.91%
Health Care 11.98%
Cons Disc 9.85%
Comm Ser 9.85%
Industrials 8.55%
Con Staples 6.02%
Energy 3.86%
Utilities 2.49%
Materials 2.33%
Real Estate 2.18%

SWHFX YTD 12.22%
Health Care 100%

FFGCX YTD 10.35%
Materials 49.23%
Energy 40.65%
Cons Staples 10.02%
Industrials .11%
Hey Nav
AG
I write down all sorts of stuff, too.
Aggie Dad 26
Hey Nav said:

I write down all sorts of stuff, too.

I have pages and pages in my short time with this
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.