Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Residential Electric Plans

33,889 Views | 228 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by aTm_bomb
87IE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I was at .076 + transmission fees but my contract is up this month. I went with Thigbe and just received this

Quote:

Thank you for trusting Thigbe with your energy needs!

We have initiated your next power contract to start with Southern Federal Power for your location at **** ******** Dr . We found an energy rate of $.03870/kWh. This contract will last from 03/31/2023 through 06/30/2023.
It's Laken Riley, not Lincoln you idiot
Dill-Ag13
AG
50% off ain't bad huh
Kenneth_2003
AG
87IE said:

I was at .076 + transmission fees but my contract is up this month. I went with Thigbe and just received this

Quote:

We have initiated your next power contract to start with Southern Federal Power for your location at **** ******** Dr . We found an energy rate of $.03870/kWh. This contract will last from 03/31/2023 through 06/30/2023.

Others can chime in... Huge savings right now. Where do we see energy prices in the middle of summer? Don't electricity prices usually rise in the summer?
YouBet
AG
As I've never cancelled early, I assume if I just go ahead and sign up with a new providier my current provider will just add the cancellation fee to my final bill?
87IE
AG
I'll find out but I think with their business model I should be okay.

Since they pay the provider directly and then bill me I think they more than likely bundle a bunch of us together.

The cheapest rate that Southern Federal has on their website is .063 on a variable account or .076 on a 3 month.
aTm2004
AG
I'm in Harris county and got the same type of email.

Quote:

We have initiated your next power contract to start with True Power for your location at Harris County, Comrade. We found an energy rate of $.05080/kWh. This contract will last from 03/09/2023 through 06/08/2023.

Was at $.11 +fees, IIRC. Was like $0.145 all in.
MrJonMan
AG
87IE said:

Quote:

So what's the all in price? I'm at 12.5 or 12.8 depending if I break the 2000kw barrier
Lone Star Pest Control Service, Inc. Call for special Pricing!
87IE
AG
They don't switch over until Friday so I won't see my first bill for a while.
Charlie Murphy
12 month prices for 2k averages seem to be sticky at ~10.5
Gig-Em2003
AG
Anyone else see a $150 TDU Pass-Through Charge on their bill for March??

Amigo says it's some PUCT directed fee that everyone is paying. I don't believe a word Amigo says for the record…
warrington74
AG
Just changed plans

15.4 to 10.8
Without on or fees 10.8 down to 6.3

Energy ogre alerted me

Cost me 175$ early change fee
woodiewood1
Overall, it sounds like I should be happy with my 12.6 cents KWH with College Station U.
Law361
AG
Who with if you don't mind me asking?
Ag CPA
AG
Gig-Em2003 said:

Anyone else see a $150 TDU Pass-Through Charge on their bill for March??

Amigo says it's some PUCT directed fee that everyone is paying. I don't believe a word Amigo says for the record…
What TDU are you under, I didn't get anything extra from Oncor last month.
DonaldFDraper
AG
Just renewed with Frontier on the plan below. It was the best option from Texas Power Guide / Rate Grinder. It took a little time to do it over the phone. They didn't want to give it to me because it's only for new customers but I held firm that I would be switching if I didn't get it.

I have an unlock code through July. DM if you want it.

https://eflviewer.frontierutilities.com/eflviewer.aspx?lang=EN&prodcode=FPOWSVR12&tdspcode=ONCOR_ELEC
87IE
AG
MrJonMan said:

87IE said:

Quote:

So what's the all in price? I'm at 12.5 or 12.8 depending if I break the 2000kw barrier
I received my first bill from Thigbe (for a partial month).

I used 474 kWh and the total bill from the supplier was $39.75 or about .079 including the TDU Delivery and Meter charges.

Thigbe added $2 for them and $1 for the Association of Former Students for a total bill of 42.75 all in.
Boy Named Sue
AG
Bump. It's time for me to renew so I went looking for the link in this thread. Thought someone else may want it too.
lctag
AG
Time for me to renew mine as well. My expiring contract is $0.11 now. I already didn't feel that was great. But based on a cursory review of rates, it definitely seems like I'll be taking an increase. Yeah.
aTm_bomb
AG
They literally bumped up .01 overnight when this freeze came in more clearly. Give a little time after it passes. If nothing major happens it hopefully should drop back down.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.