Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Anybody else waiting on tax refund?

22,219 Views | 161 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by OldArmyBrent
cptthunder
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My son is now 10 months old and we still havent gotten a SS card for him....called to make a in person appointment to atleast get the # so i could finish filling and they said they were booked 3 months out....
SamHou
YouBet said:

SamHou said:

Thank Republicans who dramatically cut IRS budget. Beyond idiotic to cut funding to one of the few agencies that brings in revenue
Well, that's what happens when you get weaponized by a Democrat administration that goes out of it's way to punish and mistreat conservative groups. Stick to your core mission and maybe you don't get your funding cut.

Also, it's not revenue. It's my money and the government didn't build it or earn it.

1) cuts to IRS date back to 2010
2) Things that allow you to make money (eg, infrastructure; security) cost money.
YouBet
AG
SamHou said:

YouBet said:

SamHou said:

Thank Republicans who dramatically cut IRS budget. Beyond idiotic to cut funding to one of the few agencies that brings in revenue
Well, that's what happens when you get weaponized by a Democrat administration that goes out of it's way to punish and mistreat conservative groups. Stick to your core mission and maybe you don't get your funding cut.

Also, it's not revenue. It's my money and the government didn't build it or earn it.

2) Things that allow you to make money (eg, infrastructure; security) cost money.
1) Yes, while Obama was President and when they weaponized the IRS.
2) It's not revenue though. It's a tax. I get several outfits have changed the definition of revenue to include government taxes in that definition to fit their political agenda though.
SamHou
YouBet said:

SamHou said:

YouBet said:

SamHou said:

2) It's not revenue though. It's a tax. I get several outfits have changed the definition of revenue to include government taxes in that definition to fit their political agenda though.

This is not a hard concept to grasp..
1) Cuts started in 2010. Allegations took place in 2013. Thus you can't blame the allegations for Republicans cutting the IRS.
2) We all rely on things (eg, infrastructure). They are paid for with taxes, which represents revenue. https://taxfoundation.org/us-tax-revenue-2021/
YouBet
AG
SamHou said:

YouBet said:

SamHou said:

YouBet said:

SamHou said:

This is not a hard concept to grasp..
1) Cuts started in 2010. Allegations took place in 2013. Thus you can't blame the allegations for Republicans cutting the IRS.
2) We all rely on things (eg, infrastructure). They are paid for with taxes, which represents revenue. https://taxfoundation.org/us-tax-revenue-2021/
Well, they certainly didn't help the trend going after conservatives. Definition has been changed like many others by the left. We can agree to disagree on that one.
YouBet
AG
FYI on the backlog:

Quote:

According to a recent report to Congress, the Internal Revenue Service has a backlog of 35 million unprocessed tax returns, up from seven million a couple of years ago. Customer-service calls (such as from your accountant) are up 300%, but only a small percentage of these ever reach an IRS agent, because hold times can be more than three hours.
jaggiemaggie
AG
I just got mine last week. Filed on April 11th
coolerguy12
AG
cptthunder said:

My son is now 10 months old and we still havent gotten a SS card for him....called to make a in person appointment to atleast get the # so i could finish filling and they said they were booked 3 months out....

Daughter was born august 2nd and we got her card within 2 weeks. That's strange.
jmm
Accountant filed August 2nd. Got refund deposit on August 16th.
Aust Ag
AG
Going on month 7!
Thriller
AG
We were finally assigned a representative in the Tax Advocate's office. We have moved from 4-6 week follow-ups to 2 weeks.

Month 18.
Jet Black
Aust Ag said:

Going on month 7!

Same
AzAg80
AG
hedge said:

Y'all don't file online ?
Some people cannot file electronically, if they don't have a driver's license due to old age, and dementia prevents them getting another valid form of ID. IRS needs to find a way to accommodate cases like this so their returns can be filed electronically.
gigemhilo
AG
AzAg80 said:

hedge said:

Y'all don't file online ?
Some people cannot file electronically, if they don't have a driver's license due to old age, and dementia prevents them getting another valid form of ID. IRS needs to find a way to accommodate cases like this so their returns can be filed electronically.
through a third party you can - I've never needed to provide id info (other than SSN) for anyone ive e-filed for the IRS.

States are a different issue - maybe that is what you mean?
azul_rain
Jet Black said:

Aust Ag said:

Going on month 7!

Same
send them an email every day until they pay you
Aust Ag
AG
To where??
azul_rain
The irs, annoy the **** out of them
Aust Ag
AG
Well, OK. I thought maybe you had a back-door email I could use!
coolerguy12
AG
Filed May 15th online, I'll be receiving my return this week.
southernboy1
AG
Finally got my return after 6 months. And it was adjusted for some reason. I'm waiting for the irs letter to explain why.
Cadet05
AG
Had mine reduced about $5k. According to my CPA, the law was changing almost daily. It was correct at the time filed but based on the finalized law, the reduced amount is now correct. Can anyone confirm what my CPA is saying to be true?
coolerguy12
AG
Any breakdown of what the laws were and how they changed?
gigemhilo
AG
comment removed - anything i would say would be speculation without seeing your info.
Jdrexgman
AG
5+ months and still waiting
BMach
AG
Filed mine in February, got it in august
Aust Ag
AG
OP here, still waiting.
Going on 8 months.

Nice job Brandon.

fka ftc
I have no indication of why mine was processed so quickly, but we filed electronically on September 10th, IRS cut the check on 10/01. On 10/04 received two letters from IRS, one for me and one for wife (we have always filed jointly), saying the IRS could not do direct deposit refund and a manual check was issued. Check arrived 10/05.

It would seem to make no sense as our return includes income from businesses and other complexities.
"The absence of the word accountability is not the same as wanting no accountability" -unknown

"You can never go wrong by staying silent if there is nothing apt to say" -Walter Isaacson
gigemhilo
AG
Most of those waiting need to be reviewed. Reviews are conducted on filed returns if:
1. High refund
2. claimed certain credits (mostly Earned Income Credit or Recovery Rebate Credit)
3. Payments to the IRS dont match what they get

Almost every return Ive seen held up this year was for Recovery Rebate Credit claimed on the tax return. In reality, if you qualified for it and DIDNT claim it, the IRS was sending it out anyway. In hindsight, I would not have claimed it on those returns and just let the process play out like it normally would.
fka ftc
I meet the first two criteria. My filed return is over 45 page which I point out only to indicate complexity of return. Makes me wonder if they are not adopting a LIFO approach to processing and not a FIFO, so the ones file most recently are getting the most attention in turns of processing. Just a thought.
"The absence of the word accountability is not the same as wanting no accountability" -unknown

"You can never go wrong by staying silent if there is nothing apt to say" -Walter Isaacson
Thriller
AG
539 days later and we finally have a refund approved and on the way.

It was held up for review, as mentioned. we had a large refund and also had rebate for an electric vehicle which held up the process.

Finally.
gigemhilo
AG
The complexity shouldn't be an issue. E-filed returns are automatically accepted unless they are flagged for review for one of those issues.

I've had many ultra-complicated returns be e-filed, processed, and refunds granted within the normal time frame.
Aust Ag
AG
OP here, finally got it yesterday!!!! Good luck to those who are still waiting, but the water seems to be moving now.
Texker
AG
Filed online Oct 15, refund hit the account Oct 29
GCRanger
AG
Submitted on June 15. Still waiting. It's still in received status.
Jdrexgman
AG
7+ months here on my 2020 filing.

Now it appears the IRS can't find my "Refund Status" on their website. I assume it's because they've flipped the database over to 2021.

Anyone else experience this?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.