Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Anybody else waiting on tax refund?

22,019 Views | 161 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by OldArmyBrent
Aust Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I submitted my taxes on March 26, and my return hasn't even been processed. Their site acknowledges they "have it". Usually, it takes about a week to see it in my account. Starting to really annoy me.
WestTexAg12
AG
Yes. Been waiting since March also.
Husky Boy Jr.
AG
Did you submit a paper return? I had to submit paper this year and the refund took about 8 weeks.
Aust Ag
AG
No, I have a guy and he just hits Send.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Yep, taking a frustratingly long time.
Sandman98
AG
Filed 3/11
Accepted 3/11
"ReFuND" received 3/19

TurboTax
PeekingDuck
AG
Yeah, I haven't received one in about ten years.
bam02
AG
PeekingDuck said:

Yeah, I haven't received one in about ten years.

And there he is... That Guy!
Thriller
AG
We are still waiting on one from our 2019 TY return. We bought an electric vehicle, which evidently bumps some people out of the automated acceptance queue for a "review" of the sale/rebate docs. They asked to resubmit a few things, which in turn triggered an identity theft review because of duplicate documents. At this point, we expect TY2020 to be completely done before 2019 because our only recourse is the taxpayer advocate system.

F the IRS.
MoreCushing4thePushing
AG
We usually have to pay more, but the question about having to take off work because of COVID was a game changer. My wife and I are both 1099.
hph6203
AG
I owe.

I'm putting off giving that money over as long as possible.
gigemhilo
AG
Tax preparer here...

The ones I see being held up this year are the returns that claimed stimulus on the 2020 return. I had a few returns I submitted on Feb 13 (first day) that were refunded earlier this week. I have a lot that have not received anything yet.
Jet Black
Mailed mine back in February and have heard nothing. Did a little research and I am far from the only one.
Aust Ag
AG
gigemhilo said:

Tax preparer here...

The ones I see being held up this year are the returns that claimed stimulus on the 2020 return. I had a few returns I submitted on Feb 13 (first day) that were refunded earlier this week. I have a lot that have not received anything yet.
I didn't get any stimulus money, so not sure what my issue is. I wish I had a ball park estimate on when the money was coming in so I could plan accordingly.
azul_rain
Y'all don't file online ?
you may all go to hell and i will go to Texas
12thMan9
AG
Sandman98 said:

Filed 3/11
Accepted 3/11
"ReFuND" received 3/19

TurboTax
Same here. Only challenge is now I need to amend and I can't right now w/TT.
Ronnie '88
Aust Ag
AG
hedge said:

Y'all don't file online ?
Most did, and that's why we're confused as for the long delays.
azul_rain
Shoot I did mine back in February and got my refund within 2 weeks
gocobra
AG
When are taxes due again?
azul_rain
When gu'mint says so
coolerguy12
AG
gocobra said:

When are taxes due again?

6/15 if you're in Texas
ag0207
AG
Aust Ag said:

I submitted my taxes on March 26, and my return hasn't even been processed. Their site acknowledges they "have it". Usually, it takes about a week to see it in my account. Starting to really annoy me.

It was probably sent out to someone else as a stimulus check.
lockett93
AG
msechelski said:

We usually have to pay more, but the question about having to take off work because of COVID was a game changer. My wife and I are both 1099.

Did you both get ppp loans?
YouBet
AG
Can't find the article but they are backed up all the way from 2019 due to COVID according to the article. Sounds like you will be waiting several more weeks.

I'm still waiting on my EIN for my LLC that I submitted in January. I talked to the IRS on the phone 2 weeks ago and the guy told me it would be another 45-60 business days before it was completed. Again, submitted it in January.

To pre-empt others, the online portal to submit there errors out for me for some unknown reason, so I was forced to request it manually. The IRS guy said the online method doesn't always work and they don't really know why. Lol.

Your tax dollars at work.
Post removed:
by user
YouBet
AG
third coast.. said:

Woof we are doing my wife's LLC next week. No bueno on taking that long.
If the online submitted doesn't work, then fax it as second option. Snail mail as last resort.

I'm invoicing under my name for now which is ok since I'm an independent contractor but it's damn annoying.
Post removed:
by user
YouBet
AG
third coast.. said:

We are using a lawyer who is also doing our living will so I will discuss with her. I'm not sure how it would work for my wife as having the business will get her discounts on goods and services for her clients and I figured she would need the EIN for that. Hmm.
Not sure on that but probably so. We are just going to run the income through Schedule C on our personal tax return. It's not hard to set up. It's actually really easy. I did it myself and saved the attorneys fees after reading upon it, so the long pole is just waiting. Get using an attorney though.
YouBet
AG
third coast.. said:

We are using a lawyer who is also doing our living will so I will discuss with her. I'm not sure how it would work for my wife as having the business will get her discounts on goods and services for her clients and I figured she would need the EIN for that. Hmm.
Lo and behold, I check the mail today and my EIN arrived. What are the odds?

Alas, they set it up wrong. They associated the EIN with my personal name and not my LLC name, so I was on the phone for about 1.5 hours today to learn that I need to fax a request to a certain number and request that they re-associate my new EIN to my LLC name.

I have no idea what the turnaround time is, but the guy on the phone told me to request a confirmation letter when I fax the request so I'm guessing I'm looking at several more weeks.
Post removed:
by user
MoreCushing4thePushing
AG
lockett93 said:

msechelski said:

No
Lavender Gooms
AG
Jet Black said:

Mailed mine back in February and have heard nothing. Did a little research and I am far from the only one.

Same thing here. We're foster parents and useless bio mom filed before us (4 kids, we have one of them) so we had to mail, couldn't e-file. 7 weeks after it was delivered, still nothing on the "where's my refund" IRS site.

My wife actually got to talk to someone at the IRS yesterday. Their answer was call back in 2 weeks. Said they do probably have it, but it essentially hasn't been looked at yet.
Jet Black
Lavender Gooms said:

Jet Black said:

Same thing here. We're foster parents and useless bio mom filed before us (4 kids, we have one of them) so we had to mail, couldn't e-file. 7 weeks after it was delivered, still nothing on the "where's my refund" IRS site.

My wife actually got to talk to someone at the IRS yesterday. Their answer was call back in 2 weeks. Said they do probably have it, but it essentially hasn't been looked at yet.

Thanks for the update. Still waiting here. Checking "my refund" but nothing. I read a thread on Reddit and there are many in the same boat.
lockett93
AG
msechelski said:

lockett93 said:

msechelski said:

No

Self employed filing sch C can get PPP loans (100% forgiven) if in business Feb 15, 2020. Message me if you want more info.

YouBet
AG
Jet Black said:

Lavender Gooms said:

Jet Black said:

Thanks for the update. Still waiting here. Checking "my refund" but nothing. I read a thread on Reddit and there are many in the same boat.

Pretty much everyone is. I've talked to the IRS about it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.