Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Crypto-trading thread

813,817 Views | 8698 Replies | Last: 19 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
TxAG#2011
How long do you want to ignore this user?
will25u said:

XRP along with XRPL is positioning itself to be THE bridge currency between other FIAT currencies.

FEDNow is working with Ripple, along with other countries banking systems like Japan.

Lol I'm sorry I hope you don't actually believe this. They were saying this exact thing in 2017 and its still not used by anyone. There is no actual need for it.
Viper16jr
AG
Yep... FEDNOW going live end of next week... 9 Ripple partners integrate into the FEDNOW service that are on/off ramps utilizing XRP through their API integration.

Timing is everything... convenient ruling today.... and if we've learned anything over the last few years, everything is scripted.

“We're Americans, we'd rather die on our feet, than live on our knees."
Viper16jr
AG
Nice contrast.... makes the world go 'round...
“We're Americans, we'd rather die on our feet, than live on our knees."
TTUArmy
Viper16jr said:

Yep... FEDNOW going live end of next week... 9 Ripple partners integrate into the FEDNOW service that are on/off ramps utilizing XRP through their API integration.

Timing is everything... convenient ruling today.... and if we've learned anything over the last few years, everything is scripted.

It sure seems like it's scripted. Kind of like the SEC was suing Ripple just to keep the price low on XRP, maybe so institutional money could buy-in dirt cheap. Ever notice how Garlinghouse is always cool as a cucumber when discussing the SEC lawsuit in interviews? Always chipper and non-chalant. Anyway, I think that xrpl is going to be used in many industries. Hope some of you guys took profits on the big news today.
Adverse Event
If you've loved the money made off planned obsolescence industries, YOULL LOVE CBDC'S!
What bitcoin’s detractors don’t understand is monetary economics, computer science, software engineering, network protocols, and electrical systems.

It ain't much, but it's honest Proof of Work.
Adverse Event
If you hate planned obsolescence, from Healthcare to education to appliances and phones, then you'll do everything in your power to destroy the incentives that create the flawed corporate models.

You'd think a little more than a digital display showing "Number Go Up."

You'd probably be a bitcoiner, or someone well on their way to becoming one.
What bitcoin’s detractors don’t understand is monetary economics, computer science, software engineering, network protocols, and electrical systems.

Adverse Event

will25u
Settlement incoming?

Also in the previous post, it says that secondary sales of XRP was not adjudicated. Except it was...

Quote:

XRP, as a digital token, is not in and of itself a "contract, transaction[,] or scheme" the embodies the Howey requirements of an investment contract.

ETA: IANAL, so maybe I am wrong.
will25u

Thread...

will25u
XRP the most traded cryptocurrency in the world!

21% of all crypto transactions were to/from XRP. BTC in second at 20%.

City Dumme
Buddy of mine who knows a ton about all this told me XRP will probably go to $100.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
You should ask him his timeline for that.
LatinAggie1997
AG
City Dumme said:

Buddy of mine who knows a ton about all this told me XRP will probably go to $100.

Yeah, not very likely. Not with a max supply of 100 billion. It would have the same market cap that all of crypto had at the peak of last cycle, or 8x the current market cap of BTC. Nope.
City Dumme
Ok I told him all that he said not sure about timeline but XRP just won a Supreme Court case and he GUARANTEED that XRP would at least 8x in the next bull run (at least), he said that is minimum he's talking way bigger. So probably time to rethink this one, he has made a ton of money with cryptocurrencies.
LatinAggie1997
AG
I personally don't like XRP and own zero, however I can see it hitting $6-$10 should everything go very well in the space.

*way too centralized for me and built to help traditional banking system which is the opposite of the founding crypto pillars.
LMCane
how many crypto bots have been created

to automatically populate every message board and social media in the world with how great crypto is?
La Bamba
AG
LatinAggie1997
AG
Nice green candles on my MILK and IAGON ...Milk with big news, hopefully it is setting up for that huge run I "hoped" about...

Adverse Event

LatinAggie1997
AG
Anybody get in on that MILK holder special yesterday -sale/release of OPT?
It went quickly. I believe 30 million tokens sold out in 25 minutes. There will only be a maximum total of 45 million tokens. The remaining 10 million to be dropped to MILK holders on 26th.
I don't see a lot of sell pressure with this one and if all goes to plan, it could be huge, hopefully anyway.
LatinAggie1997
AG
Update :

Received my OPT airdrpp today(1,800 tokens) for holding MILK...plus the $35 I spent Sun buying OPT tokens at the MILK holder discount, I now have almost 3,000 OPT tokens which I only invested $35 in and is now worth $850.

Yes, there might be a slight sell off from those that got in early like me (I'm not selling) but considering the function of the project and its tokenomics, I think this will be a winner. Finger crossed.

11:29am $1,066
8:36pm $1,123

I'll revisit this post during the peak.
Whirligigs
LMCane said:

how many crypto bots have been created

to automatically populate every message board and social media in the world with how great crypto is?

Just as many that state it sucks.
techno-ag
AG
The SEC asked Coinbase to stop trading everything but Bitcoin before they sued.
Quote:

The Securities and Exchange Commission asked Coinbase to halt trading in all cryptocurrencies other than bitcoin prior to suing the exchange, in a sign of the agency's intent to assert regulatory authority over a broader slice of the market.

Coinbase chief executive Brian Armstrong told the Financial Times that the SEC made the recommendation before launching legal action against the Nasdaq-listed company last month for failing to register as a broker.

https://www.ft.com/content/1f873dd5-df8f-4cfc-bb21-ef83ed11fb4d
MRB10
AG
If this doesn't illustrate why centralization is an issue, when it comes to ****coins, then I don't know what does…

p-townag
AG
https://www.reuters.com/markets/us/us-sec-does-not-plan-appeal-court-decision-grayscale-bitcoin-etf-source-2023-10-13/

Fightin2010
AG
Time to rev this thread up again…

https://decrypt.co/202862/blackrock-preps-for-bitcoin-etf-launch-with-amendment-showing-seed-fund-investor
TxAG#2011
Bull market initiated
XpressAg09
AG
Ron.Paul.Happening.gif

ETA; I miss the Hype Beast
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
TxAG#2011
Eth is a surefire bet.

Still Think ARB & SOL could be great plays this cycle.
LMCane
thinking about selling my BTC today with the price at $34K

anyone have an argument why it makes sense to hold?
barnag
LMCane said:

Because one day it will be a lot more than $34k
Diggity
AG
barnag said:

LMCane said:

Counterpoint.... Maybe not?

The buzz about the BTC ETF certainly drove up the market, but I would guess you could sell now, and find a better entry point down the road.

Just a thought.
p-townag
AG
Diggity said:

barnag said:

LMCane said:

Counterpoint.... Maybe not?

The buzz about the BTC ETF certainly drove up the market, but I would guess you could sell now, and find a better entry point down the road.

Just a thought.

Bitcoin is the best asset in the world. True absolute scarcity. Will continue to take market share from every other asset. ETFs to be approved. Halving coming up. Feel free to sell, but that seems extremely short sighted. If you're a day trader, that's one thing, but if you actually believe in what Bitcoin is, it would be crazy to sell now.
Diggity
AG
even if that's all true, it doesn't change the fact that there are typically good entry/exit points.

This run-up appears to be a great one. Now I haven't put my money where my mouth is....but I won't be shocked to see BTC down 20%+ over the next couple months.
First Page Last Page
Page 234 of 249

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.