Business & Investing
Sponsored by

AAPL

13,298 Views | 82 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BCOBQ98
Fairfield_Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My cost average is not great, $133.09 each. Not money I need for years so it's not bothering me too much but dang! I'm almost tempted to double up right now and lower my average by $6.00 a share. If I were to do that, it would drop another 8% tomorrow though.....what to do...
62strat
AG
Fairfield_Ag said:

My cost average is not great, $133.09 each. Not money I need for years so it's not bothering me too much but dang! I'm almost tempted to double up right now and lower my average by $6.00 a share. If I were to do that, it would drop another 8% tomorrow though.....what to do...
I've purchased aapl at $26, $35, $40, $115, $136, $143 and now another 200 shares today at $126.
All in, almost 600 shares in the last 4 years or so. Wish I didn't not buy between 2018 and 2020. Had a buy in 8/2017, then not again until 10/2020.

Great buy and hold stock.
Fairfield_Ag
AG
Needed reminding of that on a day like today, thanks.
PeekingDuck
AG
Q1
110 billion in revenue
30 billion in net income
40 billion in operating cash flow
Worst product revenue +17% yoy
"China" iPhone growth +57%
Broad shift to multiple revenue streams
Money matters and they make it, even while being shiny tech

AAPL will be fine
kyledr04
AG
AAPL has been complete garbage for a month but other than that it should be a good long term hold since they're one of the most successful companies in the world. But this month has a sucked.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
First green day (at least for now) in what feels like forever.

Do we think this is the first signs of recovery or it may fall again?

I put in a large buy right before close yesterday so I'm hoping it's the former.
Fairfield_Ag
AG
Either way, I think you made a great entry.
BCOBQ98
AG
Down ~6% over last few weeks and looking to be down more today. Thoughts on acquiring more during this dip? What's your buy in price....
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Well I took a look at my shares purchased 2/25 and they're up 19.85%.

It's down a bit but still having a damn good year. I think $140 looks like a great entry point.
62strat
AG
BCOBQ98 said:

Down ~6% over last few weeks and looking to be down more today. Thoughts on acquiring more during this dip? What's your buy in price....
every month should be your buy in price.
ToddyHill
AG
Quote:

every month should be your buy in price.
Could not agree more. I can only speak for myself. I don't trade AAPL, I invest in AAPL, and do so for the long term.

Here's an interesting article regarding AAPL, Warren Buffett, and Berkshire Hathaway....

AAPL

MyMamaSaid
AG
TLDR: Hold AAPL

So a little story about my best friend re: AAPL buy and hold.

We're big music fans and over the 2000 Christmas holidays starting talking about the awesomeness of Napster and the upcoming iTunes launch. We hypothesized that iTunes might be the next dominant form factor for music distribution (cassettes, CDs, etc).

My friend didn't say anything, but I would later learn he bought $5,000 worth of Apple in mid-January 2001. He hasn't bought or sold any more APPL since then. He has no intention of selling anytime soon. His holdings are now worth ~$2.2M.

62strat
AG
MyMamaSaid said:

TLDR: Hold AAPL

So a little story about my best friend re: AAPL buy and hold.

We're big music fans and over the 2000 Christmas holidays starting talking about the awesomeness of Napster and the upcoming iTunes launch. We hypothesized that iTunes might be the next dominant form factor for music distribution (cassettes, CDs, etc).

My friend didn't say anything, but I would later learn he bought $5,000 worth of Apple in mid-January 2001. He hasn't bought or sold any more APPL since then. He has no intention of selling anytime soon. His holdings are now worth ~$2.2M.

did he not reinvest dividends? Seems like it should me worth more.
BCOBQ98
AG
Down big again. Seems everybody is a buy and hold who then is selling?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.