Business & Investing
Sponsored by

AAPL

13,322 Views | 82 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BCOBQ98
tysker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yesterday several CNBC pundits kept talking about the split happening 'on Monday' without clarifying which Monday.
RightWingConspirator
AG
I believe you are issued your shares on the 24th, but the stock does not trade at the post split price until the close of the 31st. Issuing the shares Monday does not mean you have more just yet; it's probably more of a paperwork thing.
tendiesinvesties08

I think you're right
azul_rain
stupid to throw some of my savings at this ?
WoMD
hedge said:

stupid to throw some of my savings at this ?

Stupid to not throw all your savings at this, you mean?

Nope.
azul_rain
can you re word that im a little buzzed
Jet Black
Is the thinking apple will shoot up Monday morning post split?
azul_rain
thats what im gathering
Jet Black
hedge said:

thats what im gathering

Seems like a no brainer. That's what worries me.
azul_rain
why the worry ?
Jet Black
Just thought about making couple quick bucks at the open on Monday. Sometimes that doesn't always work out. I guess it doesn't really matter. It's apple so it's going to increase eventually.
azul_rain
im probably gonna throw 1k on it tomorrow or friday
agAngeldad
IF stock splits on Monday, will shares drop based on over inflating prior to the split?
tendiesinvesties08

If you bought shares today and they settle on Tuesday, do you receive split shares? I'm actually curious how that works.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
tendiesinvesties08 said:

If you bought shares today and they settle on Tuesday, do you receive split shares? I'm actually curious how that works.
What happens if I buy or sell shares on or after the Record Date and before the Ex Date?

If you sell shares on or after the Record Date (August 24, 2020) but before the Ex Date (August 31, 2020) you will be selling them at the pre-split price. At the time of the sale, you will surrender your pre-split shares and will no longer be entitled to the split shares. Following the split, the new owner of the shares will be entitled to the additional shares resulting from the stock split.

If you buy shares on or after the Record Date but before the Ex Date, you will purchase the shares at the pre-split price and will receive (or your brokerage account will be credited with) the shares purchased. Following the split, you will receive (or your brokerage account will be credited with) the additional shares resulting from the stock split.

https://investor.apple.com/faq/default.aspx
lobwedgephil
Just FYI, in every previous Apple split, the stock ran up like it has, and dropped 10% the next week. But who knows.
Jet Black
So you have to own the shares on the record date to get the split.
Jet Black
Dropped after the split?
lobwedgephil
Jet Black said:

Dropped after the split?
The typically drop the weeks after the split, but then have big years. So a minor blip overall.
azul_rain
Ok boys , should I throw 1k or 1.5k into the market today ? Or wait until after the split and hope the price drops ?
you may all go to hell and i will go to Texas
tamc1956ag
S
I dropped 20K THIS MORNING ON APPLE
azul_rain
Threw 1500, LETS ****ING GO
double aught
AG
Filled an order for more when it dipped to $121 today.
azul_rain
I'm bleeding money damnit
BCOBQ98
AG
Bought a little yesterday and thinking of buying more today. Yes it's down but I'm a long investor and over time it should only continue to go up. Thoughts? Wait?
azul_rain
Buy the dip
BCOBQ98
AG
That's what I'm doing
Pepper Brooks
AG
Odds we see 90s before the iPhone 12 announcement?
thirdcoast
AG
I'd say 50% it fills gap down to $96 this week or next. But if overall market turn maybe this rips up quick with everyone jumping in the safe haven and a mini squeeze on gap shorting.
BCOBQ98
AG
Almost back to the teens. Anyone buying this dip?
62strat
AG
BCOBQ98 said:

Almost back to the teens. Anyone buying this dip?
Today I threw $2500 at it in my play money acct and buying ~$35k tomorrow in my ira.
AggieAces06
AG
How low do we expect this to go? I'm thinking of picking up a few shares but don't want to jump in too soon.
Petrino1
I just picked up some more shares today. AAPL has been very good to me. I don't expect it to keep dropping. Buy the dip when you can.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Might throw my full $2k tax refund into AAPL if it keeps dipping. It's a no brainer if it hits the teens.
Carlo4
AG
Just playing around on my phone... apple had a H/S pattern break between December and mid Feb. It also broke a 1 year bull trend line pretty recently (going back from March 2020 lows).

I own 30 shares, but I can see this be the beginning of the nasdaq bubble burst 2.0 and see it go further down. Apple is king, but I'm looking forward to dips to load up on more shares.

Worst case, I see this going to the high 80s to match the late 2018 trend line... again looking at it on my phone as a rough guess.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.