Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Backpack Recommendations for the office

9,398 Views | 81 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Wizard
Furlock Bones
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
it's always interesting to see people's opinions these days. i used to think i needed to upgrade to a nice briefcase or something. but, then i started working with higher ups. going to board presentations, a couple of M&A meetings, major project proposals, and i see more and more using backpacks.
aka Sloan Kettering aka Lazlo Hollyfeld
The Wonderer
AG
Furlock Bones said:

it's always interesting to see people's opinions these days. i used to think i needed to upgrade to a nice briefcase or something. but, then i started working with higher ups. going to board presentations, a couple of M&A meetings, major project proposals, and i see more and more using backpacks.

Function over form is becoming the new norm.
BigPuma
AG
The Wonderer said:

Furlock Bones said:

yep. I just had to replace my swissgear backpack that I had literally FOREVER and some thug stole it. ****ers.
The Wonderer
AG
SoupNazi2001 said:

The Wonderer said:

Furlock Bones said:

It definitely is, many big corporate companies are now including jeans in business casual unless meeting with clients. Long overdue IMO.
I instituted this at my last office. Majority of my staff wasn't meeting clients, so why not be comfortable while they work? I wore jeans and usually had a sportcoat with a button down most days. I only wore a suit if meeting with outside counsel or my brokers or going to court. Hell, I was in a deposition this morning and four out of seven attorneys were in jeans. One was wearing an untucked henley shirt. In my new positions, I just wear slacks and a dress shirt with boots. If meeting with people, I toss on a jacket. Never wear a tie anymore.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
aggiedata said:

Premium said:

I've had everything from a Saddleback to the Sam's Club Swiss Gears that everyone has.

This is hands down the classiest, most efficient, comfortable and useful backpack I've ever seen or owned (for business):

eBags Professional Slim Laptop Backpack (Solid Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DU0PEA8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_NvqaAbKYHZPR0

I'm a super Amazon user and did tons of research before landing on it. It will not disappoint.
I'm done with messager bags after years of having one. I'm pulling the trigger on this. Thanks!
Recently got this backpack after searching online. Really like it as my everyday backpack. I'm thinking of getting the professional weekender that can keep a day or two of clothes to use while travelling. Most of my trips are 1-2 days at suppliers and it seems perfect for those.
SlackerAg
AG
MosesHallRAB04 said:

aggiedata said:

Premium said:

I've had everything from a Saddleback to the Sam's Club Swiss Gears that everyone has.

This is hands down the classiest, most efficient, comfortable and useful backpack I've ever seen or owned (for business):

eBags Professional Slim Laptop Backpack (Solid Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DU0PEA8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_NvqaAbKYHZPR0

I'm a super Amazon user and did tons of research before landing on it. It will not disappoint.
I'm done with messager bags after years of having one. I'm pulling the trigger on this. Thanks!
Recently got this backpack after searching online. Really like it as my everyday backpack. I'm thinking of getting the professional weekender that can keep a day or two of clothes to use while travelling. Most of my trips are 1-2 days at suppliers and it seems perfect for those.
Thanks for the recommendation, this is exactly what I'm looking for. I think I'll go with the smaller Professional Slim Junior one: https://www.amazon.com/eBags-Professional-Backpack-Heathered-Graphite/dp/B01JPEO84K/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8
The Wonderer
AG
BigPuma said:

The Wonderer said:

Furlock Bones said:

yep. I just had to replace my swissgear backpack that I had literally FOREVER and some thug stole it. ****ers.
I'm loving my 5.11 messenger bag. Ditched the old stuffy boxy leather briefcase when I move to my new company.
Diet Cokehead
AG
Get an Ogio....every bag they make just makes sense whether it is a golf bag, gym bag, suitcase or laptop bag.

I have used an Ogio Messenger bag for 10+years traveling on hundreds of trips and it's still going strong.

ChipFTAC01
AG
I carried a leather briefcase when I first got out of school as I was instructed to by my boss at the time. It was a nice bag that I might even go back to at some point in time. It did have the disadvantage of being somewhat open topped so it wasn't the best for throwing in an overhead bin.

I got a canvas messenger bag from Ernest Alexander as just a travel briefcase almost 5 years ago. I've never gone back to my old briefcase. I wouldn't use it if I was taking it to visit clients but it's great for going from the car to the office and back. I get lots of compliments on it. All of Ernest Alexander's bags are pretty great.
AgEng98
+1 for Tom Bihn. Really well made and great layout. Lusted aftet onr for years and the wife got me one for Christmas. I travel a lot and work in pretty nasty conditions at times. It still looks great.

I have a filson laptob bag i carried for years. Switched to a backpack and never regretted it.
Reload8098
AG
My wife bought a Briggs and Riley for me a couple years ago. Best briefcase I've ever had and it has a lifetime guarantee. It has wheels on it but you can attach it to your suitcase (see the twist handle in second picture) for easy towing. I love it.
Wizard
Our VP walked in with an Osprey satchel/messenger bag type thing this morning

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.