Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,961,237 Views | 231517 Replies | Last: 15 min ago by AgShaun00
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Now would be a great time for a rally on all semiconductors...

22 SMCI, 25 NVDA, and $31k on SOXQ across all portfolios.
EnronAg
AG
M4 Benelli said:

Australia to begin taxing unrealized gains next year smfh. Give up your guns, give up your poop chutes.
coming to an Amerika near you!!!
South Platte
SLV and PLTM having decent days. HA, surely we are close to the bottom on PALL as well?
El Chupacabra
El_duderino said:

Also a bit early being Thursday, but big earnings next week with 4 of the Mag7 reporting

MSFT and AMD
Heineken-Ashi
South Platte said:

SLV and PLTM having decent days. HA, surely we are close to the bottom on PALL as well?
I really can't say. There been periods where Palladium has outperformed silver, but I just don'tr have a clear grasp of it. Would like to see it hold recent lows, but I'm going to stick with gold, silver, and to a lesser degree, platinum, until I have reason to believe Palladium will be more bullish.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
El_duderino
COST pulling back to the weekly 21ma for a good entry price. Needs to hold $800 though. Below that the next support is $775
Heineken-Ashi
MSFT says bear down

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
Heineken-Ashi
NVDA, SMCI, PLTR, AMD moving down too.

backintexas2013
AG
Just walked out of an all day meeting. Wtf happened after close
confucius_ag
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

Come to papa.
"Me not know, me not tell, me push button and run like hell."
Heineken-Ashi
CRWD moving low AH

Heineken-Ashi
AMD should report soon

El_duderino
MSFT beats, revenue up 15% yoy, and tanks from azure cloud revenue missing by .6%

SBUX misses and stock goes up
jamey
AG
Tempted to get some MSFT AH at $390
El_duderino
Looks like POWL beat watching the ticker
ProgN
jamey said:

Tempted to get some MSFT AH at $390
That's a great entry point and you won't regret it. You'll just have to weather this short term storm.
txaggie_08
AG
El_duderino said:

Looks like POWL beat watching the ticker

Up 12.5% so far
El Chupacabra
confucius_ag said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

Come to papa.
well you had about 10 seconds to buy on the dip(s)
El_duderino
AMD beat with fantastic data center revenue setting a record for them and up 5 points as of now
AgCPA95
AG
$POWL

Analyst were looking for EPS of $2.16 for the quarter and they dropped $3.79

Third Quarter Key Financial Highlights:
  • Revenues totaled $288 million, an increase of 50%;
  • Gross profit of $82 million, or 28.4% of revenue;
  • Net income of $46 million, or $3.79 per diluted share;
  • New orders(1) totaled $356 million, spread broadly across our key end markets;
  • Backlog(2) as of June 30, 2024 remained at $1.3 billion;
  • Cash and short-term investments as of June 30, 2024 totaled $374 million.
Heineken-Ashi
PINS got murdered. I almost bought puts, but could see a case where it got one more high. Missed out on that one.

Heineken-Ashi
CZR up initially after swinging to a net loss on declining revue. Makes sense. Sentiment is wild.

txaggie_08
AG
AgCPA95 said:

$POWL

Analyst were looking for EPS of $2.16 for the quarter and they dropped $3.79
Spoony Love
AG
SBUX was a slight miss compared to the last earnings. This could get back to $90 quick.
South Platte
Prog loading up his wheelbarrow . . .
Heineken-Ashi
NVDA prints $100 after hours and is back to $105. While the intraday bottom felt good, this one feels better for a significant bounce. AMD good earnings should help ease fears for a little while.

FOMC tomorrow. Expectation is "inflation continues to cool. There might be rate cuts coming. But we want to see a little more data before we do". Market is fully baked in 25bps in September and another 50bps by year end. If there's any hint at more than that, market could rip to its previous high or one more high over the next month.

M4 Benelli
South Platte said:

Bless this man and his bad ass stock picks.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
SOXQ minute candle...
CC09LawAg
If they announce a split on their earnings call, he's going to need a bulldozer.
EliteZags
AG
Brewmaster
AG
M4 Benelli said:

South Platte said:

Bless this man and his bad ass stock picks.
Amen! found Prog and HA in one image... and wow, SMCI up AH

CC09LawAg
Anyone going to roll the dice on covered calls with POWL for the August expiration? I think if there's any interest selling at 210 or 220 I may consider it.

I expect there will be increased volume. Last time it chopped for a bit until dividend payout, wondering if it'll do the same thing this time.
ProgN
Quote:

Third Quarter Fiscal 2024 Results

Revenues totaled $288.2 million, an increase of 50% compared to $192.4 million in the prior period, and an increase of 13% compared to $255.1 million in the second quarter of fiscal 2024. The increase compared to the prior period was primarily driven by strong growth in the Oil and Gas sector, which grew by 56% to $114.3 million, as well as by the Petrochemical sector, which grew 158% to $56.8 million. Revenues from the Electric Utility sector totaled $57.0 million, an increase of 30%, while revenues within the Commercial and Other Industrial sector increased 18% to $42.0 million.

Gross profit increased 92% to $81.7 million, or 28.4% of revenue, compared to $42.7 million, or 22.2% of revenue, in the prior period and compared to $62.7 million, or 24.6% of revenue, in the second quarter of fiscal 2024. The increase in gross margin was driven by the higher volume levels across all of Powell's manufacturing facilities generating favorable volume leverage, strong project execution, and continuing efforts to improve factory efficiencies while also managing product pricing that corresponds to current cost levels.

New orders totaled $356 million compared to $505 million in the prior period and compared to $235 million in the second quarter of fiscal 2024. The year-over-year decline was the result of two greenfield LNG projects on the Gulf Coast that combined for roughly $200 million that were awarded in the third quarter of fiscal 2023.

Backlog totaled $1.3 billion as of June 30, 2024, which was essentially unchanged when compared to backlog as of March 31, 2024, as well as backlog as of June 30, 2023.

Net income was $46.2 million, or $3.79 per diluted share, compared to $18.5 million, or $1.52 per diluted share in the prior period and compared to $33.5 million, or $2.75 per diluted share, in the second quarter of fiscal 2024.

Cope added, "We remain very confident in the composition of our current backlog, the near- and medium-term outlook for our key end markets as well as our strong financial position. We have increased our investments to create incremental capacity, which includes both recently completed and newly announced facility expansions. In the beginning of July, we acquired nine acres of property near our Houston headquarters location to help further facilitate the execution of our current backlog as well as planning for modest volume growth looking forward. Altogether, we continue to expect a favorable operating environment for Powell as we focus on successfully delivering the projects in backlog to our customers and advancing our strategy."

OUTLOOK

Commenting on the Company's outlook, Michael Metcalf, Powell's Chief Financial Officer, said, "Looking forward, we remain encouraged with where Powell is positioned as we enter the last quarter of fiscal 2024. Commercial activity remains strong, providing a tailwind as we close out the year and prepare for fiscal 2025. Operationally, we continue to make improvements necessary to execute our backlog, while also progressing our plans to thoughtfully expand our capabilities. Notwithstanding the typical challenges associated with a projects-based business, based upon the quality of our backlog and our liquidity position, we believe that we are well-positioned to sustain our year-to-date financial performance through the fourth quarter, while providing a strong entry point as we look forward to fiscal 2025."

They crushed expectations and forward guidance is also strong, now split the f'ing stock you dumbasses! If they'd have declared a split today on that report it would've dropped the shorts into a woodchipper nuts first. With their small float and a short interest near 19%, this stock would be over $200/shr AH right f'ing now!. I'm not *****ing but damn they missed a golden opportunity to send it into orbit. They should've split and they need to split.

Congrats family
Heineken-Ashi
CC09LawAg said:

Anyone going to roll the dice on covered calls with POWL for the August expiration? I think if there's any interest selling at 210 or 220 I may consider it.

I expect there will be increased volume. Last time it chopped for a bit until dividend payout, wondering if it'll do the same thing this time.
I'm not a fan of where it's sitting, though it's still early. I really need it through $275 to feel good about new highs. I've got a chunky ich cloud up to that point and it's sitting at the daily mid Keltner band. Hard to imagine it dropping to new lows after that earnings, but with FOMC, stranger things have happened.

What I would do is throw a stop on at $145 now, as below that, and the shine wears off.

If you are going to sell covered calls that high, you don't do it in this range no matter the IV, as prices will likely be higher once you get up there. So either do it then, or just sell your shares at signs of next top. I don't see the point in risking losing your shares after a huge beat for any amount of short term income. You either believe in this one at this point or you don't. That's just my opinion.

CC09LawAg
Thank you not only for the recommendation but for checking in and keeping tabs and answering questions.

I will make some money off of this but in the 2 1/2 months I started watching and following this play I have learned a million lessons. I should've made a boat load of money but I'm going to be happy with the gains I did get and the knowledge gained.
First Page Last Page
Page 6543 of 6615

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.