Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,960,098 Views | 231507 Replies | Last: 4 min ago by I bleed maroon
El_duderino
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BP second quarter profit beats expectations and they raise dividend by 10%
valvemonkey91
AG
M4 Benelli said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Show me yours and I'll show you mine.

SMCI: 19 shares, $773.22 cost/share.

Not a crazy amount, but certainly the most I've ever had in it. I'm sure it pales in comparison to what other folks have...

I'll play
POWL- 300 shares at 146 (bought my first load when was still teetering off 160.
SMCI- 15 shares at 726

I'll DCA down or cash out fat depending on which direction we go. I'm trying to visit Valhalla.

Here
From advice from this board

POWL 60 shares at $160.73
SMCI 15 shares at $769.11

I'm DCA down as well. Plan to buy 100 MORE shares of both

valvemonkey91
AG
Also, I know TESLA has been analyzed six ways from Sunday here. I saw this posted and completely agree with this.

"I will build a motor car for the great multitude… so low in price that no man making a good salary will be unable to own one…"
- Henry Ford (1913)

"A computer on every desk and in every home running Microsoft Software"
- Bill Gates (1980)

"In a few years, people will be spending more time interacting with personal computers…"
-Steve Jobs (1989)

"We are going to solve full self driving…"
"There will be 3 times as many robots than humans…"
-Elon Musk (2024)

Better buy Tesla stock for your long term portfolio.
GKrebs17
AG
deddog said:

EliteZags said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

GKrebs17 said:

Thoughts on ETSY?
A company that caters to stay at home moms and craft makers, at a time when disposable income is shrinking and retail around the country is reporting lower sales and guiding lower for the rest of the year.

very gentle way of saying 'company that's worthless to society'
I use it for gifts all the time.
But would never invest in it. They are just the platform, don't have their own products.

Also, inb4

They are starting to move away from their original model of crafts and homemade gift opening the doors to major retailers which I think is a mistake.
Brewmaster
AG
TSLA will be bigger than robots. Their work in batteries is going to have far reaching applications (housing and city power grids). Honestly the sky is the limit for Tesla. If he created a phone, half of X would buy it tomorrow. It's P/E is quite high though, so hard for me to tell everyone buy, buy, buy!
StarLink at some point may go public, something to keep an eye on. A far more affordable infrastructure for high speed internet (than what our current regime wants).
LMCane
Brewmaster said:

TSLA will be bigger than robots. Their work in batteries is going to have far reaching applications (housing and city power grids). Honestly the sky is the limit for Tesla. If he created a phone, half of X would buy it tomorrow. It's P/E is quite high though, so hard for me to tell everyone buy, buy, buy!
StarLink at some point may go public, something to keep an eye on. A far more affordable infrastructure for high speed internet (than what our current regime wants).
what about SpaceX?
Heineken-Ashi
Fireworks tomorrow for FED day. Expecting mostly range bound today
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
I bleed maroon
AG
Brewmaster said:

Careful - don't conflate Elon Musk with Tesla. Starlink, X (Twitter) and SpaceX are not part of Tesla. Elon's holdings are mostly independent entities, although he seems to forget that on occasion. Other than the battery work you mention, TSLA shareholders would not directly benefit from anything else you listed. Here's a graphic that might be helpful:

https://www.madisontrust.com/information-center/visualizations/everything-elon-musk-owns/
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Added 1 more SMCI.

20 @ 768.84
hedge
What's with the market lately?
I bleed maroon
AG
hedge said:

What's with the market lately?
Like with any relationship, it has its' ups and downs. HTH.
GreasenUSA
AG
Market is acting like a normal market for once, instead of the top 5% of rabid bull markets of all time.
BlueTaze
BlueTaze said:

Some relative strength with LUMN, they are one toothless AI press release away from a short squeeze. Possible fake breakdown, if $1.25 holds. Possible macro shift away from Mag 7.

Quote:

Chair and CEO Wendell P. Weeks said, "The outperformance was driven primarily by the strong adoption of our new optical connectivity products for generative AI, which drove record sales in the Enterprise portion of our Optical Communications business. The opportunity is only growing; in fact, in the third quarter, we reached an agreement with Lumen Technologies Inc (NYSE:LUMN) that uses our new gen-AI fiber and cable system to facilitate Lumen's build of a new network to interconnect AI-enabled data centers."

https://www.benzinga.com/news/earnings/24/07/40041518/corning-stock-drops-after-q3-guidance-miss-ceo-highlights-new-optical-connectivity-products-for-gen
El Chupacabra
Picked up a few more KSS, SMCI (1 whole share), little more POWL, and ADM order for 60.50 hit. Also looks like my PFE, BMY, and a couple more CRWD hit.
EnronAg
AG
you think I can squeeze another buck outta LUMN before dumping???
WoMD
EnronAg said:

you think I can squeeze another buck outta LUMN before dumping???

I sold at close yesterday, so the sky is the limit.
EnronAg
AG
thank you for your service
Heineken-Ashi
NVDA double bottom. I was stopped out this morning for tiny loss. Stick save here and $120+ can still happen.

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
South Platte
SMCI and NVDA continue their Super G descent. I see you all picking up a few shares to DCA to lower your basis, but is anybody loading the truck down here? I'm holding a ton of cash, but this seems like falling knife territory.
CC09LawAg
Take it from a dummy like myself - if you're asking this question, you know the answer.
plowe32
AG
Who has the IP on humanoids? Maybe my bad eye missed it on that graphic (which was very helpful by the way).
Brewmaster
AG
Nice graphic, fair point. I was more pointing out that whatever Musk touches, turns to gold. Not advice to buy TSLA here for a long term hold. Could it go to 300 short term, possibly. Will it and much of big tech correct lower at some point, probably.
jamey
AG
South Platte said:

I'm holding a ton of cash, but this seems like falling knife territory.

I call it, DCA in 2 minute increments
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I just keep buying SMCI 1-2 shares at a time when it falls below between 670-690.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Added 1 more SMCI.

20 @ 768.84
21, 764
Heineken-Ashi
MARA - broke below the wedge.

Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I'm about to buy calls for friday
Chef Elko
AG
CleanSpark CEO going on Bloomberg here in a few mins
rsf0626
Nvda is murdering me rn
Number Monkey
AG
Same! I'm still way up since my initial purchase, but am tempted to buy more INCREASING my basis. Never done that before. I don't see myself selling the shares anytime soon unless the sky falls. Anyone have any thoughts on that?
hedge
Yay, losing money again
Talon2DSO
AG
Nvda
Powl
PLTR

All kicking my ass today.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Rotated some BRK.B into QQQM and SOXQ.
Heineken-Ashi
That might be a bottom, at least short term, on NVDA. Unfortunately, due to the pattern, we won't know if it was a bottom unless it's back above $137.35.

So we're in a pickle where this can either..

A. Continue lower
B. Bounce back up between $115 and $125 and then start a new move to even lower lows.
C. Form a bullish pattern pointing to potential new highs.
D. Chop for weeks up to previous high and then puke.
E. Chop around between here and $115.

Times like this, I just move on to something else. There's no clear path. If we start to see a clearly bullish pattern, I will jump in again with defined stop. If not, I just wait for clariy.

M4 Benelli
Australia to begin taxing unrealized gains next year smfh. Give up your guns, give up your poop chutes.
First Page Last Page
Page 6542 of 6615

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.