Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,960,023 Views | 231506 Replies | Last: 5 min ago by Happygilmore20
Heineken-Ashi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
El_duderino said:

I'm seeing .99 ratio for August monthly and the drops to .7 for September monthly with traders likely expecting a push up with earnings.

SMCI skewed around 1.2 with heavy put resistance at $800, but if it can push through that it's off to the races. Looking at August 9 weekly right after earnings, it's less than 1 and biggest volume at $850 & $1000 call strikes. That $1000 strike is the largest call volume across several expiries.
That $1k doesn't have much volume, just a lot of open interest. Likely obtained when price was higher. Something to watch that. That's my upper target should the bottom hold.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
Heineken-Ashi
SMCI hourly crossover is in. Let's get some continuation and rippy.

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
El_duderino
Thanks for pointing that out. That's what I meant, but mistakenly wrote volume. Edited my post to fix it
Heineken-Ashi
Today so far

I bleed maroon
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

Today so far

In honor of the Paris Olympic games starting, I'll have to say:

Au contraire, mon frere.

Any day with 1%+ market gains is a big win in my book. Annualize it, and we're up over 200%!
ProgN
I bleed maroon said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

Today so far

Au contraire, mon frere.

Any day with 1%+ market gains is a big win in my book. Annualize it, and we're up over 200%!
I bleed maroon
AG
ProgN said:

I bleed maroon said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

Today so far

Au contraire, mon frere.

I thought the exact same thing, as soon as I hit "enter". And then, the swoon...

Sorry - no more assuming intraday returns equal daily performance from me.
Heineken-Ashi

ProgN
I meant to put the laughing emoji up but I'd like to thank you for your impeccable timing that gave me the perfect opportunity to use one of my favorite gifs.

Gracias
nortex97
AG
I bought a couple DXCM $85 calls just because I think the 40 percent drop today is a bit of an over-reaction. Some folks still have a target out there over $135 etc.

Edit: November calls.
Heineken-Ashi
What I'm trying to do with SMCI today - running out of time. Don't want to hold into the weekend but might have no choice.

I bleed maroon
AG
nortex97 said:

I bought a couple DXCM $85 calls just because I think the 40 percent drop today is a bit of an over-reaction. Some folks still have a target out there over $135 etc.

Edit: November calls.
I bought the shares via a buy/write. We'll see how it goes...
EliteZags
AG
so hard to find red that I'm tempted to add to GOOG
Heineken-Ashi
Rooting for a Friday power hour on a non options expiration, non end of month, non FOMC week is usually fruitless, but here I am. Can one yall go kick the algo machine?

El_duderino
Heineken-Ashi
Ripe for a rip into close. Let's see if they can pull it off.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brewmaster
AG
feels like a bull trap. I don't think the pain is over.

Chef Elko
AG
Who the hell goes out two years?
ProgN
No one has a crystal ball and never sure things when it comes to the market, but POWL has built a f'ing launchpad and primed for a big move. I have zero doubt that they'll beat expectations. My only stress is if they beat expectations by enough, but I'm not selling a share and I've bought a significant position in it. I'll either get castrated if I'm wrong, or I'll be the Southpark nuts in a wheelbarrow guy at HEB.
Chef Elko
AG
I'm riding the 8/9 $1000C. Let's go!
Heineken-Ashi
Unless we get a crazy end, no rippy. Hanging on to SMCI through the weekend.

Heineken-Ashi
Bought HUT.

Now own CORZ, CLSK, RIOT, HUT, BTBT, and MARA. Ready for the BTC bull.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'll take that.
Twisted Helix
You've about got me convinced, probably going to take a position on Monday.
1/24 earnings beat took off like a rocket, 4/24 beat not so much. Does that trouble you at all?
I bleed maroon
AG
ProgN said:

I meant to put the laughing emoji up but I'd like to thank you for your impeccable timing that gave me the perfect opportunity to use one of my favorite gifs.

Gracias

Whew - it worked out OK. Up over 1% across the board for all major indexes (and more importantly, in my account).

EliteZags
AG
shot up like 40% within May

let's ride
ProgN
Twisted Helix said:

You've about got me convinced, probably going to take a position on Monday.
1/24 earnings beat took off like a rocket, 4/24 beat not so much. Does that trouble you at all?
No, and I'm not selling a share, their PE and forward PE is ridiculously too low for their rate of growth. I'm not worried about the number, it's their extremely small float. That's why they have such violent moves in stock price and it can scare newer investors/traders because they don't understand why that move is happening. They just haven't learned to look deeper and see it, they let emotion take the wheel and that's a costly mistake.
Chef Elko
AG
Alright alright, you guys convinced me. I'll add more POWL shares. Tailwinds from multiple industries with O&G and grid buildout, I'll take it!
ProgN
I bleed maroon said:

ProgN said:

Gracias

Whew - it worked out OK. Up over 1% across the board for all major indexes (and more importantly, in my account).

I love it when someone talks **** after it's over, but had his ass clinched just a couple hours ago.

I wasn't rooting against you, because how many shares of POWL and SMCI I'm holding.

It was funny af though that 2 minutes after your post the first big red candle started. You couldn't have picked the high of the day any better if you tried.
I bleed maroon
AG
ProgN said:

I bleed maroon said:

ProgN said:

Gracias

I love it when someone talks **** after it's over, but had his ass clinched just a couple hours ago.

I wasn't rooting against you, because how many shares of POWL and SMCI I'm holding.

It was funny af though that 2 minutes after your post the first big red candle started. You couldn't have picked the high of the day any better if you tried.
Totally agree. The timing was impeccable! I'll layer on some puts before I post something like that next time!

[edit] I actually had a vertical call spread order on POWL today. It didn't execute. It was selling the SEP20 $150 Calls, and buying the SEP20 $180 calls. I liked the concept. Critiques?
ProgN
I bleed maroon said:

ProgN said:

I bleed maroon said:

ProgN said:

Gracias

Totally agree. The timing was impeccable! I'll layer on some puts before I post something like that next time!
Orrrrr, just hear me out, maybe keep some posts to yourself so you put your friends in harm's way.
I bleed maroon
AG
ProgN said:

I bleed maroon said:

ProgN said:

I bleed maroon said:

ProgN said:

Gracias

Orrrrr, just hear me out, maybe keep some posts to yourself so you put your friends in harm's way.
I wish I really had that kind of power!

See my edit above - thoughts on the proposed POWL trade?

I really like your blend of fundamental analysis and entry/exit trade timing, BUT have really never followed you on a trade. The one time I acted was when you initially recommended SMCI, the price popped soon after, so I bought puts thinking that initial move was THE move. It wasn't, and my puts expired worthless. Keep the ideas coming - one day I'll jump onboard.
Brewmaster
AG
Chef Elko said:

Alright alright, you guys convinced me. I'll add more POWL shares. Tailwinds from multiple industries with O&G and grid buildout, I'll take it!
Same. I added today too
ProgN
I don't like opining on options because I've seen too many new people over the years blowup their accounts and give up because they really didn't even know what they really are and inexperienced. Instead, they lost real money because they put blind faith in a newsletter, subscription, service, etc. so they paid for this advice and assumed they can't lose. I don't want that for anyone in here to go through that.

Aside from that, I won't be surprised if POWL is north of $150 Monday or Tuesday before they report. If they hit the ball out of the park like they have been, then it has the potential to takeout it's ATH of $209 and breaks out. If I'm wrong, they will spike lower hard, but won't be down for long because of their PE ratio to growth rate with zero debt. I'm betting on myself and put my money behind my conviction and rec on this board.
First Page Last Page
Page 6538 of 6615

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.