Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,972,009 Views | 231555 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
bhanacik
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
buying HNST here at 2.88 with stop at 2.35

First target will be 3.00 and then hopefully the way back up to 5.00

I've had some alerts on this one for a while and I'm hoping it starts working it's way back up the cup, which can be seen on the weekly.
bhanacik
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Got my eyes on more SMCI at $800...
yeah, I have an alert set just under 800. Might go ahead and put in an after-hours limit order
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Still nibbling at TNA every time it falls below $35. Seems to be fairly strong support there for the time being.
bhanacik
AG
put in a limit order for more shares of POWL just over $148 - will probably pull some off the table if when we see 160 again

saw the following bullish option news mentioned in tos:

For POWL (NASDAQ:POWL), we notice a call option trade that happens to be bullish, expiring in 185 day(s) on December 20, 2024. This event was a transfer of 10 contract(s) at a $160.00 strike. The total cost received by the writing party (or parties) was $35.8K, with a price of $3585.0 per contract. There were 61 open contracts at this strike prior to today, and today 1 contract(s) were bought and sold.
bhanacik
AG
just executed on POWL
sts7049
AG
that doesn't really seem all that significant to me
M4 Benelli
bhanacik said:

just executed on POWL

Same, got 200 shares of this bad boy. It's approaching pre earnings level, and we're a little over one month away from the next round.

Valhalla baby
ProgN
I have a feeling $MU tanks after they report tonight.
sts7049
AG
the options are juiced for sure on that idea
flashplayer
AG
sts7049 said:

the options are juiced for sure on that idea

Anyone know how often the juice is wrong?
ProgN
When you try to sneak out the next morning without awakening her.
bhanacik
AG
bhanacik said:

buying HNST here at 2.88 with stop at 2.35

First target will be 3.00 and then hopefully the way back up to 5.00

I've had some alerts on this one for a while and I'm hoping it starts working it's way back up the cup, which can be seen on the weekly.
trimmed at 3.00; next level up to evaluate for me is 4.75
El_duderino
Like clockwork. Correct again. Lowered guidance for Q4

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Y'all think QQQ sees $400 again this year?
ProgN
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Y'all think QQQ sees $400 again this year?
I can see $400-420
aggiebrad16
AG
I've been on an Energy Transfer kick lately ever since they aquired my Crestwood Equities. Anyone one else bullish ET?
giddings_ag_06
AG
Been acquiring shares since '22 and have had a pretty nice return. Very good company. One of my biggest holdings currently.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
K-1s
Talon2DSO
AG
giddings_ag_06 said:

Been acquiring shares since '22 and have had a pretty nice return. Very good company. One of my biggest holdings currently.

Same here. I like their dividend too. Very stable.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Let's see if TNA can finally break 37,
harge57
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Let's see if TNA can finally break 37,

Never underestimate T&A.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
aggiebrad16
AG
Us Fayette and Lee County ags can shake on that
ProgN
I'm not musically gifted at all, but for those in here that are, I think that you'll enjoy this video.

CC09LawAg
Looks like you had this right - where we going? Seems like $120ish is a real possibility at this point.
ProgN
CC09LawAg said:

Looks like you had this right - where we going? Seems like $120ish is a real possibility at this point.
I plan on redeploying cash into POWL in the $123 range, then if the market does have a selloff and it gets near $100, I'll be buy a boatload more. I'm pretty confident it will print $123, I'm just hoping for the chance at $100.
CC09LawAg
Thanks. I am learning my lesson on stop losses the hard way - kept waiting on a bounce but I think I will trim some and use that to buy back in when it dips and just hold the rest for the long haul.

ETA: Think I will sell covered calls on what I have remaining for the 7/19 date to hedge if it continues to decline. If it starts to bounce significantly, I'll buy them back.
txaggie_08
AG
CC09LawAg said:

Thanks. I am learning my lesson on stop losses the hard way - kept waiting on a bounce but I think I will trim some and use that to buy back in when it dips and just hold the rest for the long haul.

ETA: Think I will sell covered calls on what I have remaining for the 7/19 date to hedge if it continues to decline. If it starts to bounce significantly, I'll buy them back.

You've got a 30 day wash sale rule to watch out for. When are next earnings?
South Platte
FSLY. I believe this may apply to some of us . . . class action lawsuit.

https://wgno.com/business/press-releases/accesswire/881940/shareholder-alert-pomerantz-law-firm-reminds-shareholders-with-losses-on-their-investment-in-fastly-inc-of-class-action-lawsuit-and-upcoming-deadlines-fsly/
ProgN
For those that have a primary watchlist, I'd add $VRT to that list. I'm not buying it here, but it will give you time to follow it's pattern and time to do your own DD to decide if it's something you like too.
CC09LawAg
Can you explain the wash rule to me? I see that indicator on some stocks in my portfolio.

Earnings in 40 days.
ProgN
CC09LawAg said:

Can you explain the wash rule to me? I see that indicator on some stocks in my portfolio.

Earnings in 40 days.
If you sell a stock at a loss, then you can't buy it back until 31 days have passed, or you lose the tax loss provision to offset your gains. Google it or if you're on Schwab/Etrade/etc. Type "Wash Sale" in the search bar.
CC09LawAg
I guess the name says it all now that I think about it - that is in place so I don't sell Stock A for a $20000 loss today and then just rebuy it the next day and ride it up I guess?
cgh1999
AG
ProgN said:

For those that have a primary watchlist, I'd add $VRT to that list. I'm not buying it here, but it will give you time to follow its pattern and time to do your own DD to decide if it's something you like too.

I've been trading options in this one for a few months. Selling covered calls on the way up and buying back on dips. Plus pure calls and puts in the range. Adding shares as well in the 80's.
AgEng06
AG
CC09LawAg said:

I guess the name says it all now that I think about it - that is in place so I don't sell Stock A for a $20000 loss today and then just rebuy it the next day and ride it up I guess?
You can still do that, you just can't claim the loss on your taxes at the end of the year.
First Page Last Page
Page 6505 of 6616

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.