Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,974,396 Views | 231555 Replies | Last: 10 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Fingers crossed for a TNA blastoff.
Here we go...
SoTXAg09
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Here we go...

TNA sounds like Prog's music.
sts7049
AG
market chugged a bunch of green power juice this weekend
McInnis 03
AG
Love a good "buy anything and win day (not you Zoom)"
bmoochie
AG
AMD finally engaged. Now to decide if I should hold through the night or take the win now.
Heineken-Ashi
Reminder.. this week is VIX opex AND quad witching. Running up into it. I'm on high alert here for significant shenanigans.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
Heineken-Ashi
Love a good V shape. USO is looking good. Give me a little micro dip over the next couple of days to complete the right reverse shoulder and then lets rocket oil stocks.

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

Gonna try a BBY long here on a UBS upgrade news.
Holding the 34-50 10min emas and price is back to where I got in. Lets see if we can get a little runup.
Trying to get me a double up on a monday. Come on BBY, announce a TV sale or something, QUICK!
DOUBLE UP! FREEBIE RUNNER, LFG!
3x on the runner, wtf is going on today?
spud1910
AG
One runner for me. Probably close by end of the day.
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

Gonna try a BBY long here on a UBS upgrade news.
Holding the 34-50 10min emas and price is back to where I got in. Lets see if we can get a little runup.
Trying to get me a double up on a monday. Come on BBY, announce a TV sale or something, QUICK!
DOUBLE UP! FREEBIE RUNNER, LFG!
3x on the runner, wtf is going on today?

The rules say hold but I just closed as the high sale of the day 4x+

We are all dying tonight I think because something ain't right lol
bmoochie
AG
I have a stop set that probably will hit momentarily if we don't change directions so profitable trade. I will take it.
McInnis 03
AG
Behavior changed right after I hit sell. There is no way I make it home safely today.
bmoochie
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Behavior changed right after I hit sell. There is no way I make it home safely today.
Maybe one of you is a market maker?!
McInnis 03
AG
We make the market for everyone else, that's for sure.
El Chupacabra
Is INTC just no longer keeping up with the times? INTC at 30 seems like it's a good buy.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Here we go...
Nice little run today but still have a ton of room to run.

Not even close to its model T retrace from the Jun 12 top. (~$37)
flashplayer
AG
INTC - I held them for a while earlier this year until I realized it is hot garbage compared to all of its competitors and their foundry aspirations are a mess right now. I dumped it back when it was in the $40s and wouldn't touch it with a 10' pole even now, but that's just me. Too many winners out there in the same space to waste money on what has been a loser to date with no impending catalyst to help it compete.
Chef Elko
AG
They must have cried foul for all that sweet gubmint money
flashplayer
AG
Yeah our government has rarely been great at picking good investments. But what they're getting is only a drop in the bucket for what they would need to make their foundry profitable, so it stands to reason why that never moved the needle for INTC stock after that announcement.
tailgatetimer10
AG
they are doing a lot of work in the foundry business these days, itll be interesting how they pivot in the near term.
ravingfans
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Aggie Class of 2026 said:

GreasenUSA said:

Anyone invested in Mercedes? MBGAF
Looks solid. I haven't... yet, but have considered it.

Solid in that it's at the same price as it was in 1996?
would this make for a good long term investment?

All 03 of me are being dead serious here.

Just follow this and thank me in 30 years.

Others who are older, an idea for your kids.

Can anybody on here tell my current self what my 85+ year old self would desperately love to tell me?
MAS444
AG
Can't take it with you?
Cru
S
Should have hit it and quit it?
flashplayer
AG
Avoid the clap. - Jimmy Dugan
Heineken-Ashi
McInnis 03 said:

GreasenUSA said:

Anyone invested in Mercedes? MBGAF
Looks solid. I haven't... yet, but have considered it.

Solid in that it's at the same price as it was in 1996?
would this make for a good long term investment?

All 03 of me are being dead serious here.

Just follow this and thank me in 30 years.

Others who are older, an idea for your kids.

Going to comment on this, as I've spoken multiple times about this in the past months.

In my opinion, one formed from lots of reading and studying of history and economics, the decades moving forward will not be like the decades that got us here. The main driver is that we will never again see a sustained 0% interest rate environment in history, so the nearly 15 years leading to where we are today should be completely ignored when looking toward what things might look like moving forward. Going back farther, the ENTIRE economy since the end of WWII was stimulated through Keynesian fiscal deficits and an ever expanding debt leveraged system. While it kicked into higher gear following 2008, and highest gear following 2020, we are near or at the end of a cycle that started from the bottom of the Great Depression.

While this cycle was very good for America, and worked very well to make us the superpower we are, we got extremely reckless the gas peddle. That peddle has now broken off and we are speeding towards a cliff.

Those who have studied economic supercycles are aware that they can extend far beyond what might seem logical. And we have certainly seen that for a long time now. How many times do you hear people discount opinions of far smarter people who have attempted to call a top or attempted to warn about the perils of our fiscal situation? More than you can count. The problem isn't that those people are wrong. It's that they are among the few who understand how cycles work and can see the writing on the wall but make the unfortunately common mistake of thinking that "because there is an end, it must be now". That they haven't been right, yet, might suck if they adopted an investing strategy based on their perceived timing. But it doesn't mean they were wrong in their ultimate conclusion. It actually means that the situation has continued to deteriorate at an increasing pace as anyone who could even make a dent in the problem has ignored the coming storm and likely facilitated the storm strengthening.

The only way for the strategy in your post to come true would be if this situation extends another 20 years. And I'm sorry, but I just don't see a way that's possible. We are already at a place where the FED doing anything is going to break something. We didn't get here because they've been great at their job. We got here because they've failed continually for decades and kicked the can so far down the road that the only solution is hope and pray. We are in for a very long period of pain. Not just in this country. But probably throughout the entire world.

And because our situation involves a global money supply so inflated that if everyone wanted to realize their values on a screen, everyone would get 10 cents to the dollar, the period moving forward (again, likely a long sustained period) is going to inevitably lead to a complete unwinding of the majority of the value of the debt. 10 years, 20 years.. who knows. But as the world comes to grips with the fact that nothing on paper is actually real, valuations will slowly but surely start to reflect the reality of what they are truly worth.

There will be periods to throw your money in an index and look away. But those periods will need to be semi-actively managed, as they will likely be surrounded by periods of massive deteriorations.

EliteZags
AG
EliteZags
AG
so at what point do the cash hoarders actually start feeling some of the missed opportunity?
or does it just keep being 'insignificant'?

Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Depends on the week, but definitely last week. This week shaping up to be one too
agdaddy04
AG
Definitely feeling like I sold CRWD and CROX too soon.
McInnis 03
AG
Watching this morning for QCOM reaction at 230 and MBIO reaction at 1.00
Anastasia Beaverhaven
POWL is a dog this morning. Still holding though.
Heineken-Ashi
Short timed trade. Buy POWL. Stop this mornings low. Target between $181 and $190 in 2-3 days

bmoochie
AG
CAVA you turd
Heineken-Ashi
We are again watching out for SMCI $1,020. It tried twice in April and May. I think it hits this time, likely this week. Upside extensions run to $1,100.

flashplayer
AG
bmoochie said:

CAVA you turd

Looks good to me.
First Page Last Page
Page 6498 of 6616

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.