Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,975,032 Views | 231555 Replies | Last: 12 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
McInnis 03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Gonna try a BBY long here on a UBS upgrade news.
Talon2DSO
AG
Huma sub $6.50 right now. It's on sale!!

Edit to correct spelling. I definitely meant HUMA. Damn autocorrect ducking socks.
McInnis 03
AG
Wrong way.
bhanacik
AG
Talon2DSO said:

Huna sub $6.50 right now. It's on sale!!
Assuming you meant HUMA; FYI my stop is at 5.84
bmoochie
AG
Entered weekly AMD $160. Expect a strong bounce based on past history at this level. Will cut if we make a new low.
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Holding the 34-50 10min emas and price is back to where I got in. Lets see if we can get a little runup.
bmoochie
AG
bmoochie said:

Play I am watching for a cheap scalp is DKNG. Gap fill is so close and you can go out to July for pretty Cheap $40s to scalp some easy money. Fills the gap and you can bank some easy date night money.
DKNG breaking out and almost done with the gap fill. Too bad I went small and cant leave a runner but this worked.
Aggie Dad 26
Anyone invested in Mercedes? MBGAF
Looks solid. I haven't... yet, but have considered it.
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

Holding the 34-50 10min emas and price is back to where I got in. Lets see if we can get a little runup.
Trying to get me a double up on a monday. Come on BBY, announce a TV sale or something, QUICK!
Buck Compton
AG
Bocephus said:

El_duderino said:

I have no idea why, but that's the truth. It's always jam packed regardless of the time of day, day of the week, or the weather in college station

Cuz their coffee is better than Starbucks
Starbucks coffee is not good, so that's not saying much. I looked at their menu. Do they have even one hot drink? Or is it all just sugar and cream-loaded iced ***** Like can I just go get a cup of coffee or a hot americano?
FJB24
Food for thought.

https://www.mcoscillator.com/learning_center/weekly_chart/a-d_line_divergence_shows_bull_market_starting_to_crack/

GreasenUSA
AG
Aggie Class of 2026 said:

Solid in that it's at the same price as it was in 1996?
Number Monkey
AG
Metals repeating the day up followed by day down pattern from last week? Tomorrow may be another chance to play AGQ....
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

Trying to get me a double up on a monday. Come on BBY, announce a TV sale or something, QUICK!
DOUBLE UP! FREEBIE RUNNER, LFG!
Aggie Dad 26
GreasenUSA said:

would this make for a good long term investment?
McInnis 03
AG
Reminder, Markets are closed Wednesday for Juneteenth
GreasenUSA
AG

GreasenUSA said:

I don't know. I'm not the one to ask about long term investments. Does it pay a dividend, at least?
Diggity
AG
I think most of us have been in your spot, but cherry picking stocks on the B&I board is a **** strategy and will lose you money.

Just go invest in some broad market index funds and call it a day.
ProgN

GreasenUSA said:

Imo, no. There's much better candidates for LT investment that offers significantly better odds of growing your money than MBGAF. I'm not recommending or buying anything with the markets at these levels but just 2 off the top of my head I'll list below. You have time to read up on them, ask us questions (or your financial advisor), and make an informed decision.

$KSS near $20/shr as long as they don't cut their dividend. That will compound nicely and possible price appr.

$AIQ The AI cycle is just beginning and this ETF is an excellent lower priced option for accumulating exposure

JMO/ do your own DD and we're more than willing to answer any questions you have before you make your decision.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Fingers crossed for a TNA blastoff.
McInnis 03
AG

GreasenUSA said:

All 03 of me are being dead serious here.

Just follow this and thank me in 30 years.

Others who are older, an idea for your kids.

ProgN
Diggity said:

I think most of us have been in your spot, but cherry picking stocks on the B&I board is a **** strategy and will lose you money.

Just go invest in some broad market index funds and call it a day.

I'll put my stock picking ability up against every index fund everyday of the week and twice on Sundays.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
It's a hard claim to make unless you've managed to consistently beat the market over a period of decades.
Diggity
AG
not sure why you chose to take my comment personally.

I'm talking about the strategy of pulling random ticker symbols off this board to invest in, which is what they appear to be doing.

Chef Elko
AG
Technical question. If I'm bullish and had money on the sidelines earning 5.25%, is it advantageous to take 1/3 of what I want to put in today and place it into a 3X S&P levered ETF and keep the remaining 2/3 in t bills or does the 3X levered fund bake in the risk free rate since they use some form of derivative to increase leverage to 3X.
ProgN
Diggity said:

I'm talking about the strategy of pulling random ticker symbols of this board to invest in, which is what they appear to be doing.

I didn't take it personally because I guess we differed on his intent with his questions. It seemed to me that he was asking if it was good or bad stock, which I expected a follow up questions of why someone thought that. You and I just didn't see the same thing in his post. No biggie.
Aggie Dad 26
blue star for you
EliteZags
AG
GreasenUSA said:

but you could make a killing playing the 4 year swings perfectly..
ProgN
Chef Elko said:

Technical question. If I'm bullish and had money on the sidelines earning 5.25%, is it advantageous to take 1/3 of what I want to put in today and place it into a 3X S&P levered ETF and keep the remaining 2/3 in t bills or does the 3X levered fund bake in the risk free rate since they use some form of derivative to increase leverage to 3X.
If it's not for a trade and you intend to hold it LT, NEVER F with a 3X levered ETF. They are trading vehicles only.
txaggie_08
AG
ProgN said:

Diggity said:

I'm talking about the strategy of pulling random ticker symbols of this board to invest in, which is what they appear to be doing.

I didn't take it personally because I guess we differed on his intent with his questions. It seemed to me that he was asking if it was good or bad stock, which I expected a follow up questions of why someone thought that. You and I just didn't see the same thing in his post. No biggie.

Class of 2026 has been looking for long term holds. I think he needs to understand this isn't the thread for that, that this is more day trading. Therefore the plays that are talked about here aren't necessarily any good for a long term investor.

Class of 2026, just go buy VOO and he done with it.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Many will disagree but if you plan to do any leveraged ETF as a hold, I would stick to SSO, as it's 2x and thus much less decay than 3x.

Lower immediate returns but over a long period, you will tend closer and closer to whatever UPRO returns.

That said, I think QQQM, AIQ, and SOXQ are all great options for holds right now, much better than SSO, and no decay.
ProgN
https://www.cnbc.com/2024/06/17/nvidia-to-get-20percent-weighting-and-billions-in-investor-demand-while-apple-demoted-in-major-tech-fund.html
Quote:

XLK SHAKE-UP
COMPANY PORTFOLIO WEIGHT AS OF 6/14 ESTIMATED WEIGHTING POST-REBALANCE

MICROSOFT 22% to 21%

NVIDIA 6% to 21%

APPLE 22% to 4.5%
Quote:

The index that the Technology Select Sector SPDR Fund (XLK)
follows will soon rebalance, based on an adjusted market cap value from Friday's close. The new calculations show Microsoft
as the top stock in the index, followed by Nvidia and then Apple, according to Matthew Bartolini, head of SPDR Americas Research.

All three stocks would have a weight above 20% in the index if there were not caps in place. But diversification rules for the index limit how big the cumulative weight of stocks with at least a 5% share of the fund can be. As a result, Microsoft and Nvidia will likely have a weight of around 21%, while Apple will be down to about 4.5%, Bartolini said.

That is a change from the prior weightings, which saw Nvidia's weight be kept artificially low by index rules. As of June 14, Microsoft and Apple were both at about 22% each in the fund, while Nvidia was at 6%.
Quote:

The fund follows the Technology Select Sector Index from S&P Dow Jones Indices, which uses a float-adjusted calculation to determine market cap. The rebalance officially takes effect at the end of this week.
EliteZags
AG
what's pumping the broads past 2 hours
Heineken-Ashi
Just at an alert on XLE for when the 8 EMA crosses the 34 on hourly candles. We already get it across the 21 and RSI has given all intraday signals for buy alerts. Only thing left is the hourly 8/34 crossover and daily RSI buy signal (which doesn't always come). I'll post if it triggers and I enter a position.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
EliteZags
AG
SMCI/AVGO clear 900/1800 keeping nvda momentum up

CRWD approaching 400

PLTR pushing for 25
First Page Last Page
Page 6497 of 6616

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.