Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,976,869 Views | 231555 Replies | Last: 16 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
EnronAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Don't fall for the head fake. Bulls just go out partying every night. Wait for them to wake up about noon and give them a bit to shake off their hangover…and then watch the rip to new ATH in the afternoon. It's like clockwork. Train keeps rolling!
backintexas2013
AG
I'm not doing anything early. Just sitting back and watching
McInnis 03
AG
I like to use these as data on active movers in premarket.

I then look at where some of the movers are versus support and resistance. Then I form thoughts on when something is making a bullish move vs bearish

Ie: something gets an upgrade from a good bank (JPM, BAC, Citi, MS) I see if it gaps OVER resistance. Then I watch for a retest and decide then if it's gonna retrace or run.

Today I'd watch TWLO early to see if it gets under 53.50 and if it does that's my risk point on a short play. Start short there, and that becomes a potential stop in a scalp.

Opposite thought on ZS above 186.50 (values subj to change until market open)

Heineken-Ashi
Stopped on FSLY.

Man, so many bullish signals leading to stop outs. Not losing much, but not a good sign IMO. Especially when overall market is making new highs while momentum indicators are making lower lows. Whole market feels like its at a tipping point.

Please make sure you have stops. And remember, I know its frustrating when you get stopped and a stock bounces. But stops that are correctly placed are at areas where a bullish scenario drops in probability. Getting stopped on something that switches from full bull to choppy bull at best means your money can go to work on something more reliable, or it can sit safe.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
Heineken-Ashi
Bought a couple GME ATM lottos with profits from some weekly PLTR shorts. Let's see what happens.

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
Cru
S
Nm
McInnis 03
AG
Ended up taking the SHOP 67c for today at $.10 and closed half at $.50. Gonna see if we can get some more.
McInnis 03
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

Bought a couple GME ATM lottos with profits from some weekly PLTR shorts. Let's see what happens.
I like the stock.
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

I like the stock.
Which means you should NOT like the stock.
Heineken-Ashi
McInnis 03 said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

I like the stock.
Dude is forcing delivery of a ton of shares. There's a chance this thing could spiral upward. Watching the gamma on calls closely for squeeze potential.

McInnis 03
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

McInnis 03 said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

I like the stock.
Dude is forcing delivery of a ton of shares. There's a chance this thing could spiral upward. Watching the gamma on calls closely for squeeze potential.
I'm reading some educated opinions that he did not exercise, he sold all calls he had and then bought the 4,001,000 shares into the weakness he created with the sale of the options.
Chef Elko
AG
In the weekly GME $35C as a lotto
bmoochie
AG
keeeeeeeeep going CAVA, just ride the elevator down. you are doing great.
Heineken-Ashi
bmoochie said:

Number Monkey
AG
My bet that metals have an up day after being down yesterday hasn't quite played out yet. Come on SLV and AGQ!!
McInnis 03
AG
my read on silver is that it does it's move over night with a little bit of tiddlywinks until 11am. After that it's typically pretty boring.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Averaged way down on TNA.

Now at 250 shares @ $35.60, targeting $38 for a [hopefully] quick exit in my brokerage.

Still maintaining original targets in my Roth, of 40.95 and 41.80. Still got plenty of dry powder to buy if it keeps dipping; hard stop will be just below 32. Not too concerned with timeline in this account.
Heineken-Ashi
McInnis 03 said:

my read on silver is that it does it's move over night with a little bit of tiddlywinks until 11am. After that it's typically pretty boring.
Not sure there's anything to that. Gray is after US market hours.

I bleed maroon
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Averaged way down on TNA.

Now at 250 shares @ $35.60, targeting $38 for a [hopefully] quick exit in my brokerage.

Still maintaining original targets in my Roth, of 40.95 and 41.80. Still got plenty of dry powder to buy if it keeps dipping; hard stop will be just below 32. Not too concerned with timeline in this account.
Sorry bro, I'm still on the other side of this one. It's been a good day for my $35 puts expiring next week.
McInnis 03
AG
Exactly. Most days in the black are .20 ranges if anything (post 11am) until the last 10 minutes of hte day if you're lucky. Of course there are exceptions, but it's a slow boat to china.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Nicely done. You gonna hold through the weekend?
El Chupacabra
well BABA was a lesson in not getting greedy...
I bleed maroon
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Nicely done. You gonna hold through the weekend?
Not sure yet. Probably so, unless it takes another big dip today. It is a general hedge (I thought small caps were a bit overheated) that I've held for a couple months, so I'm not really speculating with it.

After next Friday, I'll hope it rockets up for you.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I will say this will probably be my "last hurrah" of sorts with TNA, in my brokerage account anyway.

I've had a very good year swing trading it, but I've been going more and more conservative in that account as the market keeps climbing. I don't want to get greedy and risk losing those gains. (Probably gonna rotate all that capital into BRK.B, ISCG, and SOXQ as long term holds.)

Gonna limit my swing / leverage trading exclusively to my Roth, both for tax advantage and to minimize exposure, as it's my smallest account by far.
Number Monkey
AG
Yeah, I was up like 15% before they announced issuing the convertible notes. Ended up getting out at break-even at $78. Should a could a would a.
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Ended up taking the SHOP 67c for today at $.10 and closed half at $.50. Gonna see if we can get some more.
closed the rest when it touched $.50 again. It ended up tapping $.65 a hot min later.

There is a definite time vs value execution I need to behave better on. When you get one of those big spikes in the morning that leaves the price extended from the 5-12 10min EMA, you might as well close most if not all then and move on to the next one (if any). Because basing time eats premium and ends up requiring more muscle to hit again later in the morning/day.
I bleed maroon
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I will say this will probably be my "last hurrah" of sorts with TNA, in my brokerage account anyway.

I've had a very good year swing trading it, but I've been going more and more conservative in that account as the market keeps climbing. I don't want to get greedy and risk losing those gains. (Probably gonna rotate all that capital into BRK.B, ISCG, and SOXQ as long term holds.)

Gonna limit my swing / leverage trading exclusively to my Roth, both for tax advantage and to minimize exposure, as it's my smallest account by far.
Good strategy to use the Roth to speculate.

By the way, SOXL puts are another hedge I currently use. I have too much exposure to semis (due to the massive price appreciation of late), but don't want to sell any, yet.
Heineken-Ashi
bmoochie said:

Number Monkey
AG
Damn, KOS just keeps coming down. Not going to lower my stop again. Seems like somebody knows something I don't.
El Chupacabra
Brian Earl Spilner said:

El Chupacabra said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

El Chupacabra said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Took a big chunk of TNA, and all my remaining SSO off the table.

Solid 10% profit on SSO, fairly small one on TNA, but it feels like it has to drop back into the 36-37 range again before continuing. Will buy a lot of it back cheaper.
Back in?
Bought at $36.
I bought some...sorry for tanking your account.

Well if we go down, we go down together.

Sorry, bro.
Heineken-Ashi
If TSLA $176 holds and it takes out $193 next week, you can buy with a free ride to at least $200. If you get really lucky, it could just keep going over the next couple of months and grab $225-$240 range.

Below $176 though and that bullishness takes a back seat to either more chop or even seeing $160 again.

bmoochie
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

bmoochie said:

Couldn't even make Model T back up! what a loser!
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

closed the rest when it touched $.50 again. It ended up tapping $.65 a hot min later.

There is a definite time vs value execution I need to behave better on. When you get one of those big spikes in the morning that leaves the price extended from the 5-12 10min EMA, you might as well close most if not all then and move on to the next one (if any). Because basing time eats premium and ends up requiring more muscle to hit again later in the morning/day.
This is what I get for voiding the rules. The rule: "Only close a trend trade when price breaks the 5-12 10min EMA cloud".

The result, 67c now at $.9
El Chupacabra
Number Monkey said:

Yeah, I was up like 15% before they announced issuing the convertible notes. Ended up getting out at break-even at $78. Should a could a would a.
I started buying in February...watched it go up to high 80's...now back at same levels I was buying at.
McInnis 03
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

If TSLA $176 holds and it takes out $193 next week, you can buy with a free ride to at least $200. If you get really lucky, it could just keep going over the next couple of months and grab $225-$240 range.

Below $176 though and that bullishness takes a back seat to either more chop or even seeing $160 again.

First Page Last Page
Page 6495 of 6616

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.