Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,977,929 Views | 231555 Replies | Last: 18 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
EliteZags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
wed night piano bar was mandatory sorority event
Diggity
AG
We'll all be really impressed if one of those gals was the waitress who was on Road Rules
El Chupacabra
Brian Earl Spilner said:

El Chupacabra said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Took a big chunk of TNA, and all my remaining SSO off the table.

Solid 10% profit on SSO, fairly small one on TNA, but it feels like it has to drop back into the 36-37 range again before continuing. Will buy a lot of it back cheaper.
Back in?
Bought at $36.
I bought some...sorry for tanking your account.
ProgN
El_duderino said:

90s night with $.90 drinks at the Tap was kick ass on a budget.
I bet you weren't there for "Any coin, any Drink" at D&D. You should've seen all the "Ballers" with pockets full of coins.
M4 Benelli
Prog, are you still eyeballing the cold sore that is Unity Software? This stock has been looking like a dog, so all this beer talk is apropos. Planning on chugging a few rounds and taking this dill wart for a ride any time soon? If so, at what price point?

I recall you were looking at $18, when she was still at $22.

#RedLightStocks
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
It's definitely interesting when SMCI has a monster day while TNA has a red day. Everything must be deep red in smallcaps...
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
El Chupacabra said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

El Chupacabra said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Took a big chunk of TNA, and all my remaining SSO off the table.

Solid 10% profit on SSO, fairly small one on TNA, but it feels like it has to drop back into the 36-37 range again before continuing. Will buy a lot of it back cheaper.
Back in?
Bought at $36.
I bought some...sorry for tanking your account.

Well if we go down, we go down together.

ProgN
Diggity said:

We'll all be really impressed if one of those gals was the waitress who was on Road Rules

I'm not claiming anything I can't prove and I don't have the time to see if I did. So I'll take the safe route and say, no, I did not.
EnronAg
AG
Do you know when SMCI moves out of TNA? I would've thought it already had...but not sure timing
ProgN
M4 Benelli said:

Prog, are you still eyeballing the cold sore that is Unity Software? This stock has been looking like a dog, so all this beer talk is apropos. Planning on chugging a few rounds and taking this dill wart for a ride any time soon? If so, at what price point?

I recall you were looking at $18, when she was still at $22.

#RedLightStocks
I watch it but it's not something I'd buy because if this market rolls over, then it's going to crater. It could hit around $10 in a macro correction. I'll always post before I buy it if I do, but I'd avoid it right now.
El_duderino
Nope. I can honestly say I've never heard of those.
ProgN
EnronAg said:

Do you know when SMCI moves out of TNA? I would've thought it already had...but not sure timing
SMCI doesn't have to move out. It can be a part of both.
ProgN
El_duderino said:

Nope. I can honestly say I've never heard of those.
GreasenUSA
AG
EnronAg said:

Part of TNA is the IWM, so I would check to see if it's leaving IWM. As of today, it's still in it.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
EnronAg said:

I haven't seen any hard confirmation anywhere that it actually is, but Russell rebalances the last Friday of June after close.
EliteZags
AG
in on HUMA and TNA, this thread is getting expensive for me
Aglaw97
AG
ProgN said:

El_duderino said:

I bet you weren't there for "Any coin, any Drink" at D&D. You should've seen all the "Ballers" with pockets full of coins.

Now D&D is a blast from the past.
ProgN
Aglaw97 said:

ProgN said:

El_duderino said:

Aglaw97
AG
ProgN said:

Aglaw97 said:

ProgN said:

El_duderino said:

Amen. I did miss out on Bladder Busters however.
bhanacik
AG
EliteZags said:

in on HUMA and TNA, this thread is getting expensive for me
thanks for the reminder on HUMA, went ahead and set a limit order for today with a target of selling half at 9.95 and stop at 5.84
Brewmaster
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

Brewmaster said:

Number Monkey said:

SLV, and all my metal holdings for that matter, goes up one day, then down the next. Been doing that every day this week. Tomorrow I may play with some AGQ and put this pattern to the test.
SLV is flagging, but dipped out of the flag this morning... as long as above 26 I think it can still build for next move. close below it and we see 25, possibly 24. fyi his chart is from yesterday, but he knows his stuff.

$26 was my ideal target for SLV, and $28.50 Silver Spot. His is a bit of wave slapping, but wouldn't be overall wrong if the bottom is in. I'd probably label it more as an ABCDE triangle with a slight overthrow on the last leg.

SILVER spot chart shows it a little better..

Nice! thanks for the chart and reply brother.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Power hour?
I bleed maroon
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Power hour?
Hope so. I lotto'd some zero DTE $545 SPY calls this morning. Time's running out!
ProgN
Add $SIG to your watchlist. Do not buy it here, but if it nears $70 then I'll be a buyer.
LMCane
Anastasia Beaverhaven said:

SMCI….Ahhhhhh yes.
FINALLY!!
Josepi
AG
How do y'all normally play splits?

Obviously there is typically a bit of a run up when the split is announced. I suspect there is also a bit of a run up after the split actually happens(I may be wrong about that).

What typically happens between those dates? Does the stock normally dip between the announcement and the actual split date? Is it typically best to hold all the way through?

Obviously every stock is different. Just wanted to pick the brain of some of the more experienced guys out there.
ProgN
LMCane said:

Anastasia Beaverhaven said:

SMCI….Ahhhhhh yes.
FINALLY!!

Man I respect you for your work on the Israel Hamas thread but damn bruh. You've previously posted that you're a buy and hold investor so what's this "FINALLY" bull***** I'll eat crow if I'm wrong, but will you please remind me of this post on 8/7? Deal?
ProgN
Josepi said:

Obviously there is typically a bit of a run up when the split is announced. I suspect there is also a bit of a run up after the split actually happens(I may be wrong about that).

What typically happens between those dates? Does the stock normally dip between the announcement and the actual split date? Is it typically best to hold all the way through?

Obviously every stock is different. Just wanted to pick the brain of some of the more experienced guys out there.
Even though stock splits actually mean exactly dick, they're exciting and stocks usually spike hard. Pull up a 6 month chart on NVDA, LRCX, AVGO (today's price action) and see the huge moves in their stock price. Hell, if you had access to inside information of companies going to declare stock splits before it's announced, then you could become wealthy, not rich, but wealthy and only make a few trades per year. You throw in a small float stock like SMCI, then you could borrow money and max leverage yourself before the announcement and then buy your own plane. Short answer, is if you position yourself before a split announcement then you'll print money. SMCI is up today on speculation that they'll follow the 3 stocks above and declare a huge split, I agree with that speculation. Imho, they report earnings on 8/6 and if they crush expectations, forward guidance and declare a 10:1 stock split, then it will print $1,500/shr.
I bleed maroon
AG
Josepi said:

There is no way to "play splits". In short, they're a non-event.

Good companies tend to split their stock. Bad companies can't (except reverse splits ) .

There are no empirical studies that truly show ANY impact whatsoever of a stock split. The reason is you can't test against what might have been if the stock didn't split - you can only speculate.

Take SMCI as an example: great performing stock that might split soon. After the split, it's still performing great. Is any of that due to a split? No way to tell for sure, but I'm suggesting no.

Practically speaking, there are several positive related outcomes due to splits (which have been detailed on other threads), but they're all very minor. Probably the biggest one I haven't ever mentioned is that it gives a stock visibility - - bandwaggoners want to jump onboard once they hear about this latest "hot stock" when their split is announced.
FishrCoAg
AG
Splits enable smaller investors to buy round lots and utilize covered calls as well. Lots of folks who won't put 80k into SMCI will enthusiastically do 8k and sell an option
I bleed maroon
AG
FishrCoAg said:

Splits enable smaller investors to buy round lots and utilize covered calls as well. Lots of folks who won't put 80k into SMCI will enthusiastically do 8k and sell an option

Agree - that's one of the practical benefits, as I've noted on other threads. However, it's a very minor point in the big scheme of things. The other effects are mostly a wash.
bmoochie
AG
McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

Watching TSLA for a gap and trap.......up so much on Elon's pay package?

Ugh. I wish I was working from home today. I was thinking the same and I have a resistance line at $190.48. Peaked above that and dumped. would have been a nice trade.
Bird Poo
AG
If dividends are distributed per share, that's a huge benefit, no?
I bleed maroon
AG
Bird Poo said:

If dividends are distributed per share, that's a huge benefit, no?
No - everything adjusts in the same ratio. $1.00 dividend on a $1000 stock becomes a $0.10 dividend on a $100 stock.

It's a non-event.

EDIT: Here's my more complete stock split post from a couple weeks ago: https://texags.com/forums/57/topics/3462093/replies/67638849
backintexas2013
AG
Finally have some time. I read this often. Today looks ugly early.
First Page Last Page
Page 6494 of 6616

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.