Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,978,967 Views | 231555 Replies | Last: 20 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
McInnis 03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Watching TSLA for a gap and trap.......up so much on Elon's pay package?
El_duderino
Good call. Back to the $170s TSLA goes it would seem
Heineken-Ashi
Stopped out on BUD.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
Number Monkey
AG
And may be about to get stopped out on KOS if you're stop is $5.40. All my energy stocks have been crapping lately.
Heineken-Ashi
Number Monkey said:

And may be about to get stopped out on KOS if you're stop is $5.40. All my energy stocks have been crapping lately.
I'm tempted to lower stops on all my energy plays. It's a space I want to be invested in as I think the next major rotation will be back to energy. And I have about 20 positions in quality companies. We will see.

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
Towns03
AG
BIG has gotten hammered this week. Does Blackrock still have a position there? Anyone have faith that it could turn around? or even just a Model T?
TheVarian
AG
I plan to ride it out and see what happens, energy stocks seem to take hits during election years.

Part of me wants to sell, take the hit, and buy more at a lower price though.

Hate the dilemma of maybe this and maybe that when it comes to trading.
Anastasia Beaverhaven
SMCI….Ahhhhhh yes.
ProgN
TheVarian said:

I plan to ride it out and see what happens, energy stocks seem to take huts during section years.

Part of me wants to sell, take the hit, and buy more at a lower price though.

Hate the dilemma of maybe this and maybe that when it comes to trading.
Something to consider that I've done many many times over the years is this. If you're fairly confident that it's not going to jump higher and maybe even go lower over the next 30 days, then sell it and book the loss. Then you can buy it back on the 31st day, usually at a lower price, but you've locked in the tax loss benefit to offset your gains. Don't buy it before 30 days have passed though or it's a wash sale and you just screwed yourself.

Just food for thought.
RenoAg
Talon2DSO said:

ToddyHill said:

ProgN...

Thank you for your insight. Just read this article and it mentions SMCI.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/3-ai-stocks-turned-25-151100096.html

My portfolio is Tech heavy. I'm inclined to add this to my holdings.

Here's my equity holdings

Amzn
Arm
ET
Goog
Gvsi
Huma
Nvda
Powl
Wwr

I should add smci

One of these stocks is not like the others. One of these stocks is not quite the same. Lol. I laugh because I feel your pain.
Chef Elko
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

Stopped out on BUD.
Speaking of beer. Is anyone in Molson Coors Beverage $TAP? Had a good runup when folks switched from Bud Light, seemed to lose that momentum. I may look to enter at $50
EnronAg
AG
IWM, RSP, DIA all getting smoked...only a small number of megacaps holding this thing up...how much longer can a small handful of stocks keep this sucker grinding up???
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Jeez sam called this out this morning, if it broke 822 we would see 872 quick. Bought an 842.5 for 10, cut 2 minutes later at 11, it's 28 now and still going. That's an expensive option for me but i felt like it was better than going too far otm
ProgN
Anastasia Beaverhaven said:

SMCI….Ahhhhhh yes.
https://www.fool.com/investing/2024/06/13/stock-split-watch-2-artificial-intelligence-stocks/?source=eptyholnk0000202&utm_source=yahoo-host-full&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=article&referring_guid=063792bf-e2d1-433e-bfa0-5669ba6c4554

Looks like I'm not the only one predicting a split.
Talon2DSO
AG
RenoAg said:

Talon2DSO said:

ToddyHill said:

ProgN...

Thank you for your insight. Just read this article and it mentions SMCI.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/3-ai-stocks-turned-25-151100096.html

My portfolio is Tech heavy. I'm inclined to add this to my holdings.

Here's my equity holdings

Amzn
Arm
ET
Goog
Gvsi
Huma
Nvda
Powl
Wwr

I should add smci

One of these stocks is not like the others. One of these stocks is not quite the same. Lol. I laugh because I feel your pain.

There's a whole lotta "I wish" in my list
TheVarian
AG
Is that why they are up so drastically today?
Number Monkey
AG
SLV, and all my metal holdings for that matter, goes up one day, then down the next. Been doing that every day this week. Tomorrow I may play with some AGQ and put this pattern to the test.
ProgN
TheVarian said:

Is that why they are up so drastically today?
Yes sir! That and this:

https://www.marketbeat.com/stocks/NASDAQ/SMCI/news/

Looks like 2 firms have been increasing their positions in it recently. That said, today's momentum is entirely fueled by stock split speculation, which will also be a 10:1 imo. They only have 50M shares so it makes monster swings on relatively light volume. Plus the shorts are getting nervous because a 10:1 split would rip out their hearts and then fed to them, and they know it. I've posted several times on this thread before today that I believe they declare a split on 8/6 ER.
Heineken-Ashi
Chef Elko said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

Stopped out on BUD.
Speaking of beer. Is anyone in Molson Coors Beverage $TAP? Had a good runup when folks switched from Bud Light, seemed to lose that momentum. I may look to enter at $50
Yup. My buy order filled this week

ProgN

Shout out for our banking expert 'Bonfire' who is currently using by private cabin at banned camp.

Heineken-Ashi
Number Monkey said:

SLV, and all my metal holdings for that matter, goes up one day, then down the next. Been doing that every day this week. Tomorrow I may play with some AGQ and put this pattern to the test.
I have buy orders for AGQ shares and calls if it comes down to $35. If not, I ride with the positions I already have.

Brewmaster
AG
Number Monkey said:

SLV is flagging, but dipped out of the flag this morning... as long as above 26 I think it can still build for next move. close below it and we see 25, possibly 24. fyi his chart is from yesterday, but he knows his stuff.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Glad I took SSO profits yesterday.

Looks like another buy opportunity for TNA.
Heineken-Ashi
Brewmaster said:

Number Monkey said:

SLV is flagging, but dipped out of the flag this morning... as long as above 26 I think it can still build for next move. close below it and we see 25, possibly 24. fyi his chart is from yesterday, but he knows his stuff.

$26 was my ideal target for SLV, and $28.50 Silver Spot. His is a bit of wave slapping, but wouldn't be overall wrong if the bottom is in. I'd probably label it more as an ABCDE triangle with a slight overthrow on the last leg.

SILVER spot chart shows it a little better..

ProgN
Chef Elko said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

Stopped out on BUD.
Is "The Tap" still around in CS? It was a cool place in the early 90's. Before any of you young bucks laugh at us Olds, there wasn't a fraction of the places then as there is now in CS.
Maximus_Meridius
AG
Yep, still there. I only went a couple times...I wasn't exactly a partier in college...
ProgN
Maximus_Meridius said:

Yep, still there. I only went a couple times...I wasn't exactly a partier in college...
Go out to The Tap, Hurricane Harry's, or Dick'em & Dump'em, then go back to Aston Hall (Whoop!) and order the "Gumby Dammit". We never knew how good we had it back then. If I did, then I'd still be the real life 'Van Wilder'.

El Chupacabra
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Took a big chunk of TNA, and all my remaining SSO off the table.

Solid 10% profit on SSO, fairly small one on TNA, but it feels like it has to drop back into the 36-37 range again before continuing. Will buy a lot of it back cheaper.
Back in?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
El Chupacabra said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Took a big chunk of TNA, and all my remaining SSO off the table.

Solid 10% profit on SSO, fairly small one on TNA, but it feels like it has to drop back into the 36-37 range again before continuing. Will buy a lot of it back cheaper.
Back in?
Bought at $36.
EliteZags
AG
Piano bar
SW AG80
AG
The Tap is a good place for us old Ags to gather when we want to celebrate.

I celebrated my 52 birthday at The Tap. My son was still in school. Unfortunately he videod some of the shenanigans and still has the video.

Has not used it for extortion purposes. Yet.
ProgN
EliteZags said:

Piano bar
It wasn't a piano bar back then, but I have no clue if they are now.
ProgN
SW AG80 said:

The Tap is a good place for us old Ags to gather when we want to celebrate.
That's just my game. Getting old sucks, but hooked up with several hotties from there back in the day. We can toast to our past glory days.
El_duderino
90s night with $.90 drinks at the Tap was kick ass on a budget.
McInnis 03
AG
Anastasia Beaverhaven said:

SMCI….Ahhhhhh yes.
What a monster today.
First Page Last Page
Page 6493 of 6616

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.