Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,980,203 Views | 231555 Replies | Last: 22 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
beb08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ToddyHill said:

I own both NVDA and AVGO. They'll have their ups and downs...but I think they're a great long term buy and hold.
Right about the time you posted that AVGO jumped $200.
SF2004
AG
Futures gaped ~70 pts in an hour.

To Vahalla my friends.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Gape?
El_duderino
ToddyHill
AG
I usually log on after the market closes when companies I own directly (NVDA, AAPL, MSFT, ARM, AVGO) post their quarterly earnings. Today I was out mowing and completely forgot about AVGO's earnings. Crazy what it did after hours. All that said, what goes up like a rocket generally sells off too. I do like the 10 for 1 split. Kind of a Deja Vu aspect given NVDA did the same recently. .
McInnis 03
AG
$AVGO

Have mercy
Brewmaster
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

Brewmaster said:

ProgN said:

McInnis 03 said:

Looks like OA1 was feeding his group some $ARM

They all gonna be fat and happy.
I fed $ARM to our clubhouse sub $100 to our clubhouse in April. Not bragging but, those that followed are also "healthy" and it was at no charge. Not slighting OA, but emphasizing that you don't need to pay to profit while learning the nuances of the market.
dude you're approaching legend status here. I think you pounded the table on SMCI and POWL too! POWL just getting started
Don't feed his ego. He'll probably go kick an ant pile on F16 and get banned. Then we don't have him anymore.

LOL, I have laughed multiple times this afternoon, still thinking of this quote. Many an ant pile hath been kicked there.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Brewmaster said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

PPI tomorrow. Fireworks might be delayed until then.
SLV picking up some Big buyers. just saw 185k 1 minute candle, somebody always knows

Lotto, sort of: June SLV 28C - paid.19

C/o 2026: this is the kind of thing that should perk up your ears. Buy the underlying, no need to play options. Pay attention to brew, prog, and heinie as they are super attuned to metals and the greater markets. Take notes on targets, support, resistance and stops and don't buy so much that you lay awake worrying about it. Start small, but start.
(Unless you think the market is going to go up another 15%, in that case just buy aapl and nvda)
El_duderino
I hope someone in the clubhouse here made an earnings play.
El_duderino
Heineken-Ashi said:

Everyone put Boeing on your radar. If it comes back between $175 and $185 wait for a bounce. Buy and set stop just below that low. Looking for $220 min and $245 max by election.

Bumping this for the group. BA closed at $182.67 today moving into the recommended range. Closed just below the 20ema today, so a possible retest of the 50sma before the bounce.
valvemonkey91
AG
Has this been discussed? This seems important.

https://www.tbsnews.net/world/global-economy/saudi-arabias-petro-dollar-exit-global-finance-paradigm-shift-875321?amp
ProgN
Brewmaster said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

Brewmaster said:

ProgN said:

McInnis 03 said:

I fed $ARM to our clubhouse sub $100 to our clubhouse in April. Not bragging but, those that followed are also "healthy" and it was at no charge. Not slighting OA, but emphasizing that you don't need to pay to profit while learning the nuances of the market.
dude you're approaching legend status here. I think you pounded the table on SMCI and POWL too! POWL just getting started
Don't feed his ego. He'll probably go kick an ant pile on F16 and get banned. Then we don't have him anymore.

LOL, I have laughed multiple times this afternoon, still thinking of this quote. Many an ant pile hath been kicked there.
frankm01
Brewmaster said:

ProgN said:

McInnis 03 said:

Add TTD and WAL to that list as well.
ProgN
ToddyHill said:

I usually log on after the market closes when companies I own directly (NVDA, AAPL, MSFT, ARM, AVGO) post their quarterly earnings. Today I was out mowing and completely forgot about AVGO's earnings. Crazy what it did after hours. All that said, what goes up like a rocket generally sells off too. I do like the 10 for 1 split. Kind of a Deja Vu aspect given NVDA did the same recently. .
Whatever you decide to do, I expect something similar when SMCI reports 8/6 iirc. If you're not in it, then I'd be patient. Even if you buy it higher going into their ER print, then it's worth the risk imho. I wouldn't buy it at this moment only because you'll be able to buy more shares at a lower price if I'm right about the macro move. JMO, make your own decision and do your own DD.
ProgN
valvemonkey91 said:

Has this been discussed? This seems important.

https://www.tbsnews.net/world/global-economy/saudi-arabias-petro-dollar-exit-global-finance-paradigm-shift-875321?amp
Nope, but Rick Santelli on CNBC brought it up earlier this week. It's definitely not good for us should they're successful because it would exacerbate the Dollar's demise. I did take that into account when I sold a lot of my holdings today though.
EliteZags
AG
El_duderino said:

I hope someone in the clubhouse here made an earnings play.
we shoulda seen this coming, was one of my fomo NicoDerm patches (along with SMH) while nvda was running away but not nearly enough

EliteZags
AG
TSLA shareholders approve Elon comp package, up 5% overnight

5wks to run til Q2 earnings
McInnis 03
AG
Kitty made a move.

ToddyHill
AG
ProgN...

Thank you for your insight. Just read this article and it mentions SMCI.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/3-ai-stocks-turned-25-151100096.html

My portfolio is Tech heavy. I'm inclined to add this to my holdings.
Anastasia Beaverhaven
I'm not a big Motley Fool guy. I subscribed to them for a year or two and their stock picks didn't quite pan out. They're assessment on SMCI is correct. The new world is going to be server heavy and they're the leading provider moving forward. In addition, they have superior proprietary cooling technology which is going to keep them at the top. Cooling servers efficiently is a big key. Im in at 820 per share. Hope it continues to roll but everything is a risk in this market.
Anastasia Beaverhaven
Also, I should've started my post with "I know absolutely nothing." This is not sarcasm.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
PPI cool.
McInnis 03
AG
Anastasia Beaverhaven said:

I'm not a big Motley Fool guy. I subscribed to them for a year or two and their stock picks didn't quite pan out. They're assessment on SMCI is correct. The new world is going to be server heavy and they're the leading provider moving forward. In addition, they have superior proprietary cooling technology which is going to keep them at the top. Cooling servers efficiently is a big key. Im in at 820 per share. Hope it continues to roll but everything is a risk in this market.
We service a customer who used to create cooling skids for large Turbines but now they've pivoted to handle data centers and they're KILLING it. The bad news is they're still a private entity so nothing we can do on that.
McInnis 03
AG
Watching TSLA for a gap and trap.......up so much on Elon's pay package?
McInnis 03
AG
AMD just had a decent dump prior to open
Heineken-Ashi
McInnis 03 said:

Watching TSLA for a gap and trap.......up so much on Elon's pay package?
Double bottom after a "flat" corrective pattern, Acts like a launchpad. If it can take out $200 then $225 should be reachable. If not, then $155-$160 range might be back on the table to finish off the correction from the April move.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
Aggie Dad 26
While I'm watching several. PPH is the one I'm most curious about.
tailgatetimer10
AG
DC's will soon be moving rapidly to liquid cooling. I don't know enough to make a play on this however
Talon2DSO
AG
ToddyHill said:

ProgN...

Thank you for your insight. Just read this article and it mentions SMCI.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/3-ai-stocks-turned-25-151100096.html

My portfolio is Tech heavy. I'm inclined to add this to my holdings.

Here's my equity holdings

Amzn
Arm
ET
Goog
Gvsi
Huma
Nvda
Powl
Wwr

I should add smci
ProgN
McInnis 03 said:

AMD just had a decent dump prior to open
So did I.
bhanacik
AG
El_duderino said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

Everyone put Boeing on your radar. If it comes back between $175 and $185 wait for a bounce. Buy and set stop just below that low. Looking for $220 min and $245 max by election.

Bumping this for the group. BA closed at $182.67 today moving into the recommended range. Closed just below the 20ema today, so a possible retest of the 50sma before the bounce.
I'm watching the 4 hour and Daily for a closing candle to identify the bounce:

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Interesting reaction to the PPI data...
El_duderino
Will be interested to see if SPY gap fills back to $537 by close today or sometime tomorrow.
EnronAg
AG
no way we fill that gap this week...
LMCane
ProgN said:

ToddyHill said:

Whatever you decide to do, I expect something similar when SMCI reports 8/6 iirc. If you're not in it, then I'd be patient. Even if you buy it higher going into their ER print, then it's worth the risk imho. I wouldn't buy it at this moment only because you'll be able to buy more shares at a lower price if I'm right about the macro move. JMO, make your own decision and do your own DD.
SMCI has been killing me the last few months

thankfully NVIDIA is my largest position in my self-directed account. but I went into an ETF with some exposure to AVGO instead of buying it outright (Fidelity has always rated Broadcom poorly)

big mistake.
First Page Last Page
Page 6492 of 6616

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.