Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,978,532 Views | 231555 Replies | Last: 19 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's too bad I live in Florida. I'd be down for a meetup if I was in Texas for sure.
Brock Sampson
AG
Anybody in ATLX (formally BMIX)? Getting crushed today
FJB24
Cathie Wood call on TSLA will have some folks interested: Benzinga source.
Quote:

Ark Invest CEO and founder Cathie Wood may be best known for her 2018 price prediction on Tesla Inc (TSLA) shares. The price prediction was heavily scrutinized but came true years later and helped boost the profile of Wood and the price of many Ark Invest ETFs.
Wood and Ark are back with an updated Tesla price prediction that revolves heavily on the company's autonomous vehicle ambitions.
What Happened: In 2023, Ark Invest set a price target of $2,000 for Tesla for 2027. Then on Wednesday, the investment management firm announced a new price target of $2,600 for 2029.
"ARK estimates that nearly 90% of Tesla's enterprise value and earnings will be attributed to the robotaxi business in 2029," the new open-source model reads.
Ark lists a bear case price target of $2,000 and a bull case price target of $3,100 in the latest forecast. Ark also lists a price target of $350 for Tesla if it eliminates the robotaxi network from the model.
The new price target forecast model breaks down Tesla's 2029 revenue as being 63% from robotaxis and 26% from electric vehicles, with the rest coming from items like insurance and energy storage. The model predicts 2029 revenue of $1.2 trillion for Tesla.
The model shows $440 billion in EBITDA for Tesla in 2029 with 86% of EBITDA coming from the robotaxis and 10% coming from electric vehicles.
Ark predicts that Tesla will sell 5.8 million electric vehicles in 2029 with its bear case and 14.4 million units in its bull case.
Tesla is back up to $179 today, fwiw. That's an incredibly 'bold' call on the robotaxi's none of us have seen.
Chef Elko
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Saw last night that JFBR and SMFL are both shorted over 100% of the float. If the degenerates ever caught word of this (especially since JFBR is a penny stock) they could really do some nutty **** with it.

Oh, and their floats were both like less than 500,000 shares.
Where do you get your figures for short interest and % float? Looking for a more up to date source
McInnis 03
AG
FJB24 said:

Cathie Wood call on TSLA will have some folks interested: Benzinga source.
Quote:

Ark Invest CEO and founder Cathie Wood may be best known for her 2018 price prediction on Tesla Inc (TSLA) shares. The price prediction was heavily scrutinized but came true years later and helped boost the profile of Wood and the price of many Ark Invest ETFs.
Wood and Ark are back with an updated Tesla price prediction that revolves heavily on the company's autonomous vehicle ambitions.
What Happened: In 2023, Ark Invest set a price target of $2,000 for Tesla for 2027. Then on Wednesday, the investment management firm announced a new price target of $2,600 for 2029.
"ARK estimates that nearly 90% of Tesla's enterprise value and earnings will be attributed to the robotaxi business in 2029," the new open-source model reads.
Ark lists a bear case price target of $2,000 and a bull case price target of $3,100 in the latest forecast. Ark also lists a price target of $350 for Tesla if it eliminates the robotaxi network from the model.
The new price target forecast model breaks down Tesla's 2029 revenue as being 63% from robotaxis and 26% from electric vehicles, with the rest coming from items like insurance and energy storage. The model predicts 2029 revenue of $1.2 trillion for Tesla.
The model shows $440 billion in EBITDA for Tesla in 2029 with 86% of EBITDA coming from the robotaxis and 10% coming from electric vehicles.
Ark predicts that Tesla will sell 5.8 million electric vehicles in 2029 with its bear case and 14.4 million units in its bull case.
Tesla is back up to $179 today, fwiw. That's an incredibly 'bold' call on the robotaxi's none of us have seen.
Cathie gets to see more than we do. But still a wild call. She's been pretty good on Tesla though.
McInnis 03
AG
Chef Elko said:

McInnis 03 said:

Saw last night that JFBR and SMFL are both shorted over 100% of the float. If the degenerates ever caught word of this (especially since JFBR is a penny stock) they could really do some nutty **** with it.

Where do you get your figures for short interest and % float? Looking for a more up to date source
twitter
Chef Elko
AG
If GME has roughly $10/share in cash and I could sell the Jan 25 $10P for $0.50 a contract. That's massive value IMO and a great way to juice premiums for my cash on hand, adding roughly 8% return on cash already yielding 5%. However, I've been railroaded holding companies trading less than book value. Anyone have any thoughts?
Chef Elko
AG
My man
ProgN
Chef Elko said:

McInnis 03 said:

https://fintel.io/ss/us/powl

Best up to date info site I've found. That link takes you to POWL because I have it bookmarked, but you can change the symbol on the page to pullup your other stocks.
bhanacik
AG
Entering WHD here with a stop at 46, looking for 57 as first target
ProgN
Full Disclosure in respecting this thread's integrity. The following opinion is purely what I AM going to do during JPOW's PC and not investment advice for your own accounts. You do your own DD and evaluations and decide what is best for you and your families.

Early this year I posted that I booked profits and then redeployed that cash pile in the April mini pullback across all accounts. We'll today I believe JPow will be dovish in his PC and buyside algos will be triggered. I'm pulling a lot of my chips off the table at that time. I just will not watch profits evaporate due to being greedy. I never pick the top, but IDC because when they do pullback I re-enter buying even more shares for the ride backup. This is how I've grown those accounts more than you'd believe possible in a short time. I will be selling most of my recent ARM, NVDA, and others that I'm in the process of evaluating right now, but I wanted you guys to know before I act and not read about it after I did sell.

I don't like several things about this market and it's not anything you can look up. It's just my spidey sense. It has profited me well several times and my spidey sense is maxed this morning.
EliteZags
AG
while broad markets hold steady lotta big tech names spazzing in all directions
EnronAg
AG
I could definitely see JPow being very dovish and causing the market to rippy...but I think we get faked out and it's more a "buy the rumor, sell the news event" meaning buyers already ripped in after the "soft" CPI expecting dovish language...but I think the market sells off quickly...only for it to shrug it off over the course of the day/week...and just continue it's meltup...
Heineken-Ashi
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
Aggie Dad 26
Got started on SWPPX today
ProgN
EnronAg said:

I could definitely see JPow being very dovish and causing the market to rippy...but I think we get faked out and it's more a "buy the rumor, sell the news event" meaning buyers already ripped in after the "soft" CPI expecting dovish language...but I think the market sells off quickly...only for it to shrug it off over the course of the day/week...and just continue it's meltup...
No one has a crystal ball and that's why I said it's my spidey-sense. I'd rather cash out some chips and rebuild a larger cash reserve to be ready to buy when everyone is scared and dumping. This approach has done me very well.

Question for you: If you'd bought ARM at $89-92/shr 6-7 weeks ago, would you sell it at $155? I did, and I will sell it today.
Heineken-Ashi
AAPL double top RSI daily sell signals May 20th and today. Weekly is a hair away from double top signals with the first coming in July of last year.

As always, no confirmation until MACD crosses back down. Could lose significant ground before that were to happen. Could also continue up higher. That's why I wait for the MACD and the 8/21 crossover to trade aggressively.

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
EnronAg
AG
don't ever ask me, I always sell way too early would've probably sold in the $100-110 area

(edit) and on that note, the last of my MSFT shares just got done at $440 - I'm sure it'll rip another 10%+ over the next couple days
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

This is the main reason I haven't been adding much too QQQM, SOXQ, or AIQ this month and opted for TNA and IWP instead.
ToddyHill
AG
Everyone has an opinion on AAPL. FWIW, heard someone earlier (on Fox Business) who suggested those that hold the stock sell about 20% due to the fact it's gotten ahead of itself.
McInnis 03
AG
My thought is they rarely make it super easy. I could see them doing a swipe down at the 1PM (CT) release and then when JPOWW (MY MANNNNN) takes the mic at 1:30PM (CT) Swipe right back up.

If it was easy they'd just run it to the ceiling form the moment 1pm (CT) hits.

Although, if you want to witness one of my very favorite things in the market, pull up the SPY option chain just before announcement. At about 12:59.45 you'll see the machines shut off and hte spreads on the strikes will go HAYWIRE for abotu 15-20 seconds. When they turn them back on, all hell breaks loose. I don't know why, but seeing the market go wonky like that gives me great comfort in knowing it's all "fixed" by machines anyways
McInnis 03
AG
Looks like OA1 was feeding his group some $ARM

They all gonna be fat and happy.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Huge red candles...
Heineken-Ashi
Rates kept the same. Wonder who predicted that one?

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This feels like a fake dump into continued rally....

Nobody reasonably expected a cut.
EnronAg
AG
extremely hawkish minutes...and the market just doesn't care...meltup in progress
ProgN
Watch Broadcom (AVGO) today. They report earnings after the close. I'd be surprised if they don't announce a stock split today.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Although, if you want to witness one of my very favorite things in the market, pull up the SPY option chain just before announcement. At about 12:59.45 you'll see the machines shut off and hte spreads on the strikes will go HAYWIRE for abotu 15-20 seconds. When they turn them back on, all hell breaks loose. I don't know why, but seeing the market go wonky like that gives me great comfort in knowing it's all "fixed" by machines anyways

What platform are you on that shows live options chains?
McInnis 03
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

McInnis 03 said:

What platform are you on that shows live options chains?
TOS
McInnis 03
AG
if you care to lotto on an up then today's 5500c SPX would be a play here about now. Zero or hero. Take profit when you deem appropriate if able
McInnis 03
AG
SPY showing weak here early in the speech. Is Powell taking questions after he talks?
El_duderino
Yes
ProgN
FTR: I did just sell and now very much in cash.
McInnis 03
AG
This SPY up and down action is called the "CHOMP" pattern as it's just the teeth going up and down, eating away at premium on the dailies
Heineken-Ashi
PPI tomorrow. Fireworks might be delayed until then.

First Page Last Page
Page 6490 of 6616

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.