Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,976,122 Views | 231555 Replies | Last: 15 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
frenchtoast
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Nice to see the bump on AAPL, considering I'm way too heavy in it.
bhanacik
AG
anyone else still having issues with tos? it's still not letting me in
McInnis 03
AG
bhanacik said:

Try a full delete of the app and then redownloading. I see a lot of people having success with that.
AgCPA95
AG
For Schwab website I was able to switch to Edge from Chrome and get in.
Heineken-Ashi
bhanacik said:

Yes, haven't been able to do **** all day and I'm livid.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
Heineken-Ashi
McInnis 03 said:

bhanacik said:

Try a full delete of the app and then redownloading. I see a lot of people having success with that.
Issue with that is, if you don't have your dashboard saved, you will have to reconfigure everything. I'm pretty sure I saved mine, but I've been daily tweaking things as not all of my studies and preferences transferred over with the move to Schwab.

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
EnronAg
AG
this red to green...strong buying into close...every day for like the past 10 days hitting ATH almost every other day has to just rip the hearts out of the bears out there...when does thing see some mean reversion or small(ish) pullback...this market is just sooooooo strong...
McInnis 03
AG
GME is running again, imagine that. Offering must be complete.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
bhanacik said:

I've been in since 9ish but there's something wrong with my spx chart, the red function seems to have stopped working?

Srsly though i just realized my volume indicator is missing today edit: I'm dum. It's because my chart defaulted to spx instead of /es
Chef Elko
AG
I still cant get in. I don't have anything pressing to open or close but come on, what a S show.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
EnronAg said:

this red to green...strong buying into close...every day for like the past 10 days hitting ATH almost every other day has to just rip the hearts out of the bears out there...when does thing see some mean reversion or small(ish) pullback...this market is just sooooooo strong...
As a perpetual "buy the dip" guy, I've been having a pretty damn good month.
bmoochie
AG
EnronAg said:

I honestly think the opposite. I could be wrong but I see a world were everyone is seeing the above playout sucking in all the dip buyers and then one day its going to fall off a cliff and not stop for a few days.
bmoochie
AG
Play I am watching for a cheap scalp is DKNG. Gap fill is so close and you can go out to July for pretty Cheap $40s to scalp some easy money. Fills the gap and you can bank some easy date night money.
beb08
AG
bmoochie said:

EnronAg said:

I honestly think the opposite. I could be wrong but I see a world were everyone is seeing the above playout sucking in all the dip buyers and then one day its going to fall off a cliff and not stop for a few days.
I'm definitely not an expert but I have this sentiment so I'm making small buys on the dips with the majority of my position in cash.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
EnronAg said:

...this market is just sooooooo strong...

I know it's your schtick but dude... the market is green today because of aapl, that's it. Not exactly what I'd call resilient
confucius_ag
AG
Oracle with OpenAI/Microsoft and Google partnerships. Up 8% AH
"Me not know, me not tell, me push button and run like hell."
Aggie Dad 26
I couldn't get in this morning with Schwab but have been on for several hours now.
Imsodopey
AG
miss my Ameritrade account.
Heineken-Ashi
Those who got in on CORZ and received warrants.. here's what I'm doing..

CORZ price target is $11.50-$12.50. I plan to sell enough of my base shares there to go net free.

CORZW warrants are executable until 2027 as long as price is above $6.81. If executed, each warrant will give you 1 share at that price. Goal is to execute when CORZ price is far above the $6.81.

CORZZ warrants are executable until 2029. As long as price is above $8.72, you can exercise for 1 cent at that price. Goal is the same - execute when CORZ is well above $8.72.

We've got 3 years to execute the W's and 5 years to execute the Z's. I'm willing to take my chances that any selloff will be recovered and start a new trend to a degree higher in price. So like I said, plan is to go net free at or near target, then hang on. If price gets above $15, will probably execute some of the W's. If price goes above $20, might execute all.

If I sold all stock and warrants today, I'd be at a 3x. But simply executing the warrants to shares and selling the shares will get you more than that (I think).

bhanacik
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

Everyone put Boeing on your radar. If it comes back between $175 and $185 wait for a bounce. Buy and set stop just below that low. Looking for $220 min and $245 max by election.
BA got to 182.75 today and had the bounce you were looking for. Will look at entering tomorrow morning
bhanacik
AG
giddings_ag_06 said:

MARA at $17.75 seems like a good buy.
this would've worked out nicely today. you pretty much called the LOD
cgh1999
AG
bhanacik said:

giddings_ag_06 said:

Ughh - I put in a big call order and just missed my limit.
Aggie Dad 26
Take a look at ACGLN and tell me what y'all think. I'm new to this and this one caught my attention
spud1910
AG
Thanks for the update. First time in warrants for me, so that helps me to better understand. I am also almost at 3X if I sold it all now. And just to make sure I understand, the W's I can execute and purchase for the $6.81 per share. And the Z's at $8.72 +1c or $8.73 a share as long as those prices hold?
giddings_ag_06
AG
bhanacik said:

giddings_ag_06 said:

Yea, lucky guess, but I grabbed 50 more shares there and now riding all of them to HA's $24 or so.
ToddyHill
AG
I'm in the same boat. I've enjoyed the ride owning AAPL, but have been thinking I need to sell some. The problem is the capital gain. Ironically, I moved some AAPL into my charitable giving account a couple weeks ago when it was around $190. Just another example of not being able to time the market...at least for me.
Heineken-Ashi
spud1910 said:

Thanks for the update. First time in warrants for me, so that helps me to better understand. I am also almost at 3X if I sold it all now. And just to make sure I understand, the W's I can execute and purchase for the $6.81 per share. And the Z's at $8.72 +1c or $8.73 a share as long as those prices hold?
No, unless I'm missing something, the Z's are literally just a cent to execute. That's your cost. But they have to be over that price to be executable.

spud1910
AG
Wow, that would be nice! I wondered, but thought surely not.
Heineken-Ashi
spud1910 said:

Wow, that would be nice! I wondered, but thought surely not.
Here's an illustration. And yes, this is my position in one of my accounts.

The top table is based on today's closing prices. CORZW warrants are trading at a 57% discount to the stock, while CORZZ warrants are trading at a 14% discount.

CORZW requires purchase of the shares at $6.81 to execute. The second table shows that if the relationship between the symbols stayed the same, a $16 CORZ price would give a value for CORZW at roughly breakeven of the execution price to convert the warrants to shares. So $6.84 is the first target for CORZW. Why? Because once it crosses that threshold, people will be able to sell warrants to offset the cost of execution. Now, you won't have any warrants left to execute, but it's technically the breakeven. So smart investors won't be executing those until their value reaches at least the level, and likely significantly higher. If one can sell a portion to raise enough capital to offset the cost of executing the rest, that would be ideal, as they don't technically increase their cost basis while obtaining new shares of the underlying CORZ.

CORZZ is only a small discount though. Why? Well.. when you can buy the warrants and immediately convert them to shares for a penny each, as long as CORZZ is at ANY discount to CORZ, it's a good deal. So I would expect the price of those to continue to rise toward the underlying CORZ price as long as CORZ is trading at, near, or above $8.72 which is the threshold for execution.

Assuming the stock got to $16 and I execute all warrants, I would increase my cost from $11,750 to $29k. While I could have sold all stock and warrants without executing and gotten nearly 500% return on my original capital, it's not necessarily the return that matters here. Because if I execute the warrants and immediately sell the shares I'm given, I'm guaranteed nearly $11k more in actual profit, bur frankly, it's $28k more. Because I don't necessarily care that I spent more money to get there. Either way, I started with $11,500. So would I rather end with $98k, or $70k, knowing that the $17k extra I have to spend to get the $98k is immediately returned. Well that's where the XIRR formula comes in best. Because there's no time associated with the loss of my $17k, I don't get punishes for spending it to immediately make a higher amount than had I not spent it.

Where it gets tricky is when the prices of CORZW and CORZZ move in different correlations to the underlying, or if it takes significantly longer to reach a target price to sell anything at.. or even if it falls soon and doesn't recover for a long time, if ever. Or if you plan to convert and hold longer. It's quite complicated. So a defined plan going in is recommended.

spud1910
AG
Thank you for explaining this so well. I moved from buy and hold about 5 years ago to dipping my toes in the trading world. You and others on this thread that take the time to tell us what you do and why is invaluable.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'm in the same boat. I originally sold about 30% of my AAPL shares at around $180, ended up buying a lot of them back around $165-170.

Now I'm sitting on even more gains than before, and sort of tempted to sell. The cap gains will hurt though...
Dan Scott
AG
1 month ago GME was trading at 10/share. Today GME had $10/share in cash.

That's crazy.
EliteZags
AG
yea been meaning to ask and will prob copy this on a less frantic thread:

how do all of you perpetual traders deal with the taxes?

one of my main draws towards sticking mostly to long fundamental holds plus indexes is the unappealing stigma of losing 40%+ of the gains in the following year
maybe will make more sense to get into when I FIRE hopefully within a few years
Chipotlemonger
AG
Here's a simple way to approach it. Treat all returns as income once you cash out. Set aside a portion of it for taxes when the time comes.
EnronAg
AG
shocker! CPI cool by a tenth of a % on all metrics...I hate being gaslit with these CPI numbers...

but, the question is, does the Fed add fuel to the fire? or bring the markets back down to earth? I know which direction I'm betting.
First Page Last Page
Page 6488 of 6616

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.