Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,977,197 Views | 231555 Replies | Last: 17 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
Heineken-Ashi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Remember when Berkshire, Barrick gold, and Chipotle all had those massive "errors" a week or two ago? And I said.. would we even know if there was a hack? Could they admit to something like that without causing a massive selloff?

Trying not to be a conspiracy nut, but there's a lot of stuff randomly not working and glitching lately. If I can't rely on being able to log into my broker, why am I with them? How do I know this won't happen again? Is my money safe?

All questions you should be asking. Especially if the explanation for things is "we had a glitch" or "we pushed through an update and something broke, but its ok because we fixed it".
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
Heineken-Ashi
CAVA got into resistance and had a nice reversal. Need to see a new low to confirm downward path, but signs are looking good. Resistance stands at $90.30 region.

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

I'm buying spy puts for friday. Cpi/fomc this week and we're right around my greater upper trendline

At least these are getting greener by the minute
McInnis 03
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

Remember when Berkshire, Barrick gold, and Chipotle all had those massive "errors" a week or two ago? And I said.. would we even know if there was a hack? Could they admit to something like that without causing a massive selloff?

Trying not to be a conspiracy nut, but there's a lot of stuff randomly not working and glitching lately. If I can't rely on being able to log into my broker, why am I with them? How do I know this won't happen again? Is my money safe?

All questions you should be asking. Especially if the explanation for things is "we had a glitch" or "we pushed through an update and something broke, but its ok because we fixed it".
Ever since TOS switched to schwab it's been reliably bad so I'd be more worried if it were working properly.
giddings_ag_06
AG
MARA at $17.75 seems like a good buy.
El_duderino
Could get interesting with SPX below 5340
Heineken-Ashi
giddings_ag_06 said:

MARA at $17.75 seems like a good buy.
Broke below the channel it was in and I got stopped. BTC is down and pointing "potentially" lower.

LMCane
Anastasia Beaverhaven said:

gggmann said:

Thoughts on Wednesday's CPI and Thursday's jobless claims & PPI?

They won't be good but somehow the market will go up.

they will claim "well we expected higher inflation so it is in line with expectations!"

and the march upward will continue

at least until it doesn't.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Schwab/tos back to (awful) normal
AgCPA95
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

Schwab/tos back to (awful) normal
Just got a promotional email from Schwab wanting me to sign up for some financial planning tool. Great timing a-holes.
McInnis 03
AG
$SHOP on an upgrade today thinking about testing a BIG ass gap from a short while back. Above $64.20 could be colorful.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
AAPL about to hit $200..
Heineken-Ashi
If MARA does bounce here, the upper resistance is still 25-$26 range. If you are in and it gets over $23, I'd move stop up and guarantee your gains.

CC09LawAg
Legitimately curious - how can they halt GME when it shows a 5% recovery on similar volume to previous days, yet they'll let it melt down for days prior with no halt?

How do they justify this? And please spare me "tHe AlGoRiThM" nonsense. That is clearly not what is going on here.
McInnis 03
AG
I still can't access the TOS app on my phone, really frustrating.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
"Volatility halts are single stock circuit breaker halts that trigger 5-minute halts on fast price spikes or drops that exceed the acceptable trading price range (ATPR) for 15-seconds. The ATPR is calculated as the average price of the previous 5-minute trading period.

Different stocks have different ATPR ranges. Volatility halts trigger when shares exceed 5% of the ATPR for Tier 1 National Market Systems (NMS) listed securities on the S&P 500 and Russell 2000 priced above $3.00-per share between 9:45 am EST to 3:30 pm EST market hours and 10% of the first 15-minutes and last 25-minutes of market hours."
I really think they have the high frequency trading machines gaming the system to suppress price range for 5 minute increments then allow it to spike, triggering the halt. Next stop uranus (or ken griffin's)
CC09LawAg
So they hammer it with volume to keep it flat/allow it to trickle down slowly, and any attempt to bring it up drastically gets stopped?
Number Monkey
AG
Got stopped out of URA for a nice gain (not as nice as it was a week ago, though). Are we still bullish on metals? Seems to be really choppy as of late...
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
That's my theory
CC09LawAg
That makes sense. It is clear that something "out of the ordinary" is happening but I'm too clueless to know how the game is played at that level.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I was able to log into TOS/Schwab, but I had to set it up on my device again for some reason. (Like I'd never logged in before.)
McInnis 03
AG
Deleted APP on my phone, reinstalled and now in (TOS)
tailgatetimer10
AG
I'm looking for an entry here, what's the deal behind their slide
Talon2DSO
AG
$HUMA under $7 now. Aug 10 is the FDA decision day. Might be good buy opportunity
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Holy crap, AAPL. Can't remember the last time I saw it do 5% or more.
McInnis 03
AG
1 stock doing all the work today.

El Chupacabra
McInnis 03 said:

I still can't access the TOS app on my phone, really frustrating.
I can't access anything Schwab related still.
Heineken-Ashi
I think AAPL gets to $215-$220 range.

Brewmaster
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Holy crAAPL. Can't remember the last time I saw it do 5% or more.
fify, lol
El_duderino
It's because the iPad finally gets the iOS calculator app.
McInnis 03
AG
Now it all adds up.
LMCane
Brewmaster said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Holy crAAPL. Can't remember the last time I saw it do 5% or more.
fify, lol

amazing that during the AAPL WWCD conference by the end of the day in after hours the stock was down 2%...

only to be up 6.2% eighteen hours later.

that makes sense!
El_duderino
Diggity
AG
question about a company I've been following.

Why would a company "voluntarily delist" from the NASDAQ and go on the OTC market?

They weren't trading below a dollar or anything like that, but I can't imagine you would do this if you didn't have a good reason. Can't think of any positive of going on OTC...maybe lower compliance requirements?
Ranger222
AG
A lot of ASO VWAPs coalescing at 45-46 area, and IPO AVWAP is at 43. 45-46 would be a great buying area
First Page Last Page
Page 6487 of 6616

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.