Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,978,608 Views | 231555 Replies | Last: 19 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
Heineken-Ashi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
LMCane said:

Thoughts on Charter and UNH United Healthcare

both were huge pickups in Q1 from institutional investors
This probably isn't very helpful, but it's a snapshot of the longer term trends and the zones this could fall in.

Notice the recent break of the lower channel. Not good. Most likely means it is within a bounce that will terminate at or under ATH before falling much deeper. Not a guarantee, but that's usually the case.

The yellow box represents the zone it should stay in within that bounce if that were the case. The red zone would be if it initiates full bearish. The light green zone would be if it initiate's full bullish. And the dark green is the longer term zone if it stays full bullish. If it doesn't rise significantly soon, then it's just trading along that lower channel and threatening to breach bearish. I would keep a sharp eye on that if you are long.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
EnronAg
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

I'm buying spy puts for friday. Cpi/fomc this week and we're right around my greater upper trendline
SPX 5,400 this week...no stopping this train...
Heineken-Ashi
POWL resistance levels

R1 - $172
R2 - $179-$181 range
R3 - $186-$188 range
R4 - $195

Supports

S1 - $163
S2 - $153

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

One more intraday note....AAPL is pushing close to ATH and I think their WWDC is today at noon central.

Not gonna say it's a certainly, but Apple is NOTORIOUS for selling off during or just after their conferences start. It'd be very fitting to lure eveyrone in with a runup and then a rug pull, but you know how it goes.

This has to be the surest trade in trading.
EnronAg
AG
I think it's a head fake this time...selling off now...but the first mention of AI a couple of times will have this thing ripping...and SPY at another ATH
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Took profits on 40 of my 100 SSO shares. +12%
Brewmaster
AG
AgCPA95 said:

giddings_ag_06 said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

ASO earnings tomorrow.

I'm surprised Academy has been hammered so hard the last quarter. I've been holding a big ASO position for a while and look at today as another chance to grab a little more going into the earnings. They are just too good of a company to stay down. Their current P/E is only like 7.9.
I'm a big fan and rode it from $40's until getting called out at close to $70 a few months ago selling call options against my holdings.You just sucked me back in!!!
the chart got my attention. Low risk/ high reward looks like to me, at a trend line, but still marching upward.

Brewmaster
AG
SLV buyer about 1 hr ago, 85k shares, bigger buys Friday though.
PLTM getting interesting, but no volume yet.

bought some ASO shares
McInnis 03
AG
EnronAg said:

I think it's a head fake this time...selling off now...but the first mention of AI a couple of times will have this thing ripping...and SPY at another ATH
I guess we both win? Because they said AI and then it went to like 196.50 but about 5 min later it's at 192.50.
EnronAg
AG
he didn't say it enough apparently
McInnis 03
AG
nortex97
AG
What do folks think about CRDO (as a short)? Some insider selling, and it's been on a run.

https://finviz.com/quote.ashx?t=CRDO&b=2&p=d

Also, what was the other site ProgN used for ideas? I can't find it. Thx.
Ag CPA
AG
Elon already out saying he will ban iPhones for all employees and visitors if OpenAI is integrated at the OS level, this should get interesting.
gggmann
AG
Thoughts on Wednesday's CPI and Thursday's jobless claims & PPI?
Anastasia Beaverhaven
gggmann said:

Thoughts on Wednesday's CPI and Thursday's jobless claims & PPI?

They won't be good but somehow the market will go up.
FTAG 2000
AG
McInnis 03 said:

BTW, people knew on KKR. The open interest (OI) on KKR this week for 105, 107, and 108 is way out of ordinary.

Anyone remember back in the fall when Xi came to San Fran and met with Biden? KKR was the title sponsor of that business summit.

I bought them in the 50s and rode it up, got net free at $100. It feels like dirty money, and I'm sure is just concidental.
El_duderino
nortex97
AG
Some folks predict a dramatic crash is coming. It sounds like the fed will leave rates alone, as per the Euro's and Russians. AAPL looks…interesting.
txaggie_08
AG
Harry Dent been beating that drum a long time.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Slightly tempted to offload a bit off Apple, but on the other hand, this is a perma-hold and I don't need the cash...
AgCPA95
AG
Academy $ASO reports. Raise EPS guidance slightly for 2024

Net Sales Decline (1.4)%; Comparable Sales Decline (5.7)%
GAAP Diluted EPS of $1.01, or $1.08 Adjusted Diluted EPS
Opened Two New Stores During the First Quarter
Returned $132 Million to Shareholders Through Share Repurchases and Dividends

KATY, Texas, June 11, 2024 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Academy Sports and Outdoors, Inc. (Nasdaq: ASO) ("Academy" or the "Company") today announced its financial results for the first quarter ended May 4, 2024.
Steve Lawrence, Chief Executive Officer, commented, "As expected, our first quarter results reflect that our customers remain under pressure in the current economic environment. We will navigate through the remainder of the year by continuing to lean into our position as the value leader in our space, while also inspiring customers to shop through introductions and expansions of new and innovative products. We will also continue making strategic investments in our long-range growth initiatives. We are pleased that we drove a positive comp in our new stores and omnichannel business. Academy has the right elements in place to achieve our long-range goals: a well-established business model, an experienced leadership team and a strong balance sheet."

Subsequent to the end of the first quarter, on June 6, 2024, Academy's Board of Directors declared a quarterly cash dividend of $0.11 per share of common stock. The dividend is payable on July 18, 2024, to stockholders of record as of the close of business on June 20, 2024.
Carl Ford, Chief Financial Officer, said, "Academy generated $200 million in cash from operations during the quarter. We believe that investing this cash into the pillars of our long-range plan will result in long-term, sustainable sales and profit growth for Academy and our shareholders. To that end, in the first quarter, we invested $32 million of capital back into the Company, repurchased $124 million in stock, and paid $8 million in dividends. We are focused on driving traffic, managing our inventory to maintain margins, and controlling expenses as we invest in our growth initiatives."

New Store Openings
Academy opened two new stores during the first quarter. The Company plans to open 15 to 17 stores in 2024.

2024 Outlook
Academy is reiterating its previous sales and net income guidance for fiscal 2024, while updating its earnings per share forecast to reflect the share repurchase activity completed in the first quarter.
giddings_ag_06
AG
Down over 6% this morning. Just going to ride it out now. It's always been an accumulate stock for me though. Oh well.
cgh1999
AG
giddings_ag_06 said:

Down over 6% this morning. Just going to ride it out now. It's always been an accumulate stock for me though. Oh well.

I've got a sizeable position. Bought a chunk of puts for this week in case of a pull back. Will take those profits and buy some shares.
Brewmaster
AG
ASO has good buying around 51 premarket. I'm going to hold and set a stop. Probably bigs just scooping cheap shares.
McInnis 03
AG
Schwab is really throwing ThinkOrSwim down the tubes.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Such garbage, i can't even log in this morning
McInnis 03
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

Such garbage, i can't even log in this morning
Yup, I think the whole thing is down at the moment. X is alive with commentary on it.
El_duderino
Good thing I don't have any important positions to take care of at the open on ToS
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Hopefully this means they are trying to figure out how to keep gme from going to uranus
McInnis 03
AG
I'm able to get in on the TOS login for the web.

trade.thinkorswim.com
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

I'm able to get in on the TOS login for the web.

trade.thinkorswim.com
Anddddd not anymore.
Heineken-Ashi
Revised stop on ASO to $48.75. That's a log mode 76.4% retrace. Absolutely not ideal, but a common landing place when the following move will likely be lower than the anticipated impulse we were previously expecting. Below that and I'm out and putting my money to better use.

giddings_ag_06
AG
Aaand Academy is now up. It's weird feeling so dumb when you're in the green. None of it makes sense.
Maximus_Meridius
AG
I'm not sure it's necessarily TOS only, IBKR is being a bit weird for me this morning, too (well, weird for IBKR anyway, it's always been a bit weird).
First Page Last Page
Page 6486 of 6616

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.