Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,977,203 Views | 231555 Replies | Last: 17 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
El_duderino
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm pretty sure I saw a 2025 strike that was around $.70 someone entered into for $650,000 total. Valued at 52mm when I checked after reading it a couple days ago. Someone always knows
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Nancy?
El_duderino
CRWD, KKR, and GDDY into the S&P. PLTR and DELL passed over again
Aggie Dad 26
I'm looking at buying some stocks to hold (months/years)

Thoughts on AMC, $200 worth at $4.50 per
Heineken-Ashi
Aggie Class of 2026 said:

Get away from the meme stocks.

Monday buy KVUE. Currently $18.39. Set a stop at $17.80 which is a hair below the recent low. Below that and downside is not protected at any level. Make sure your stop is "good to close". Target $23.50-$25.00. On 100 shares, the stop puts your max loss around $50. The minimum target is $500 gain. Your potential minimum gain is 10x your risk and a 32% overall gain. If you get stopped, you lost 3%.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
Heineken-Ashi
Everyone put Boeing on your radar. If it comes back between $175 and $185 wait for a bounce. Buy and set stop just below that low. Looking for $220 min and $245 max by election.

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
Heineken-Ashi
Not going to be able to update this every day but will try. Added some new ones as well as ASO. The buy signal was lower than $57, but that's around when I noticed it.

Aggie Dad 26
Heineken-Ashi said:

Monday buy KVUE. Currently $18.39. Set a stop at $17.80 which is a hair below the recent low. Below that and downside is not protected at any level. Make sure your stop is "good to close". Target $23.50-$25.00. On 100 shares, the stop puts your max loss around $50. The minimum target is $500 gain. Your potential minimum gain is 10x your risk and a 32% overall gain. If you get stopped, you lost 3%.
Dividends, reinvest?
Heineken-Ashi

Heineken-Ashi said:

Dividends, reinvest?

Your call. It's a shorter term play.

Brewmaster
AG
Trade it shorter term and take the big win. just my 2 cents, Heineken also teaches, look for the 10x type plays. Meaning 10x your stop loss. So if stop is at 3% below entry, potential win is 30%. These are no brainer plays.

Here's BA as an example, great find Heine. So enter after reversal (if it retests175 or even 160's). Let's say it touches 175 next week and we enter. Then our stop is 5% off 175. So 166.25. If below that you're out, and good chance it retests recent low around 160. Set a wider stop would be 10% (never go beyond a 10% stop), keeping you in at 160, but cut bait if it forms new low.

P.S. you found the greatest trading thread ever. Stay here and much you will learn! (I'm still learning!)

gggmann
AG
I have a couple of questions for those of you using Schwab:

I've been using for about a year since my Ameritrade account was converted over. I have a a portion in cash which i have in SWVXX. Schwab lets me sell CSPs against it, and if assigned, I just get a notice to add cash and I then sell enough to cover the purchase.

On the other hand, Schwab will not let me open VPCS's against SWVXX. I have to keep enough money in cash to cover those positions. Anyone know why that is?

Today, I logged in and saw that I have a notice to add cash even though it was fine yesterday. I'm thinking it is because I have a VPCS open on NVDA which is in the middle of processing its 10:1 split. I don't understand why I would need to add cash funds though since the overall max loss should be the same. Any insights on this one?
Aggie Dad 26
Heineken-Ashi said:

I was looking to do a small investment (first) since I'm new to this and really don't fully understand things yet. Looking at KVUE, I set things up as you directed but didn't go through with it in a way to just learn. Example, "good to close," I didn't know what that was until I tinkered around on my Charles Schwab account and finally saw "GTC." I also see where you can enter the dollar amount etc..

Does buying stock in the manner you're suggesting make any sense if I only plan on buying 10-15 shares?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Honestly I would avoid these kind of plays for at least a year while you get into the swing of things. I'd recommend just opening your main position on SWPPX, and doing anything else on your Thinkorswim paper trading account.

I speak from experience, not worth getting into risky plays like that this early.
Heineken-Ashi

Heineken-Ashi said:

I was looking to do a small investment (first) since I'm new to this and really don't fully understand things yet. Looking at KVUE, I set things up as you directed but didn't go through with it in a way to just learn. Example, "good to close," I didn't know what that was until I tinkered around on my Charles Schwab account and finally saw "GTC." I also see where you can enter the dollar amount etc..

Does buying stock in the manner you're suggesting make any sense if I only plan on buying 10-15 shares?
Absolutely. It's all about learning and gaining experience.

Just make sure you log every trade.

Ticker, date, entry price, stop level, target level. When you sell, jot down the date and sell price.

Aggie Dad 26
Heineken-Ashi said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

Ticker, date, entry price, stop level, target level. When you sell, jot down the date and sell price.

For clarity, I'm supposed to sell at $23.50-$25.00, which could be hours, days or weeks later?

Is that your projection? I'm not holding you to anything. I'm a big boy
Heineken-Ashi

Heineken-Ashi said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

For clarity, I'm supposed to sell at $23.50-$25.00, which could be hours, days or weeks later?

Is that your projection? I'm not holding you to anything. I'm a big boy
This is actually quite complicated, because some targets come more directly and some take time and up and down chop before finally hitting. When I give a minimum target, it's usually a significant pivot level that will cause a selloff. I almost always recommend taking profit on 50-75% of your position at the minimum in case the stock fails from there. You leave "runners" for the max. I'll update along the way if it indeed plays out like I expect and advise on when and where to move stop to. The goal is to get in low and ride the uptrend.

Aggie Dad 26
Ok great. Thanks for responding. Monday I'm headed straight to my desktop to read this thread and prepare to buy given the green light is still there
Heineken-Ashi
And I'm not sure when you started following this thread, but this is important..

Almost everything I outline here is a swing buying opportunity. That means you are buying at what might be a low with goal to sell on the next move up. That next move might be quick and fierce (ULTA last week). It might be a move that takes 6 weeks. And it might be a move that doesn't resolve until late 2025. THe point is to get your money aligned in the bull markets.

As much as I despise Cramer, I have to pimp his saying here..

"There's always a bull market somewhere, my job is to help you find it"

If you buy at key lows with stop levels clearly defined from previous price action that limit your risk, you could lose 10 in a row. But if you hit 1-2 others, the wins should far outpace the limited losses. You will never ever get perfect at nailing bottoms or perfect buy spots. But if you learn to identify great low risk, high reward opportunities, you will win more than you lose. And when you do it enough, the wins will start to stack.

Aggie Dad 26
Heineken-Ashi said:

And I'm not sure when you started following this thread, but this is important..

Almost everything I outline here is a swing buying opportunity. That means you are buying at what might be a low with goal to sell on the next move up. That next move might be quick and fierce (ULTA last week). It might be a move that takes 6 weeks. And it might be a move that doesn't resolve until late 2025. THe point is to get your money aligned in the bull markets.

As much as I despise Cramer, I have to pimp his saying here..

"There's always a bull market somewhere, my job is to help you find it"

If you buy at key lows with stop levels clearly defined from previous price action that limit your risk, you could lose 10 in a row. But if you hit 1-2 others, the wins should far outpace the limited losses. You will never ever get perfect at nailing bottoms or perfect buy spots. But if you learn to identify great low risk, high reward opportunities, you will win more than you lose. And when you do it enough, the wins will start to stack.

Sounds like "swing buying" is sort of like "day trading" in a sense but with the idea that you may not be selling the same day. It could very well be days, weeks or whenever. This is exactly what I wanted to learn and do on top of some Index stuff.

I think my biggest issue currently is trying to figure out all the jargon. I see a lot of information that I sense is great stuff but it's pure stock jargon and I get lost quickly.

I initially thought all day, or swing trading was nothing more than simply buying low, waiting for a sizeable spike and selling. I'm putting it together now that it's more than that. You can lose money even by holding as your individual stock purchases drop?

I've been doing lots of Google searches on This vs That, what does this mean, definitions, and so forth. I've read articles on Buffett, some things that have happened historically in the market, market reports on specific stocks. KVUE, TLSA, TSCO, and many more. Inside those reports have been really helpful but there's still more I need to learn there and fully understand
Heineken-Ashi

ProgN

Ok great. Thanks for responding. Monday I'm headed straight to my desktop to read this thread and prepare to buy given the green light is still there
Hey man, HA and others are giving you excellent advice and we all want you and everyone to be successful. No one in our clubhouse are arrogant or condescending, we're the polar opposite of that. Nothing makes HA, me and other experienced traders happier than folks trying something new and avoiding the landmines that we stepped on a long time ago. Welcome to the clubhouse and don't hesitate to ask any questions, there are no dumb questions. In here we are all on the same team, we want everyone to make a lot of money and that gives you more freedom. (Nod to 30K).

Hey fam, life returning to more normal and getting my head above water after the tornado aftermath. I'm ready to be more active. That said, I'm still not taking on new positions because I don't see any opportunities in my favor at these levels.
Maximus_Meridius
AG
Are we still recommending John Carter's Mastering the Trade? That book was very helpful for my trading.
lobwedgephil
Maximus_Meridius said:

Are we still recommending John Carter's Mastering the Trade? That book was very helpful for my trading.
Very good book.would also recommend anyone very long to respect your stops and where you would be happy taking profits. Seasonality suggest we keep running, But there was some very large institutional positioning this week as well. Someone knows something, as they always do. Be smart, but don't be afraid to take profits where you are happy. Massive week ahead with FOMC and CPI on the same day.
BaylorSpineGuy
Maybe worth taking a look at DDD. Beaten down small cap that just recently had goal posts and is forming a small cup/handle pattern. Completion of cup was the second goal post last week. Inverted green hammer on the weekly to break above 10 wk MA.

Caution: looking up DDD on Twitter. You're liable to find some Prog quality pics and videos ;-).

Lemme know everyone's thoughts…
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Ask all the questions you want, especially outside of trading hours, but also there are reading recommendations at the beginning of this thread, and there's actually a thread dedicated to swing trading, feel free to bump it with ideas/questions (or backtest...except everybody's a genius in a bull market so....) https://texags.com/forums/57/topics/3120252/1#discussion
ProgN
Test
Bocephus
AG
ProgN said:

Test

You passed
TAMU ‘98 Ole Miss ‘21
ProgN
Bocephus said:

ProgN said:

Test

You passed

Pleasant surprise
Aggie Dad 26
Amazing group here.
ProgN

Amazing group here.
Best thread on TexAgs
El_duderino
ProgN said:

Amazing group here.
Best thread on TexAgs

Only one I'm on anymore these days
TheVarian
AG
Same. Staph and goobers who shouldn't have access to keyboards have made the site insufferable sadly.
Quacked
Did I hear full port KVUE monday??
ProgN
https://seekingalpha.com/article/4698236-powell-industries-fears-have-likely-peaked-time-to-turn-bullish-upgrade?mailingid=35659142&messageid=must_reads&serial=35659142.871008&source=email_must_reads&utm_campaign=email_mr%3Aevergreen_premium_eligible%2B2024-06-09&utm_content=seeking_alpha&utm_medium=email&utm_source=seeking_alpha&utm_term=must_reads_free_eligible

Where's my favorite Beaver and other POWL peeps?

This is a good article and explains a lot. It's well worth your time.
Heineken-Ashi
Quacked said:

Did I hear full port KVUE Monday??
I like the R/R. Like every play, it could certainly fail and get stopped. What's your opinion on the chart / company?

First Page Last Page
Page 6484 of 6616

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.