Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,980,701 Views | 231555 Replies | Last: 23 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
FTAG 2000
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

Swollen Thumb said:

I think the feds are up to something in cahoots with this guy. Who goes all in $175mm on a single crap stock? It makes a great fairytale and maybe he is a genius, but just doesn't smell right to me. Too many smart folks out there who could do the same if it were so easy. Why him after disappearing for 2+years? Very fishy.
Been saying this too. Obviously nothing to back it up. It just doesn't smell right. I always go back to the fact that every huge drawdown in in the markets ends up wiping out the majority of people while those at the top end up making money on the way down and then again at the bottom by buying up the stocks everyone else sold. Buffett has a huge cash position. Jamie Dimon is publicly stating warnings. Now we have the new wave of meme craze, out of the freaking blue. It just smells really really bad.

And Bitcoin and nvda at or close to all time highs.
Chef Elko
AG
The second it hit 7pm powers at work are working hard to push GME lower lol
idAg09
Sold my GameStop today right under $42 once it doubled. Should have let the profit ride
Heineken-Ashi
Heineken-Ashi said:

MARA - trend channeling upward. $19.20 support and $25 resistance. S&R are rising with each day. My guess is $25-$26 by sometime next week then reversal. But you never know.

Despite the faulty headlines, CORZ was not offered a buyout. It entered into a 12y-ear contract with CoreWeave to host its Nvidia GPUs. CORZ will provide 200mw. Should be ready to go in 2025 with revenue expectations of ~$300M. Other miners ran a little with it today and potential prospects of similar deals that could be worth much higher. Something to keep an eye on.
So CORZ was actually offered the buyout at $5.75 per share. Sorry for conflicting info. They flat our rejected stating they are worth far more. The 12-year contract was entered into.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
Brewmaster
AG
Chef Elko said:

McInnis 03 said:

FFIE the penny meme will be lotto consideration tmrw

I put some money to work with FFIE before the close. GME money will cycle here
and AMC too. the last meme rocket ship AMC was just a day or 2 behind.

Agree with you all that something is strange with this guy, like he knew this was going to happen.
Heineken-Ashi
Here's everything I've initiated or posted entries for in the last week. For future reference, and because I use this format on my own position tracker..

B=Buy
S=Sell
BC=Buy call
SC=Sell Call
BP=Buy Put
SP=Sell Put

If there's a third letter like "BPO", that's just my own habit saying "Buy put open", as my own personal tracker uses open and close triggers.

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
Heineken-Ashi
Forgot to input CAVA. Bought June $80 put when it was around $91. Looking for $75. Updated today that will likely sell half once it crosses $82 and shows signs of bouncing on a support. Premium paid was stopbut above $92.60 likely invalidates it.

Aggie Dad 26
I'm new to this. Should I be buying a few GME stocks? I've been reading and saw the news on "Roaring Kitty"
I don't want to miss out on some type of crazy opportunity
Also, if I'm buying GME stocks, do I hold for a few days, months, or years? I'm only asking because I feel like this is some sort of situation that you buy and then sell once. Roaring Kitty" is done?

Sorry for the noob questions. Thanks
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Just know that you're equally likely to gain or lose 50% of your investment in a matter of hours.
CC09LawAg
Get a TradingView account, download the app and/or use a browser, pick 5 or 10 stocks you see mentioned in this thread, and watch them and paper trade for a month.

That is my advice before you dip your toes into using any kind of real money on anything other than long term hold ETFs/index funds.
CC09LawAg
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Just know that you're equally likely to gain or lose 50% of your investment in a matter of hours.

Hours might be a generous timeframe on that one.
AggieT
AG
Buy a share or two and see what happens. Worst case you are out about $80.
EliteZags
AG
Aggie Class of 2026 said:

I'm new to this. Should I be buying a few GME stocks? I've been reading and saw the news on "Roaring Kitty"
Also, if I'm buying GME stocks, do I hold for a few days, months, or years? I'm only asking because I feel like this is some sort of situation that you buy and then sell once. Roaring Kitty" is done?

as much as this post is the prototypical signal of time to sell I'm diamond handing my house money shares into the madness of the morning
GreasenUSA
AG

Others have posted some good advice in response to this.

My advice (to you) is a simple "no".

Chef Elko
AG
EliteZags said:

as much as this post is the prototypical signal of time to sell I'm diamond handing my house money shares into the madness of the morning

RangerRick9211
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

Swollen Thumb said:

I think the feds are up to something in cahoots with this guy. Who goes all in $175mm on a single crap stock? It makes a great fairytale and maybe he is a genius, but just doesn't smell right to me. Too many smart folks out there who could do the same if it were so easy. Why him after disappearing for 2+years? Very fishy.
Been saying this too. Obviously nothing to back it up. It just doesn't smell right. I always go back to the fact that every huge drawdown in in the markets ends up wiping out the majority of people while those at the top end up making money on the way down and then again at the bottom by buying up the stocks everyone else sold. Buffett has a huge cash position. Jamie Dimon is publicly stating warnings. Now we have the new wave of meme craze, out of the freaking blue. It just smells really really bad.

Nah, dude has been posting and live streaming this thesis for 5 years.

Either back it up or STFU.
AGSmith
AG
GME at 62 AH… a lot of y'all making money. I'm just getting out of trade restrictions from my job (legal not trading), so looking forward to learning more from y'all, again
Aggie Dad 26
CC09LawAg said:

Get a TradingView account, download the app and/or use a browser, pick 5 or 10 stocks you see mentioned in this thread, and watch them and paper trade for a month.

That is my advice before you dip your toes into using any kind of real money on anything other than long term hold ETFs/index funds.
I'm pulling a CD out later this year on its maturing date. That money is going into an S&P 500 index.
Aggie Dad 26
GreasenUSA said:

I appreciate everyone's input and I really mean that. I have been reading, watching YouTube videos, watching stocks during the day, and reading graphs of stocks. I want to get this right when I start investing. The one thing I feel comfortable with is an S&P 500 index. I have narrowed that down to a few.

I just couldn't help but wonder on this Game Stop ordeal. I don't know enough to fully understand what's going on there. It appears some YouTuber that's a known investor is playing with a bunch of money and a lot of peoples emotions. Did some of you buy earlier when the shares were $40ish and are selling the moment he does what he's claiming? Selling right before?

GME is rising fast but I'm guessing it will crash quickly and go back to a dollar or so.
Heineken-Ashi
RangerRick9211 said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

Swollen Thumb said:

Nah, dude has been posting and live streaming this thesis for 5 years.

Either back it up or STFU.

EliteZags
AG
obvs don't just buy/sell based on them but of the mainstream channels that are sensible, any number of them for index investing, long fundamental holds- Jeremy Lefebvre(Financial Education) and Tom Nash, trading/options -Meet Kevin (though notifications are just in members discord, used to be mostly longs now crushing daytrades), balanced- Amit Kukreja (+Finance Junkies) his daily market open/close streams give good macro news overview
will add social arbitrage swing trading- Dumb Money, one of them's an Ag
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG

GreasenUSA said:

I appreciate everyone's input and I really mean that. I have been reading, watching YouTube videos, watching stocks during the day, and reading graphs of stocks. I want to get this right when I start investing. The one thing I feel comfortable with is an S&P 500 index. I have narrowed that down to a few.

I just couldn't help but wonder on this Game Stop ordeal. I don't know enough to fully understand what's going on there. It appears some YouTuber that's a known investor is playing with a bunch of money and a lot of peoples emotions. Did some of you buy earlier when the shares were $40ish and are selling the moment he does what he's claiming? Selling right before?

GME is rising fast but I'm guessing it will crash quickly and go back to a dollar or so.

I rode the GME madness last time in 2020/2021. I'll put it this way, it's not for the fraught. I have learned MAGNITUDES more since that time period in trading and markets, etc. Which has led me to be convinced that I am better putting 95% of my funds into the S&P500 or $VTI (total market index) ETFs. You will make a better rate of return on aggregate, over time then hitting it big on some "stonks". You just need to do it consistently over time. My entire portfolio (Roth, old 401Ks, reg account) is ~92% in those two ETFs.

If I had heeded my own advice when I was your age and get to where I am at by 33, I'd be like one of my ol' buddies who did exact that and now is worth ~$2.5M between his paid off mortgaged house and his portfolio. He freaks out watching his $5K of Tesla shares go down a bit, but is ok with plowing 85% of his paycheck into $VOO & $VTI. You tell me who is smarter?(hint it's not me). He's carefully limited his monthly spending and diligently saved a little by little each month. Helped he bought a house in Dallas before getting married with a $200K mortgage in 2014ish. But still lives there today mortgage free after paying it off 3 years ango or so with gains and is raising his 2 kids with his wife who doesn't work. The guy probably makes ~$175K between salary and EOY bonus.

That's what smart money does. I got cute as a 25-28YR old trying to be fancy investor and lost out on so much better return had I not just DCA'd into index/ETFs. You will learn a ton between graduating (assuming it's in 2026) and getting to ages 25-28 to me at 33 today. I'll be alright but you can learn from me, and all the other great folks & McInnis' here by just watching, reading, learning.

You can invest the $50 into GME and maybe make a few bucks. But you can also buy 1,000 shares of WWR at $7 because seemed like everyone else was on this thread and watch that crater to the earth to $0,50/share. (True story and it wasn't just 1,000 shares - I'll leave it at that). The real gold nuggets to be found here is the collective wisdom and insights we provide that you use through your own established investing filters.

Think of this like farming/ranching and you're tending to your own herd of dollars trying to grow it. But you have access to all the old ass (no offense Prog) ranchers who explain why they think it's about to rain even though there ain't a cloud in the sky and it's sunny.

Be the farmer who still prepares his field for rain even though it's been a drought for years with no rain. Not the farmer who gave up and didn't prepare his.

Edit: one thing I meant to add, I'm riding GME this go-round with 100 shares I bought the early morning hours after Roaring Kitty first tweeted weeks ago at $20 and the 1 call option I bought earlier this week for $200. It's a tiny percentage of my overall portfolio. Just don't ask Brewmaster if I bought more yesterday AH and the day before. Always use stop limits to hedge yourself.
McInnis 03
AG
Lesson in point.

People bought in the mid 60s last night. This morning it's mid 40s.

GME is not for new market participants.
McInnis 03
AG
GME released earnings early and seems they're selling 75MM shares. Checkmate kitty

Dan Scott
AG
WTF GME management
nortex97
AG
A lot of insider selling. Interesting site.

https://finviz.com/insidertrading.ashx?or=-10&tv=100000&tc=7&o=-transactionValue
McInnis 03
AG
Dan Scott said:

WTF GME management
Their job is to insure the long term success of the company, and raising money when teh stock is at these levels is the way to do it. I think they were sitting on $2B in cash after the last share offering.
McInnis 03
AG
Anyone watching anything specific this morning for Lotto Friday?

I was watching $COIN buy holy S they just flushed it so hard.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Dan Scott said:

WTF GME management

New gameplan: dfv gets on his livestream and says he's selling, everybody out.
Tanks cohen's net worth, hedgies win again
McInnis 03
AG
I guess NFP flushed the whole system early here.
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

TMDX gets an upgrade this morning and is holding
LYFT is the same situation.
I bleed maroon
AG
McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

TMDX gets an upgrade this morning and is holding
LYFT is the same situation.
McInnis (es): You know we love you all, here, but next time, post in plain English for the average poster to understand. If something needs a translation, it's not meaningful.

And this goes for other posters, obviously. A post that simply says "GME - Boom!" or just "TNA" is not helpful to other posters.

Just a public service message to improve our community. Thanks!

GreasenUSA
AG
Unemployment actually ticked 4.0 this month.

The Sahm rule, which some of the nerds closely follow, will be widely discussed over the next month as a potential recession signal.

Of course, the editors of the dictionary will be licking their chops too.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Dan Scott said:

WTF GME management
Their job is to insure the long term success of the company, and raising money when teh stock is at these levels is the way to do it. I think they were sitting on $2B in cash after the last share offering.

If DFV keeps converting all of his options to shares like its rumored he did last time, could he own a majority stakeholder position eventually?
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
This are stock tickers... this is a stock thread
First Page Last Page
Page 6479 of 6616

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.