Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,979,602 Views | 231555 Replies | Last: 21 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
South Platte
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BLDE

Charismatic Megafauna
AG
So etrade threatens to kick him off, what if he says fine, I'd like to exercise my options and transfer my shares elsewhere? I imagine that would be a problem for etrade...
Chef Elko
AG
ETrade is fumbling a gift with this. They are a discount broker making enemies with a massive group that supports DFV, a group that was already thrown under the bus with Robinhood. Bold move
deddog
AG
Chef Elko said:

ETrade is fumbling a gift with this. They are a discount broker making enemies with a massive group that supports DFV, a group that was already thrown under the bus with Robinhood. Bold move
They must be getting a lot of pressure from someone, pretty high up on Wall Street or from the Administration.
flashplayer
AG
South Platte said:

BLDE

Yeah. I am giving it 2 more weeks to show signs of life and then probably going to bail on at least half of my calls. Just zero volume and momentum and no meaningful catalyst until August when earnings come in.
Heineken-Ashi
flashplayer said:

South Platte said:

BLDE

Yeah. I am giving it 2 more weeks to show signs of life and then probably going to bail on at least half of my calls. Just zero volume and momentum and no meaningful catalyst until August when earnings come in.
Literally nothing has changed from my last post when I was saying it could see a little lower. To put in terms more people can understand, look at it with 4hr or 1 day candles. If you can't see the reverse H&S, I don't know if I can help you. If it fails, it fails. But you don't bail on this setup until it breaks support IMO, and that comes in right now at $2.70.

This was not a short term play. That's why we bought calls between August and November.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
flashplayer
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

flashplayer said:

South Platte said:

BLDE

Literally nothing has changed from my last post when I was saying it could see a little lower. To put in terms more people can understand, look at it with 4hr or 1 day candles. If you can't see the reverse H&S, I don't know if I can help you. If it fails, it fails. But you don't bail on this setup until it breaks support IMO, and that comes in right now at $2.70.

This was not a short term play. That's why we bought calls between August and November.

Understand, and I am referring to my August calls which probably account for close to half. If it ends up taking off I will still come out ahead for November but would rather get something back in case it does flop. Probably playing it more conservative than I should, but I put a decent bit into it so not wanting to lose 80% of it if I can avoid it. With less than a couple million $ of these shares moving daily, I'm just a little skeptical this one sticks to the script.

If it does pan out I am going to use the profits to fund one hell of a vacation and also donate 10% to your favorite charity.
Heineken-Ashi
Trust me, I get it. And this is a name that hasn't been able to follow through on a move since March of 2022 and that was short lived. But the setup fits both an EW perspective and a common technical perspective. If you need to lessen the load to feel comfortable then do that, as the original guidance was that your stop was premium paid. In fact, if its this much of a worry, I'd day go ahead and do that, even if you take a small loss on that portion. One of the hardest rules to learn, and one that took me a long time and some hard lessons, was to adhere to risk management on every trade, no matter how confident.

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
Heineken-Ashi
Here's just RSI and MACD on daily candles for BLDE.

You can see that RSI might want to come lower. But RSI can move down as a stock consolidates AFTER bottoming. So we watch our stop level based on the H&S pattern. But the positive divergance is clear on MACD. Once it breaks that upper trendline, its likely going to be a firece move.

Heineken-Ashi
Wow. How can you look at this chart and not get excited. LTMAY.

LATAM Airlines Group. OTC stock. Came out of bankruptcy profitable. Apparently really taken off in the Chile market. Here's a ChatGPT summary of their recent earnings..

Quote:

Financial Performance
- Revenue: They earned $3.3 billion, which is 18.4% more than the same period last year.
- Profit:
- Operating Income: They made $441 million from their operations, a big increase of 56.8% from last year.
- Net Income: Their total profit was $259 million, which is up 84.1% from last year.
- EBITDA: Earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation, and amortization were $774 million, up 38.8% from last year.

Highlights
- Passengers:
- They flew 20.2 million passengers, which is 19.4% more than last year.
- International Flights: Passenger numbers increased by 32.5%.
- Domestic Flights in Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru: Passenger numbers increased by 26.0%.
- Domestic Flights in Brazil: Passenger numbers increased by 9.1%.

- Capacity Growth: They increased their overall flight capacity by 17.5%.
- International Flights: Capacity increased by 25.2%.
- Domestic Flights in Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru: Capacity increased by 21.9%.
- Domestic Flights in Brazil: Capacity increased by 4.7%.

- Profit Margin: They had an operating profit margin of 13.9%.

- Cash Generation: They generated $137 million in cash, ending the quarter with $3.0 billion in total available cash.
And they plan to relist on the NYSE, though there are rumors I've seen in random places of a potential secondary offering.

Best case: boom!
Worst case: Crash and burn

This is one, and you won't hear me say this.. ever! This will be decided based on news. Worth a few thousand shares with stop at $0.40.

But look at the chart. The levels are clear as day. If it can get over the green, next resistance is $3.00, then $7.50.

EliteZags
AG
Brewmaster said:

Dan Scott said:

New updated. He didn't sell.

Just posted on Reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Superstonk/s/b3ayVwxV93
wow, didn't sell?? he's not too sharp. **** at least sell half at open this morning. It was clear even to a half assed trader like me it was coming down from that premarket peak.

how hard did you hammer puts this morning?
if there's anything we've learned from this baffling saga is that it defies anything fundamental or technical and any of these spikes can evolve into weeklong inexplicable mad runs like several times in 21 and just a few wks ago, and the one person in the world that's seemed to be able to accurately gauge and even affect it is in deeper than ever with likely close to his entire net worth

currently up another 12% in overnight
spud1910
AG
What did I miss on CORZ?
FishrCoAg
AG
What kind of time frame are you thinking on LTMAY? Weeks, months or longer?
bmoochie
AG
I know this has been discussed a bit on here. Curious who and what affect this will have. Can't imagine it's good.

AgCPA95
AG
Percentage-wise it is still pretty small. Not saying it is good, but I think this article is a bet of a headline grabber.

Here is the entire article:

Unrealized losses in the US banking system are once again on the rise, according to new numbers from the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC).
In its Quarterly Banking Profile report, the FDIC says banks are now saddled with more than half a trillion dollars in paper losses on their balance sheets, due largely to exposure to the residential real estate market.

Unrealized losses represent the difference between the price banks paid for securities and the current market value of those assets.
Although banks can hold securities until they mature without marking them to market on their balance sheets, unrealized losses can become an extreme liability when banks need liquidity.

"Unrealized losses on available-for-sale and held-to-maturity securities increased by $39 billion to $517 billion in the first quarter. Higher unrealized losses on residential mortgage-backed securities, resulting from higher mortgage rates in the first quarter, drove the overall increase. This is the ninth straight quarter of unusually high unrealized losses since the Federal Reserve began to raise interest rates in first quarter 2022."
The FDIC also says that the number of lenders on its Problem Bank List rose last quarter. According to the agency, these banks are on the brink of insolvency due to financial, operational, or managerial weakness or a combination of such issues.

"The number of banks on the Problem Bank List, those with a CAMELS composite rating of '4' or '5' increased from 52 in fourth quarter 2023 to 63 in first quarter 2024. The number of problem banks represented 1.4% of total banks, which was within the normal range for non-crisis periods of 1% to 2% of all banks. Total assets held by problem banks increased $15.8 billion to $82.1 billion during the quarter."
While the FDIC says that the health of the US banking system is at no imminent risk, it warns that persistent inflation, volatile market rates and geopolitical concerns continue to put pressure on the industry.

"These issues could cause credit quality, earnings, and liquidity challenges for the industry. In addition, deterioration in certain loan portfolios, particularly office properties and credit card loans, continues to warrant monitoring. These issues, together with funding and margin pressures, will remain matters of ongoing supervisory attention by the FDIC."
flashplayer
AG
If I recall correctly, Bonfire's timeline posted for this happening back in February or so was we may begin to see this in the summer, and here we are.
flashplayer
AG
That means they only need 27 more banks to be on the problem list before you reach 2% "crisis" threshold. That's 3 quarters away (or 2 depending what fiscal year they're using) if the pattern just observed is linear, which is doubtful.
McInnis 03
AG
man, if we could just sniff out which ones they are and then load up on puts for December.
McInnis 03
AG
$JPM sitting just above Psych-200 in pre-market with financials being a headline..........a push below at open could result in a scalpable fade but there is a rising trendline to catch it closely at 199......break that and it could rush to 197-196.....
El_duderino
Anyone else on ToS having issues? Price on the mobile app hasn't updated since the 7:25 candle

Edit: simulated account working just fine, it's only the live account that's frozen for some reason
McInnis 03
AG
El_duderino said:

Anyone else on ToS having issues? Price on the mobile app hasn't updated since the 7:25 candle

Edit: simulated account working just fine, it's only the live account that's frozen for some reason
I think you're right, I'm watching ES with zero movement so that tells me all I need to know.
El_duderino
Looks like it's back up after about a half hour
McInnis 03
AG
El_duderino said:

Looks like it's back up after about a half hour
Was hoping it'd accidentally throw a few BRK/A in my account, but no such luck.
McInnis 03
AG
Fan favorite $SNOW looking bullish in premarket......odd.
Chef Elko
AG
deddog said:

Chef Elko said:

They must be getting a lot of pressure from someone, pretty high up on Wall Street or from the Administration.
I understand it may not be what they want to do and they are being pressured, but letting this info get out is foolish. Then again, who knows if they even leaked it themselves or if it's even true. It should have stayed between management and their legal team. Now they just pissed off a lot of people for something they may or may not do. Amazing so many people out there get paid hundreds of thousands a year to be foolish.
McInnis 03
AG
Boeing taking off on word of a 250 jet order from Turkish Airline
Heineken-Ashi
FishrCoAg said:

What kind of time frame are you thinking on LTMAY? Weeks, months or longer?
No idea. Haven't done enough research. Just like the look of the chart.

txaggie_08
AG
Why are oil stocks taking suck a beating the last couple days? There was a sizable draw last week and OPEC confirmed their production cuts into 2025. You would think this may be more bullish, but stocks have taken a hit yesterday and this morning.
Heineken-Ashi
spud1910 said:

What did I miss on CORZ?

Quote:

CoreWeave has made an offer to acquire Core Scientific (CORZ) for $5.75 per share, Bloomberg reported Tuesday, citing a person with knowledge of the matter.

The all-cash offer was made Monday and comes as CoreWeave seeks to enhance its artificial intelligence data center capacity, Bloomberg reported, citing the person.

The offer represents a 55% premium to Core Scientific's three-month volume-weighted average price as of May 31, the person reportedly told Bloomberg.

Heineken-Ashi
txaggie_08 said:

Why are oil stocks taking suck a beating the last couple days? There was a sizable draw last week and OPEC confirmed their production cuts into 2025. You would think this may be more bullish, but stocks have taken a hit yesterday and this morning.
Because the downside wasn't exhausted.

Quote:

"It's only when the markets are perceived to have exhausted themselves on the downside that they turn."

- Alan Greenspan

McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Fan favorite $SNOW looking bullish in premarket......odd.
Trying a $SNOW short here.
South Platte
McInnis 03 said:

man, if we could just sniff out which ones they are and then load up on puts for December.
On a similar note, I recall certain stocks that exploded after the 2020 election based on presumptive admin agendas. I wonder how we could prepare for a Biden re-election or Trump upset and take advantage of the post-election craze.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
McInnis 03 said:

NYCB has to be one. Maybe OZK. Think it's gonna be banks with biggest exposure to CRE.

Does not likely include non-bank lenders which is a bit crazy cause they are in a bad spot too
Heineken-Ashi
Second fill on PLTM just went through.

confucius_ag
AG
***Biotech/Pharma stock alert**** (I cant find the old thread)

CRDL- just keep this one on your radar on a pullback into the 2.20-2.30 range. Just on a TA basis it could be forming a cup.
"Me not know, me not tell, me push button and run like hell."
First Page Last Page
Page 6471 of 6616

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.