Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,973,010 Views | 231555 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
Heineken-Ashi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bhanacik said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

Congrats to everyone who followed on ULTA this morning. Up nearly $30 from when I posted. It always feels crazy throwing more than $20k at a single stock. Love it when it pays off this quickly.
thanks for posting that play! happy that I followed you this morning

nvm, saw your target of 425; will watch the morning session to see if it retraces back up to 430
Ruh roh. I was busy with work and only briefly checked it before logging off and going home.

If it wanted one more low, say $325, that post earnings pop and weaker forward guidance would certainly fit the bill for failure from here. It hit my target, but I didn't have a GTC-EXT order on and didnt get filled. Will hope for the best in the morning.

What's interesting is that the 610 daily EMA (fib number that I use for long term EMA) was surpassed by a dollar ($432 area) before the stock reversed back down. I can't say I'm confident it recovers. Might just take the small win in the morning and kick myself the rest of the week for not checking in for the earnings.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
bhanacik
AG
Yeah I was wishing I had an after hours sell order in after I saw the retrace from 430
Heineken-Ashi
Did anyone happen to notice the potential gravestone doji on NVDA weekly candles? One more day to go so not set in stone. NFLX also showing one. Same with XRT.

Also, XLF weekly MACD has crossed down with RSI throwing off a sell signal back in April.

Based on weekly candles, DOW is in full sell. SPX MACD tried to cross back after first crossing down with a sell signal. It failed so far and is pointing down. Nasdaq looks a week behind SPX at this point. Trying to turn back up but might fail.

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
El_duderino
Yep. Multiple RSI bearish divergences on the weeklies as well as bearish engulfing candles.
agdaddy04
AG
You don't think it'll continue to run up to the split next week?
Heineken-Ashi
I'm not sure if metals sell off a little more or if they resume up quickly. But yall have heard me say not to get cute in metals bull markets. Especially ones that have started to break out of long consolidation ranges. Here's the last time SLV broke out of consolidation range on weekly candles.

Notice the action to the left of the yellow circle. Came down from a high, rose back up, but couldn't seem to break above that previous high. Until it finally did in late September 2010. Then, we were given a series of RSI sell signals from October to January 2011, 5 total signals until it finally retraced a bit. Funny enough, it retraced from $30 to $26.. very similar to the levels we are at today. The RSI sell signals fire off when RSI drops below 74 after previously rising above it. In a market that isn't forcefully moving up, one or two of these usually catch and you get a period of RSI resetting. But metals don't play like that. Even after that short lived dip to $26, SLV then went on to top out at $48 over the next 3 months. Also notice the MACD I circled. I usually look for the purple MACD to cross over the yellow MACD average after a buy or sell signal to confirm the change of direction. I can't say I wouldn't have sold here when seeing that. But it was a fakeout. How could you have known?

1. Price touched the +4 ATR Keltner band after having been well above it and then started moving back up.
2. The 8 EMA never even threatened touching or crossing the 21.
3. RSI touched 59, above the average of 53, and never got lower.

Waiting through the end of December and all of January to make sure something doesn't confirm a top is in IS VERY HARD. You're tempted to sell and book your gains. That's why we do this right? Bull markets don't last forever. And we're here because we don't want to be the dorks who just hold forever having to endure drawdowns. We want to book gains and roll them into new promising setups.

So what do we do in the future? Perhaps at the first sign of the technicals seemingly confirming the end of an uptrend, like when the weekly MACD crossed down after a long series of RSI sell signals, perhaps you sell calls on half your position. Maybe at that exact time you buy some put hedges. You make sure your stop is at a level that's not too low that you lose a bunch of gains, but not too high that you get eliminated too early. It takes more active management than you are willing to admit. While I like Elliott Wave levels to determine stops, they aren't foolproof. So maybe the stop was manual with RSI crossing below the RSI average.

But let's take it farther. How would we have known when to sell after it hit $48? It closed that same week at $47 with a long legged doji (open and close close together with long wicks on each side). The next week, by the time RSI threw off the sell signal, price had closed at $34 and RSI was below the mid line. Maybe daily candles could have given more insight, but lets keep it simple.

Simply enough, you have to understand divergence. During the 5 time RSI sell signal firing while price kept moving up, the MACD was decently pulled away from the average line, but there was not spike. It kept the same relative distance the whole time. And it wasn't that much higher than the MACD top from the last bull period. But approaching the $48 high, MACD started to drastically pull away from its average line and was twice as high as the previous high. The histogram spiked to a new ATH. And as it topped, we got the long legged indecision candle to go along with a week of MASSIVE volume. That's a **** ton of signs telling you something is happening or about to happen. I'm not talking about 5M volume when the average is 4M. This was 750M vs 300M the previous week when the average during the uptrend had been around 150M. So we had a crazy volume spike, a MACD spike, RSI in the high 80's, and an indecision candle that isn't a clear sign on its own but does often lead to bearish reversals. The smart thing when you get all of those lights flashing is to sell 50-75%. After the next week reversed hard on even larger volume ($1B), with an RSI sell signal, and MACD crossover, you had your confirmation that it was over. Your sales would have been 50-75% at around $43 and 25%-50% around $35. Did you catch the top? No. But you acted wisely, calmly, didn't get faked out, and made a lot of money.

There are millions of patterns and indicators. Whatever you use, please understand what they are, how they are calculated, and what their actions mean. OFten times, you will feel confident in a decision to buy or sell. But you have to actively watch all of your indicators and be prepared for failure. Even after SLV tanked off its top, it spent 3-4 months in overlapping choppy fashion coming back to $42. Maybe you bought back in. But when you buy back in, you have to be extra aware of the failure point. Especially after such a massive topping pattern. It is more likely the top is in than you get a new high.

Where are we now?

I believe we are in the same place as we were in 2010. Where indicators are starting to show topping patterns on weekly candles. Avg volume on SLV is under $100M weekly with recent spikesas high as low $200M's. We just crossed over the upper Keltner band. On the 2010-2011 bull market, this first happened in November of 2009. MACD is now showing the same rising pattern having recently bounced off the mid line same as it did then. I think we're just now enterting the really fun part. And right now, it's pointing to November. But who knows.

Heineken-Ashi
agdaddy04 said:

You don't think it'll continue to run up to the split next week?
I see far too many bearish indicators. That said, we are still above supports on multiple indexes. And NVDA has yet to confirm any sort of bearishness.

McInnis 03
AG
GME whale still loading (or getting neutral)

McInnis 03
AG
First friday in a while that I don't have a good grip on things to watch at the open. If anyone has any lotto ideas I'd love to hear them.

Maybe DJT?
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

First friday in a while that I don't have a good grip on things to watch at the open. If anyone has any lotto ideas I'd love to hear them.

Maybe DJT?

Yesterday I thought the semis may be good today, they are.showing.strength in PM
Heineken-Ashi
Out on ULTA at $421.50. Might regret it, but not really. If it shows strength I might add some lotto calls.

Heineken-Ashi
McInnis 03 said:

Maybe DJT?
NVDA $1150? If it was halfway through a triangle that started 5/28, it would hit between there and 1165 today.

cgh1999
AG
HUMA keeps going up.

Anyone looked at autopilot investment platform to shadow Nancy pelosi, tubberville, et al?
bhanacik
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

Out on ULTA at $421.50. Might regret it, but not really. If it shows strength I might add some lotto calls.
out at 423 limit order this morning; quick 10% on a one day trade - I'll take it!

thanks again for posting it
txaggie_08
AG
cgh1999 said:

HUMA keeps going up.

Anyone looked at autopilot investment platform to shadow Nancy pelosi, tubberville, et al?

NANC is that ETF I believe.
McInnis 03
AG
cgh1999 said:

HUMA keeps going up.

Have seen some social media users express some sincere happiness over their autopilot accounts
McInnis 03
AG
$ARM could be looking at a bull flag break. If Semis go strong today this could be a play
Brewmaster
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Maybe DJT?
HOOD or GME calls... and here's an interesting one, but tread lightly, lol

nortex97
AG
Nuke stocks might be worth a look this month. Cameco, SMR, URA

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/12-best-nuclear-energy-stocks-155549918.html

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/statements-releases/2024/05/29/fact-sheet-biden-harris-administration-announces-new-steps-to-bolster-domestic-nuclear-industry-and-advance-americas-clean-energy-future/

https://money.usnews.com/investing/articles/best-nuclear-energy-stocks-and-etfs-to-buy-now
flashplayer
AG
nortex97 said:

Nuke stocks might be worth a look this month. Cameco, SMR, URA

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/12-best-nuclear-energy-stocks-155549918.html

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/statements-releases/2024/05/29/fact-sheet-biden-harris-administration-announces-new-steps-to-bolster-domestic-nuclear-industry-and-advance-americas-clean-energy-future/

https://money.usnews.com/investing/articles/best-nuclear-energy-stocks-and-etfs-to-buy-now

I have been in and out of UEC and URA a few times lately. They will bounce up and down in a relatively predictable manner. I plan to hold a decent bit of both the next couple years. URA is an ETF and their primary holding is Cameco. UEC bought up a bunch of uranium before the price rocketed and they have yet to commit it to any contracts going forward. That should help them a lot.
Tumble Weed
McInnis 03 said:

Maybe DJT?
I don't normally buy stuff like DJT, but it might have a move this morning. It is worth watching.
TTUArmy
Dell....yikes.
McInnis 03
AG
Gonna try LULU long here.
confucius_ag
AG
PATH 12.50 calls looking good.
"Me not know, me not tell, me push button and run like hell."
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

we net free on runner.
McInnis 03
AG
n/m
confucius_ag
AG
Picked up some Oracle here @ 115
"Me not know, me not tell, me push button and run like hell."
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Still gonna hold runner, but 9am-9:30a is important to decipher daily direction. It's holding the 5-12 10min EMA so still lightly bullish here.

I'm on 310C as a lotto and you can enter cheaper than I ddi right now.
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

Still gonna hold runner, but 9am-9:30a is important to decipher daily direction. It's holding the 5-12 10min EMA so still lightly bullish here.

I'm on 310C as a lotto and you can enter cheaper than I ddi right now.
Star this if anyone followed. Otherwise I won't update much on it.
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

$ARM could be looking at a bull flag break. If Semis go strong today this could be a play

$ARM going.
bhanacik
AG
getting out of ULTA pre-market looks to be correct call so far; it's already given back all the AH gains
South Platte
cgh1999 said:

HUMA keeps going up.

Sorry, I bought at $9.50 and caused this to plummet to its death.
bmoochie
AG
Brewmaster said:

McInnis 03 said:

Maybe DJT?

I mentioned this the other day and was told it was told it was a bad idea and never short NVDA in anyway
McInnis 03
AG
bmoochie said:

Brewmaster said:

McInnis 03 said:

Maybe DJT?

I mentioned this the other day and was told it was told it was a bad idea and never short NVDA in anyway
The post split pullback could be on the table. But the amount of 1200C activity I saw for next friday all week was enough to make me think there's more push left.
flashplayer
AG
You should have bought again when it touched 7.80
First Page Last Page
Page 6465 of 6616

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.