Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,971,893 Views | 231555 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
McInnis 03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bro, distraction is your middle name.
McInnis 03
AG
With semi's being luke warm today, tomorrow could be an interesting lotto friday.
McInnis 03
AG
$SMMT GAMMA SQUEEZE
EnronAg
AG
isn't PCE tomorrow??? should be a volatile day either direction...I'm leaning long, as I'm sure they will show a fake cool number...
Brewmaster
AG
SLV
could fill that gap back to low 27's, or could go further to trend line, low 26's. or it could say I don't care Brew and rip to 40.

Chef Elko
AG
Anyone playing DELL earnings? Govt news dropping the semis this afternoon
McInnis 03
AG
Chef Elko said:

Anyone playing DELL earnings? Govt news dropping the semis this afternoon
Biden has puts?
Heineken-Ashi
Don't look now, but for the first time in ages, CLOV has formed what can be counted as a completed, impulsive, 5-wave upward pattern. If it can hold between $0.75-$1.00, I can start to project this one heading back up.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
El Chupacabra
ProgN said:

Howdy fam,

This is for our more buy and hold type members that don't have the time or interest to actively trade stocks. Put $KSS on your target list. Let the dust clear to see if they'll cut their dividend, I personally don't see them cutting it. That said, it's currently yielding 9.6% annually. It's not an exciting or sexy stock, but they won't be down at this price long if they say their dividend is safe. Kohl's isn't going out of business and 9.6% dividend put into a DRIP, with the likelihood of price appreciation is an excellent opportunity to position yourselves for incredible returns, especially in an IRA or other tax deferred vehicle. It's also a value for custodial accounts for your young kids because you can set it and forget it in a DRIP. This advice changes if they slash their dividend, that's why I suggest letting the dust clear.
I kicked myself for selling at 22.50. Now time to start adding back slowly.
HoustonAg_2009
Prog - So you're saying you loaded up today? Or waiting for confirmation on the dividend?
ProgN
HoustonAg_2009 said:

Prog - So you're saying you loaded up today? Or waiting for confirmation on the dividend?
No, I'm not buying it yet. I'm just going to watch it. It's not a rec for a quick trade, but if their dividend is safe then it's and excellent opportunity for the long term buy and hold folks that follow the thread.
bmoochie
AG
bmoochie said:

I'm thinking of entering some NVDS calls. Bear NVDA ETF so way cheaper way to play some puts for NVDA. It is way extended on Bollinger bands and RSI is around 80. This is due for some pullback so I think July calls could be the way to play it. Those $50s are running about two bucks.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?
Well this would have worked as a perfect short term swing trade.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Bruh have you been in a kohls lately? They're depressing, and the clientele is a half notch above marshalls. I'm shocked they actually sell anything, and don't just restock as stuff gets stolen
South Platte
Most of the golden boy stocks are dropping today. PANW, SMCI, NVDA, CRM, MSFT, et al.
Chef Elko
AG
Pelosi sold her calls
MAS444
AG
Quote:

No, I'm not buying it yet. I'm just going to watch it. It's not a rec for a quick trade, but if their dividend is safe then it's and excellent opportunity for the long term buy and hold folks that follow the thread.

As a buy and hold guy, really appreciate you pointing this out.
ProgN
Charismatic Megafauna said:

Bruh have you been in a kohls lately? They're depressing, and the clientele is a half notch above marshalls. I'm shocked they actually sell anything, and don't just restock as stuff gets stolen
I think we're looking at KSS from two different perspectives. I see 9.6% dividend, and will only buy into it when I know they're not going to cut it. I also see consumers trading down because of inflation and money/credit being tight. If we have a recession or stagflation, then a lot of companies will fold, but KSS is strong enough to weather the storm and survive. When they survive and the economy improves, then they'll have less competition which they'll benefit from. It's currently a $20 stock with a 9.6% dividend. Can you even imagine how much it could grow in a DRIP and compounding interest?

I hope our Baylor carebear surgeon sees this post. If you do doc, buy 100 shares for your new baby boy and DRIP the dividends. Imho, it'll be the best $2K you'll ever spend.
El Chupacabra

You saying I should have just stolen the suit I bought there? (before you all laugh at me in your $8k Italian suits, I got too fat for the jackets I owned and needed one for one two hour event...don't worry, I got too fat for that jacket too)
ProgN
El Chupacabra said:

You saying I should have just stolen the suit I bought there? (before you all laugh at me in your $8k Italian suits, I got too fat for the jackets I owned and needed one for one two hour event...don't worry, I got too fat for that jacket too)

Obligatory
Dan Scott
AG
SNOW being taken down after Mongo reports. Another company that gives 1/3 of its revenue in SBC with opex growing faster than revenue that gloats about profitable adjusted EBITDA. It's all bullcrap!
confucius_ag
AG
PLTR up another 2.7% AH. Rumors of another military contract.
"Me not know, me not tell, me push button and run like hell."
Heineken-Ashi
ProgN said:

I think we're looking at KSS from two different perspectives. I see 9.6% dividend, and will only buy into it when I know they're not going to cut it. I also see consumers trading down because of inflation and money/credit being tight. If we have a recession or stagflation, then a lot of companies will fold, but KSS is strong enough to weather the storm and survive. When they survive and the economy improves, then they'll have less competition which they'll benefit from. It's currently a $20 stock with a 9.6% dividend. Can you even imagine how much it could grow in a DRIP and compounding interest?

I hope our Baylor carebear surgeon sees this post. If you do doc, buy 100 shares for your new baby boy and DRIP the dividends. Imho, it'll be the best $2K you'll ever spend.
I think as long as it holds the last low it could be a big gainer over the coming years, but one thing you need to remember is interest rates and the value of the dollar. If we enter into a recession with steady or rising rates, the value of the dollar will rise with them. Everything valued in dollars will decline. So only companies who truly outperform in growth will be able to keep from falling in price in that environment.

Kohls has been reducing debt. Long term was $2B on last earnings release.

Their last earnings call mentioned paying off a revolver and reducing long term debt. This is going to cost them up front, but will result in significantly less interest expense running forward. They expect total debt to be $1.5B at year end.

Their big whiff was on clearance sales. A seekingalpha write broke it down. Not neccesarily a red flag, but not exactly supporting the thesis that customers are trading down to shop at Kohls.

Quote:

Looking further into results, same-store sales growth was down 4.4% from last year, a weak performance. Drilling into this, sales of regular priced goods rose by 2.4%, but there was a 6% headwind from lower clearance sales. That is an interesting data point, as one would expect squeezed consumers to migrate towards clearance items, rather than full price ones. I believe Kohl's tight inventory control may be a factor in this. The company is carrying $3.08 billion of inventories, down about 12.6% from last year. This is a much sharper decline than sales.

Now, I generally view tight inventory management as a positive, as it leaves less capital consumed in the business, and excess inventory can force markdowns and leave stale product on the shelves, reducing sales. Retailers were also carrying too much inventory in late 2022-2023 as consumption slowed, and they have needed to work these balances down. However, less excess inventory also means less product to sell at clearance. To an extent, Kohl's tight inventory management may be constraining sales.

Now, clearance sales are, by definition, less profitable than full price sales, and as a result, gross margins expanded 50bps to 39.5%. As a consequence, gross profit fell by just $65 million to $1.46 billion, while revenue fell by $177 million, meaning margins & sales mix offset nearly two-thirds of the sales decline. Declining gross profit is obviously a negative, but to the extent most of the sales weakness is coming from lower-margin product as inventory normalizes, this is less of a negative for shareholders.

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
EliteZags
AG
confucius_ag
AG
EliteZags said:

Hope they get added to S&P in a few weeks.
"Me not know, me not tell, me push button and run like hell."
EliteZags
AG
ProgN said:

HoustonAg_2009 said:

I could see this as an option for someone wanting to cash in some quick gains in an IRA from volatile runups (SMCI/NVDA/MSTR etc) with indexes still near uncertain ATH's

of course once dividend is confirmed it'll be pricier, so could be a play to be made if you have an inclination
McInnis 03
AG
Trump verdict reached
ProgN
EliteZags said:

ProgN said:

HoustonAg_2009 said:

I could see this as an option for someone wanting to cash in some quick gains in an IRA from volatile runups (SMCI/NVDA/MSTR etc) with indexes still near uncertain ATH's

of course once dividend is confirmed it'll be pricier, so could be a play to be made if you have an inclination
It's not going to move very much for at least 31 days. We have plenty of time to wait for confirmation.
TheVarian
AG
The Oval Office is gonna be weird being in a prison
valvemonkey91
AG
Will they move the Resolute Desk into the cell in November?
sts7049
AG
guilty on all counts
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Zs up 17% after hours, hope crwd flies tomorrow
flashplayer
AG
Anyone else expecting DJT to rocket meme style soon after this dip?
fauxstradamus
AG
I was hoping for that and bought a small number of june calls 2 days ago but who knows??
Heineken-Ashi
Congrats to everyone who followed on ULTA this morning. Up nearly $30 from when I posted. It always feels crazy throwing more than $20k at a single stock. Love it when it pays off this quickly.

bhanacik
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

Congrats to everyone who followed on ULTA this morning. Up nearly $30 from when I posted. It always feels crazy throwing more than $20k at a single stock. Love it when it pays off this quickly.
thanks for posting that play! happy that I followed you this morning

nvm, saw your target of 425; will watch the morning session to see if it retraces back up to 430
First Page Last Page
Page 6464 of 6616

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.