Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,975,431 Views | 231555 Replies | Last: 13 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
McInnis 03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
i'm always looking extremely short term. Right from the open NVDA popped past 1024 and went, hasn't looked back, and quite frankly still looks VERY strong. On the intraday I see nothing to worry me at this point. (this can change in a heartbeat though)

As for longer terms, I mean, usually things splitting get a buy up, but what you do is subject to your own risk and reward setup. If you do not have a plan, then it may be a good time to trim and trail? I hate telling others what to do on this stuff as everyone's situation is different.
El_duderino
Pretty strong bearish divergence on the weekly SPY chart
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

I'm also watching NVDA. Overnight high was 1023.44, and been hovering at 1014-1015 this morning.

It it retraces close to 1000 I'll be VERY interested in the reaction there. Buying against 1000 could be decent risk reward if it holds, shorting under 1000 could be the same. Risk mgmt will be name of the game there.

On the flip side, if it breaks 1023.44 for a gap and go, that would be a risk level to adhere to if longing.
WE're toying with the 10m 12ema.....
Hereeee we go with a slight dip. Let's see if we can make this work.

update: straight to the 34 EMA with a slight bounce. Get below this and the fun can begin, it's (34EMA) right at 157
LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Below the 34-50EMA is a bearish short term so let's see what kind of damage they can do. Still a huge gap to 148 from yesterday. Surely they can't do that................
Boy Named Sue
AG
AMD cratering today is shocking to me. Wow.

McInnis 03
AG
Boy Named Sue said:

AMD cratering today is shocking to me. Wow.

That stock lives to hate me so I avoid it at all costs, but this does not surprise me in the least.
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

I'm also watching NVDA. Overnight high was 1023.44, and been hovering at 1014-1015 this morning.

It it retraces close to 1000 I'll be VERY interested in the reaction there. Buying against 1000 could be decent risk reward if it holds, shorting under 1000 could be the same. Risk mgmt will be name of the game there.

On the flip side, if it breaks 1023.44 for a gap and go, that would be a risk level to adhere to if longing.

update: straight to the 34 EMA with a slight bounce. Get below this and the fun can begin, it's (34EMA) right at 157

Below the 34-50EMA is a bearish short term so let's see what kind of damage they can do. Still a huge gap to 148 from yesterday. Surely they can't do that................
Also being mindful that we are right at OA's model T on the overnight gap up plus the morning up candle so what happens here in the 155 zone is importante. Still leaning bearish with the price action
flashplayer
AG
Doesn't surprise me either. Soon people can own more shares of a better company at a lower price point (NVDA post split).

Plus compare the earnings and you can easily see AMD isn't NVDA and they aren't really going to compete with NVDA for the clients NVDA wants.
Number Monkey
AG
The reaction to NVDA's earnings release is such a contrast to their last release. Last time every stock I owned went up the next day. This time, my only greens are NVDA and SMCI. If a great release from NVDA can't propel the market anymore, may be a good time to reset those stops....
McInnis 03
AG
Number Monkey said:

The reaction to NVDA's earnings release is such a contrast to their last release. Last time every stock I owned went up the next day. This time, my only greens are NVDA and SMCI. If a great release from NVDA can't propel the market anymore, may be a good time to reset those stops....
Rough day so far
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

Also being mindful that we are right at OA's model T on the overnight gap up plus the morning up candle so what happens here in the 155 zone is importante. Still leaning bearish with the price action
Closing the DELL short here at 154. I'm so bad at shorting, had to enjoy the win. Sucker could fade all day though.
I bleed maroon
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Closing the DELL short here at 154. I'm so bad at shorting, had to enjoy the win. Sucker could fade all day though.
My spread is up 15% or so - thinking of letting it ride a while longer...
El_duderino
I've sworn off trading AMD. I have more success trading TSLA
McInnis 03
AG
Exactly!
deddog
AG
flashplayer said:

Time to double down on SLV? Down 6% this week.
Wondering the same thing?
Heineken-Ashi
If SLV drops below $27.20 gap fill area something could happen.

Watch RSI and MACD on daily. If we can get an RSI reset without dropping below $26, that can be very bullish.

$25 is a possibility until it isn't. I'm holding all positions, not selling any, and only adding on drops. Went net free on all calls near the recent high. No reason to get cute. Lots of bull market left.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
I bleed maroon
AG
I have made good money the last few months on SLV calls. However, near-term, I have lost conviction on direction. I just put in an order for a 25/30 strangle. The thing I really like about SLV is that the bid ask spread is super-tiny due to the heavily traded nature of these options. My trade is priced at $0.97, and the current bid ask is 0.97/0.99. This benefits you both ways - when opening and closing the trade. Nice!
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

The activity on the GME 6/21 $20c is extraordinary. Has been for days.

F it, I'm in at 5
aggies4life
AG
Anyone playing with NVDL (2x) over
Nvda?
flashplayer
AG
Would have been nice if BABA had tipped me off they would be announcing price cuts and selling bonds in this rate environment to fund a stock buyback after their stock had run up 20% recently.

WTF are they thinking.
EnronAg
AG
NVDA is just insane...I don't think we will ever see a stock/company on this insane run ever again...all warranted, when I say this...just amazing to see the amount of market cap they are able to chew up on each earnings report...just kinda boggles the mind...and it's still considered a cheap stock by many metrics LOL
ProgN
agdaddy04 said:

What would you be looking to do here? I'm considering taking the profits on NVDA finally, but with the news of the split was the reason I thought about keeping it.
If it were me, I'd take my profit on NVDA and wait. When SMCI hits $800 or less, I'd roll it into it because you'll be well positioned to capture, and profit from, when they announce a big stock split, which I believe will be at their next ER. JMO, make your own decision.

Note: I may not be on here much the rest of this week. Me, my mom's house, and several elderly neighbors were directly in the path of one of the tornados that touched down last evening. Power is back on and internet has been restored. Everyone is safe but I have a lot of work helping my neighbors and that's my focus. I'll check in and answer questions if asked or give my opinion if asked.

Personal take, this market is about to rollover. Not calling full correction, but a reversion and cooling off period.

Gig'em,

Prog
I bleed maroon
AG
Wow! Sorry to hear about the impact of the weather. Take care of yourself - we'll be here when you return.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
My cash reserves are licking their lips right now.
El_duderino
I want to see that gap fill all the way back down at $505

McInnis 03
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

F it, I'm in at 5
That's not bad value, that's the price these things were freaking LOADING up at yesterday before they went to 7 or whatever.
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Number Monkey said:

Rough day so far

Update. This market is sooooooooo healthy lol

EnronAg
AG
I agree with you....BUT this is one day and a day in which we just hit ATH for several days in a row...needed a little pullback and the hot PMI was the catalyst that gave it what it needed...we will hit new ATH's again in a month or so if we pullback here...book it!!!
txaggie_08
AG
Yeah, we haven't been this low in a week!
McInnis 03
AG
Mannnn, Dell has faded all the way back to 151.50. If it weren't for that hump in the middle, this would have been an epic ride. lol
EliteZags
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

My cash reserves are licking their lips right now.

Cash reserves from.... months back?
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

F it, I'm in at 5
That's not bad value, that's the price these things were freaking LOADING up at yesterday before they went to 7 or whatever.

What if the big buyer is Pelosi?
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I'm looking for spy 523.4 to fill that gap from the 15th for a bounce, if we can grab it before close I'll get some friday lotto calls. I may also play a moc put if spx stays stuck here for another 10 minutes

Edit: no man's land close, of course. Maybe we open down then lotto calls
McInnis 03
AG

McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

F it, I'm in at 5

What if the big buyer is Pelosi?
Then it sounds like Schloss is getting his renovations when this finalizes from Mr. "F it, I'm in at 5"
McInnis 03
AG
$DECK
Chef Elko
AG
Stacks on $DECK. Had to say it
First Page Last Page
Page 6456 of 6616

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.