Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,976,158 Views | 231555 Replies | Last: 15 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
CC09LawAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
POWL coming back to earth a bit - is it going to come back into that channel it's been bouncing back and forth in? Trying to decide when the last chance to buy in before liftoff might be.

Maybe see if it crosses back under $175 then decide?
Brewmaster
AG
CC09LawAg said:

POWL coming back to earth a bit - is it going to come back into that channel it's been bouncing back and forth in? Trying to decide when the last chance to buy in before liftoff might be.

Maybe see if it crosses back under $175 then decide?
this message is for you and Luke and anyone else who thinks they missed the boat.

as long as above this box, bullish. If it dips back into the box, could drop back to mid 150's. You want old resistance (176) to become new support.
but a 50% retrace of this move from last Friday (low), would be about 174. Could flash low around there, then rocket. fwiw, I got a late entry in low 170's. Aiming for at least 200 PT though.

Heineken-Ashi
SMCI should get to $1,000 - $1,020 range this week. But that is significant resistance and if it fails there I wouldn't be surprised to see another drop.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
CC09LawAg
Thanks. That confirms what I am thinking. I got in for a decent chunk at the lower end of that range, just trying to decide if another opportunity like that may present itself.
EnronAg
AG
if NVDA were to miss it's lofty expectations and pull back, what are some key support levels to pay attention to for someone that wants to nibble and re-enter?!?
ProgN
Heineken-Ashi said:

SMCI should get to $1,000 - $1,020 range this week. But that is significant resistance and if it fails there I wouldn't be surprised to see another drop.
https://www.cnbc.com/2024/05/21/stocks-making-the-biggest-moves-midday-.html
Quote:

Lam Research

Shares added 2.1% after the semiconductor equipment maker said its board of directors approved a $10 billion share buyback and a 10-for-1 stock split.

$LRCX has 131 M shares and declared a 10:1 stock split

$SMCI has 59 M shares.

Imho, SMCI will declare a 10:1 (or more) stock split in the very very near future. This is just speculation on my part based on my market experience of almost 3 decades. I will say you don't want to FAFO shorting or playing with puts on SMCI though, because when they do, it will probably print $1,500+ in the blink of an eye.
Heineken-Ashi
EnronAg said:

if NVDA were to miss it's lofty expectations and pull back, what are some key support levels to pay attention to for someone that wants to nibble and re-enter?!?
$880, $815, $750, $720 (144 daily EMA and lower Keltner band)

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
Heineken-Ashi
Heineken-Ashi said:

EnronAg said:

$880, $815, $750, $720 (144 daily EMA and lower Keltner band)
Resistance $975 then $1,025, then $1,050 (Upper daily Keltner band)

Tumble Weed
https://www.cnbc.com/2024/05/21/biden-to-release-1-million-barrels-of-gasoline-to-reduce-prices-at-the-pump-ahead-of-july-4.html

Biden to release 1 million barrels of gasoline to reduce prices at the pump ahead of July 4

F
J
B

gougler08
AG
Tumble Weed said:

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/05/21/biden-to-release-1-million-barrels-of-gasoline-to-reduce-prices-at-the-pump-ahead-of-july-4.html

Biden to release 1 million barrels of gasoline to reduce prices at the pump ahead of July 4

F
J
B

lol of course he is, gotta start buying those notes now
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Discovered Fidelity BrokerageLink yesterday, which creates a brokerage account held within your 401k plan. (Or two if you have after-tax contributions, a regular and a Roth.)

This pretty much provides everything that I wanted from a rollover to IRA, which is flexibility. And it took all of 5 minutes to set up. I basically just had to go to Investments > BrokerageLink, and click on create accounts. Had my two brokerages read to go within seconds.

So, not sure how many people know about this option, but seems a great option if that's all you're looking for. I'm probably gonna do 80/10/10 mix of FXAIX / QQQM / AIQ. Seems like that could end up being a wise move in a couple decades time.
EnronAg
AG
this administration sux!!!! I'm praying there is a change in Nov...but not really expecting it...
I bleed maroon
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Discovered Fidelity BrokerageLink yesterday, which creates a brokerage account held within your 401k plan. (Or two if you have after-tax contributions, a regular and a Roth.)

This pretty much provides everything that I wanted from a rollover to IRA, which is flexibility. And it took all of 5 minutes to set up. I basically just had to go to Investments > BrokerageLink, and click on create accounts. Had my two brokerages read to go within seconds.

So, not sure how many people know about this option, but seems a great option if that's all you're looking for. I'm probably gonna do 80/10/10 mix of FXAIX / QQQM / AIQ. Seems like that could end up being a wise move in a couple decades time.
My wife had money in Fidelity's BrokerageLink portion of her company's 401(k) plan a few years back.

Beware, Brian-san. You're still likely paying unnecessary fees. So, you gained self-directed access to your investments (which is great!), BUT I think since you're still in their plan, you are still paying any account-level maintenance and administrative fees. If you had rolled it over to a new IRA, there are no "plan fees". It might be minimal expense, but worth asking Fidelity about...
El_duderino
TSLA having another spike up to $200 again?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
True, but it saves me the hassle of the rollover, which would also negatively affect my ability to do backdoor Roth in the future, from what I understand.

The fees are small enough that it's mostly negligible for me.
McInnis 03
AG
bhanacik said:

PANW with a nice run this morning since their earnings drop yesterday.
Pay attention to this behavior, there's no reason NVDA couldn't do a shake and bake too. But the end game for NVDA will be UP in my opinion, the big money put writing has been significant.
Bocephus
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I've been trading in my brokerage link account for about 20 years.
TAMU ‘98 Ole Miss ‘21
M4 Benelli
M4 Benelli said:

This might be the beginning of several POWL green days. I don't see many people selling until these arses cover.

Yet I took profits. Trust your instincts dummy!
El_duderino
Same. My timing has been impeccable the last couple of weeks.
flashplayer
AG
Yeah same here. You can pretty well just pick the opposite of what I do and ride to space.
EnronAg
AG
soon to be another closing ATH...let's see if we can't clip another intraday ATH...just chuggin' along until Trump is elected and the "they" can pull the rug on this circus and blame Orange Man
spud1910
AG
Me too!
AgCPA95
AG
$POWL - I think this was showing 6 days a few days back? Now pushing 8 days to cover.

POWL short position
ProgN
AgCPA95 said:

$POWL - I think this was showing 6 days a few days back? Now pushing 8 days to cover.

POWL short position
POWL is skull ****ing the shorts today but it looks like one of them might have doubled down. That big red candle traded 68K shares. Nothing would please me more than POWL announcing a split or massive new customer AHs. POWL would use their balls to teabag a woodchipper.
Heineken-Ashi
AAPL $194-$197 range is now big resistance. Wouldn't be surprised to see drop to $180 or even $175 gap fill. Could still be bullish following that. Will take some serious effort to get through $200.

PeekingDuck
AG
Tumble Weed said:

F
J
B

We consume about 9 million barrels a day in the US.
El_duderino
Just like peeing on a house fire trying to put it out
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Actually, thoughts on this Fidelity portfolio as a buy and hold?

FXAIX - 50%
QQQM - 20%
SOXQ - 15%
FCPGX - 10%
AIQ - 5%

I realize it's pretty tech heavy, so I wanted to throw some small caps (growth) in as well.
EnronAg
AG
PeekingDuck said:

Tumble Weed said:

F
J
B

We consume about 9 million barrels a day in the US.

Do you honestly believe they're stopping at a million?!? If so, that's cute. This admin sucks! It will continue just as the student loan forgiveness scam continues to buy votes.
El_duderino
Like stated below, definitely looks tech heavy and would throw in international exposure.

I bleed maroon
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Actually, thoughts on this Fidelity portfolio as a buy and hold?

FXAIX - 50%
QQQM - 20%
SOXQ - 15%
FCPGX - 10%
AIQ - 5%

I realize it's pretty tech heavy, so I wanted to throw some small caps (growth) in as well.
Looks pretty tech-dominated to me. Without looking up, my guess is NVDA is probably a top 3 holding in 4 of those. You would be concentrated, but I've seen worse allocations for sure. If you could work in some international exposure, it might help you in the long run?
tlepoC
AG
Thoughts on $SNOW earnings tomorrow? I don't see how it doesn't go higher but that confidence has me nervous
Dan Scott
AG
SNOW has too much stock based compensation. Share count up 10% in 2 years. $4B in accumulated losses and has been growing every year.

The CEO retired last quarter who's considered a wizard. They projected 20% growth through 2025. It's possible they sacrificed the quarter to give the new CEO a good starting point to beat expectations. Still trades 25X revenue with growing losses. I don't like it. I'd like it more if it get to low 100s again
flashplayer
AG
Based on how every other earnings has gone lately, they will either A) beat numbers soundly & drop like a rock on lack of unicorn farts guidance and then steadily rise for a couple weeks or B) they will post shtty numbers & rip through the roof on unicorn fart guidance before steadily dropping back to Earth after a few weeks.
Dan Scott
AG
SNOW stock based compensation grew from 600M to $1.1B in 2 years. They generate $800M CFO. Pay them cash!!!'

SBC is 1/3 of revenue. WTF. If this were a penny stock I'd call it a scam. CEO retired with $3B.
First Page Last Page
Page 6452 of 6616

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.