Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,977,300 Views | 231555 Replies | Last: 17 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
El_duderino
How long do you want to ignore this user?
No stock buyback either at the current price
I bleed maroon
AG
El_duderino said:

No stock buyback either at the current price
Stock buyback? They're right around all time highs, with quite a stellar run over the past few years. They're certainly not a value play right now. I am a long-term shareholder, and I hope they still have better things to do with the money than buy back possibly inflated equity.

I've been hot and cold on Jamie Dimon over the years, but there's no denying he has become the elder statesman of banking. He's always a bit too much "the wolf is at the door" for my taste, but he has been a steadying influence for his bank, and the sector overall. I do think he's worth a few bucks a share, so I don't doubt there's some downside if he retires. However, from what I can tell, it's probably still maybe a year or two or three away, which is nothing to worry too much about.
El_duderino
Yeah I believe he was asked about that today and he flat out stated no buyback. Didn't know if that contributed to the stock dropping at all or not (in addition to his retiring soon comments) so I figured it was worth mentioning.
I bleed maroon
AG
El_duderino said:

Yeah I believe he was asked about that today and he flat out stated no buyback. Didn't know if that contributed to the stock dropping at all or not (in addition to his retiring soon comments) so I figured it was worth mentioning.
That's interesting. I have no issue with stock buybacks - they're sometimes the best use of capital. I suppose equity analysts are really enamored with buybacks right now (they immediately goose their EPS forecasts and justify upgrades or new price targets), but in my opinion, it's a limited time benefit mainly for companies whose growth is slowing, mature markets, or who lack attractive capital projects.
Troglodyte
AG
I bleed maroon said:

HoustonAg_2009 said:

What's going on with JPM?
Jamie Dimon saying his retirement date is nearing.
Within the next 5 years
bhanacik
AG
NOV looks good to me and I just put in an order with a stop at late April low with a target of 21.90

Curious what others think of the chart look
bhanacik
AG
ETX_Ag_22_24 said:

To my untrained eye, it looks like BABA is due for another bounce after an inside day. SNOW looks like it's nearly completed a rounded bottoming pattern and could use earnings Wednesday as a launch. I also took profits on half POWL due to MACD
SNOW looks good to me; call options look really juiced so may look at adding shares tomorrow as I'd be ok holding longer term if earnings aren't received well
Heineken-Ashi
HIMS - just as it signaled bullish with the RSI signal last week, I've now got an RSI down signal. MACD has a long way to go to cross back and verify bearish. Consider taking some profits if you got in under $15 or maybe selling a call a month out.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
Heineken-Ashi
I bleed maroon said:

El_duderino said:

That's interesting. I have no issue with stock buybacks - they're sometimes the best use of capital. I suppose equity analysts are really enamored with buybacks right now (they immediately goose their EPS forecasts and justify upgrades or new price targets), but in my opinion, it's a limited time benefit mainly for companies whose growth is slowing, mature markets, or who lack attractive capital projects.
Stock buybacks are 100% being used in record numbers right now to continue the pump. Without them, this market would have probably rolled over already.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
I bleed maroon
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

I bleed maroon said:

El_duderino said:

Stock buybacks are 100% being used in record numbers right now to continue the pump. Without them, this market would have probably rolled over already.
Sure looks that way.

Incidentally, in a world of political hypocrisy (especially Trump and Biden), our President trashing stock buybacks has to be way up there in the all-time standings. He's basically forced oil and gas companies into buybacks, as he forbids reinvestment in job-creating capital projects at every turn. It's almost laughable.
Bonfire.1996
Dimon gave a double whammy:
1. He's retiring soon
2. He didn't just say no buybacks at current price, he implied JPM was overvalued at current prices.

The Board will criticize him privately for that comment.
Bocephus
AG
Bonfire.1996 said:

Dimon gave a double whammy:
1. He's retiring soon
2. He didn't just say no buybacks at current price, he implied JPM was overvalued at current prices.

The Board will criticize him privately for that comment.

As a current JP Morgan customer, I would not buy their stock. Their customer service leaves a lot to be desired.
TAMU ‘98 Ole Miss ‘21
BlueTaze
Bought some ANF (Abercrombie) June 21 puts yesterday. Wasn't sure, but just saw Cramer rec'd to buy.
AgShaun00
AG
Feel like a crazy GME day is coming
BaylorSpineGuy
Will someone chart out FRSH. Big outside bar recently and now consolidating in a. Tight range. Gap above would give nice return but would appreciate any insight.
nortex97
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

HIMS - just as it signaled bullish with the RSI signal last week, I've now got an RSI down signal. MACD has a long way to go to cross back and verify bearish. Consider taking some profits if you got in under $15 or maybe selling a call a month out.
It just went up 28 percent yesterday, nothing in retail is really going up like that right now.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
AgShaun00 said:

EngrAg14
AG
Fed minutes are today arent they?
SF2004
AG
AgShaun00 said:

I like the stock.

We like the stock.
EnronAg
AG
I think NVDA will exceed and guide up and send this market into a blow-off top...but still don't think the pullback is anything more than 5%...this market will buy that dip and send us to 5,500 before the election...
South Platte
Ahh. I love the smell of POWL in the morning.
Brewmaster
AG
Red Pear Luke (BCS) said:

AgShaun00 said:

big GME sweeps end of close yesterday.
Brewmaster
AG
EnronAg said:

I think NVDA will exceed and guide up and send this market into a blow-off top...but still don't think the pullback is anything more than 5%...this market will buy that dip and send us to 5,500 before the election...
I think this is a real possibility, maybe even the most likely scenario.
Talon2DSO
AG
Damn POWL...you little rocket, you
Hypnoklown1986
Was hoping it would dip so I could by some today, missed the boat.

The dips are a free money glitch.
valvemonkey91
AG
FOMO kicking in here. What is the opinion of the traders here of me placing a $10k stock buy in Nvidia before close today? I'm not an experienced market guy at all. Most of my investments are in my 401 and pension. I have another account that I play with where I buy and hold blue chips. The money would come from there.
Dan Scott
AG
ANF CEO sold about half her stock for $40M around $110 a few weeks ago.

Shipping costs aren't as high as they were at the end of 2023 with the Red Sea stuff. If they cite improved freight cost and announce a huge buyback are risk factors to downside. They have close to $1B in cash.
South Platte
valvemonkey91 said:

FOMO kicking in here. What is the opinion of the traders here of me placing a $10k stock buy in Nvidia before close today? I'm not an experienced market guy at all. Most of my investments are in my 401 and pension. I have another account that I play with where I buy and hold blue chips. The money would come from there.
I only play earnings reports when Prog or HA force me to. Personally, I'm not a fan of playing those. I'm much more comfortable trading on trends. A
Dan Scott
AG
Somebody bought 10,000 of June 21, $20 calls for $4.7M. Last week somebody bought the June 21 100 calls for $1M.
bhanacik
AG
SNOW
sold a $157.5 5/24 P for $5.60 and used the premium to buy a $170 5/31 C for 6.24
I'm ok owning the shares at 157.5 on a bad earnings reaction
But I'm actually thinking the call prints this week
bhanacik
AG
TGT
closed the gap from early March just in time for earnings report tomorrow. Interesting timing
I won't be playing it, but will watch to see how it goes. I made good money on it since late last year
Dan Scott
AG
Why not go further out on the puts. You could probably collect the same premium at lower strike.
bhanacik
AG
Dan Scott said:

Why not go further out on the puts. You could probably collect the same premium at lower strike.
True, could've gotten the same premium for a Jun 28 150 P, but I was looking more short-term as I'm ok owning the shares now. Contemplated just buying the shares outright, but decided to leverage an option instead.
bhanacik
AG
PANW with a nice run this morning since their earnings drop yesterday.
Towns03
AG
Dan Scott said:

Somebody bought 10,000 of June 21, $20 calls for $4.7M. Last week somebody bought the June 21 100 calls for $1M.
GME - It looks like a couple analysts are predicting 4.5x revenue increase for 2025. What's that about?
First Page Last Page
Page 6451 of 6616

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.