Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,975,834 Views | 231555 Replies | Last: 14 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
Talon2DSO
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
EliteZags said:

flashplayer said:

Ragoo said:

Meme frenzy didn't last long

Apparently you missed the post about penny stocks earlier.

See top of this page and bottom of last.

threw a lotto ticket on 1000 GWAV shares, equate this to 'sports investing' on games just to make them more interesting to watch

Why GWAV as opposed to any other?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Maybe I'm wrong, but I wonder if DFV's tweet was just testing the waters to see if he could still move markets, and planned to buy a bunch more shares before restarting his YouTube channel.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Would any of his real life friends having knowledge of what he plans on doing, be considered insider trading in the eyes of the SEC? I wouldn't think so as they don't have any actual insider knowledge of the stocks they're buying.
Brewmaster
AG
Tumble Weed said:

McInnis 03 said:

Silver breaking out.

Started buying SLV recently because of this thread. Thanks for the profits. Not something that I would have normally traded. Same goes for GLD.
this is just the beginning, fasten your seatbelt

Brewmaster
AG
H&S intraday
Boy Named Sue
AG
I'm done for the week. One green trade that made up for all other losses (with a few others breaking even). Bought AMD calls Monday for 1.30 and sold today for $9. But if it wasn't for that I would have had a terrible week.

Anybody else headed to NRA in Dallas?

Number Monkey
AG
WTHVF gold mining stock finally making a move. Can't find any news on it, so assuming this is due to the rise in gold prices. Hopefully it continues like Heineken predicted. Thanks, H!
Brewmaster
AG
Boy Named Sue said:

I'm done for the week. One green trade that made up for all other losses (with a few others breaking even). Bought AMD calls Monday for 1.30 and sold today for $9. But if it wasn't for that I would have had a terrible week.

Anybody else headed to NRA in Dallas?

pictures amigo, take some and post them here

nice work on AMD. I've been playing BABA, still holding the June calls, a close over 90 and it gets fun. SLV been good to me too.
M4 Benelli
Back in POWL for a 4th time.
El_duderino
Back in as well.
Heineken-Ashi
Number Monkey said:

WTHVF gold mining stock finally making a move. Can't find any news on it, so assuming this is due to the rise in gold prices. Hopefully it continues like Heineken predicted. Thanks, H!

Had a neighbors dead tree lose a large limb and crash into my house last night. Cut open my siding like it was knife. No power here and haven't been able to watch markets all day. Someone told me metals are up. I caution everyone to not get cute with metals. Remember that we are still far under the ultimate targets. And miners are usually the last to rise. But when they do, it can be extreme.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
bhanacik
AG
Sorry to hear that
triggerhappy
AG
M4 Benelli said:

Back in POWL for a 4th time.

I missed POWL last round and decided to wait it out. Have been working hard to not FOMO after getting burned during the Covid craziness. Have y'all been playing shares or options?
El_duderino
I'm just in shares for POWL. Short interest is sitting around 16% and just shy of 6 days to cover.
spud1910
AG
Sorry about the power issues. I am in the Sept. SLV $26 and 28 calls. Net free after selling a little less than half. Tempting to sell all now for a 4 bagger on what I have left.
South Platte
Dad gum I should have bought a ton more silver last week when it was down.
bhanacik
AG
yeah, I'm hoping for another wave down. still holding the remaining SLV calls and shares for now
I bleed maroon
AG
bhanacik said:

yeah, I'm hoping for another wave down. still holding the remaining SLV calls and shares for now
Through dumb luck, my SLV calls were 5/17 expiration, and I fully cashed out with handsome profits today. I've been playing SLV calls for several months, and I think this is a really strange period for metals. Money to be made with the abnormally high volatility!

Also, and probably more importantly - you're the poster who did the upcoming earnings spreadsheet analysis a few days ago. After reviewing, I liked your SE and IREN picks, but I went speculative, and bought near-term calls instead of selling puts like you recommended. I have done quite well on both, and wanted to thank you for surfacing the ideas.
HoustonAg2014
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

Number Monkey said:

Had a neighbors dead tree lose a large limb and crash into my house last night. Cut open my siding like it was knife. No power here and haven't been able to watch markets all day. Someone told me metals are up. I caution everyone to not get cute with metals. Remember that we are still far under the ultimate targets. And miners are usually the last to rise. But when they do, it can be extreme.

Sorry to hear that… What area are you?

We're in Afton Village in Spring Branch and my peaceable tree 50+ years old got derooted and was blocking the street. I have awesome neighbors and my work crew that helped clean it up. Luckily it didn't fall on anyone or anything just into the street.
Heineken-Ashi
HoustonAg2014 said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

Number Monkey said:

Sorry to hear that… What area are you?

We're in Afton Village in Spring Branch and my peaceable tree 50+ years old got derooted and was blocking the street. I have awesome neighbors and my work crew that helped clean it up. Luckily it didn't fall on anyone or anything just into the street.

Cypress north of 290. There's at least two dozen uprooted trees or trees that got chopped in half around here.

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
McInnis 03
AG
$1MM buy on 6/21 100C gamestop 30 min ago
($1.22 per contract avg)
bhanacik
AG
awesome to hear that! I pocketed good premium in IREN and SE as well

the real credit should go to 59 South for the original idea, but this just goes to show the value of posting ideas on here - it's a trickle-down effect

glad I was able to help out someone else and be on the other end of the transaction; I'm usually the one here learning from other's ideas
El_duderino
I sold those ****ing SLV calls way too early

flashplayer
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Man. If only I had that kind of cash I was willing to burn on a meme stock.
M4 Benelli
flashplayer said:

McInnis 03 said:

Man. If only I had that kind of cash I was willing to burn on a meme stock.

If I had that money I'd live out my life in safety and comfort. Time is finite, money is merely a means to buy time.
Bocephus
AG
McInnis 03 said:

That dude wants to be a WSB legend
TAMU ‘98 Ole Miss ‘21
BaylorSpineGuy
Can someone do some DD on a stock called POET? It's a beaten down tech stock play but seems they recently developed new tech "optical transposer" or something - beyond my zone of genius - and they won a contract with Foxconn a couple months back. They turned heads at some conference in San Diego in March supposedly. About a month ago stock traded immense volume really on no news whatsoever that I could tell. Like most volume in company history and has reversed direction on the stock. This new tech may have a role in AI/data centers, etc.

Fundamentals like profit margin, growth, etc., look abysmal, but curious if this new tech changes face for company.

Would appreciate any insight…
Heineken-Ashi
Still no power here. I'm useless right now.

cslifer
Interesting technology if it understand it correctly. But that company…ooof. Reading their financial statements they brought in a whopping 8 grand last quarter and include "serious concerns about the company continuing". They are also involved in a contract with a Chinese company where they contribute intellectual property which doesn't seem to smart, but that is a person opinion. I THINK that big volume you say was actually an at the market stock offering but I could be wrong. Because the company appears to be a 2 alarm dumpster fire and I don't entirely understand the tech enough to get excited about it I am staying away.
BaylorSpineGuy
That's what I was putting together. The stock went from$1 to $3.50 in short order so was curious if a fire was being lit, but this stock just might be hot garbage.

Thanks!
El_duderino
SLV already trying to break $30 this evening
bmoochie
AG
Glad you're safe overall. I'm 249/Louetta and that was the nastiest storm I have ever witnessed in person. Still no internet but at least power is back.

Back to stonks, I naturally sold SLV wayyyy too early a few weeks back. Hoping we see the dip you see is a possibility to load up.

I'm waiting for the "go away in May to start". Feels like a shoe could drop anytime and we wake up down 100 points for no reason. But at the same time we just keep churning up. Market has me all kinds of confused for sure.
Heineken-Ashi
Based on what silver is doing tonight, we're starting to approach the territory of bull run fully underway. I've said many times, metals can go fast once they start. Go back 20 years and watch how long it takes them to build and compare to once they actually take off.

Last time I will say this. Metals are for accumulating. Selling is for much higher levels. Options have a time factor and decay, so taking some profits is understandable. But don't lose sight of the targets. And we still aren't close.

bmoochie
AG
Iranian president confirmed dead in that crash. Curious if that has any impact on market.
Bocephus
AG
bmoochie said:

Iranian president confirmed dead in that crash. Curious if that has any impact on market.

Typically the instability would cause the market to go down (plus profit taking from record high on Friday). So I expect the market to go up
TAMU ‘98 Ole Miss ‘21
First Page Last Page
Page 6449 of 6616

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.