Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,979,717 Views | 231555 Replies | Last: 21 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
EnronAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ballsy...just be prepared to own those shares...hope I'm wrong for your sake though...

if it legs up more tomorrow, I'd be much more inclined to sell OTM calls about a month out...we all know how this thing ends...and a month would probably give you enough time to let this dog and pony show roll over...but my trade is naked and has unlimited downside, so it's most likely stupid to go against these numbnuts...
Talon2DSO
AG
Sold both AMC and GME. Both keep getting halted.

Do you know who's NOT getting halted: HUMA. That one is still on a rocket
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Markets gave no ****s about high PPI. Of course it happens after I go conservative and free up cash for the dip.

Glad I sent most of it to money market, at least.
flashplayer
AG
Talon2DSO said:

Sold both AMC and GME. Both keep getting halted.

Do you know who's NOT getting halted: HUMA. That one is still on a rocket

Yep. Just bought HUMA Sept calls to add to my Dec calls.
El_duderino
And Powell says rates staying elevated for longer as well.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Boy Named Sue
AG
bhanacik said:

Charismatic Megafauna said:

I like tos but i only use it for charting and alerts. I too need to watch some videos on how to trade directly in it
here's some good think or swim playlists that I watched that really helped the transition (I also came over from Schwab Street Smart Edge)

Coming from SSE to tos

Getting started with tos
Thanks for posting these. I'll watch, and noticed the second link has chapters with specific topics. On SSE I liked that I could make a custom screen where I could actively trade while still monitoring holdings, and the visual of it was very intuitive. So far, to me, TOS just isn't as intuitive.

But with the way everyone else raves about it, I'm confident I just haven't figured it out yet and will at some point.
Maximus Johnson
AG
HUMA is rallying again. Is anyone doubling down on their position?
South Platte
Maximus Johnson said:

South Platte
Maximus Johnson said:

Heineken-Ashi
Boy Named Sue said:

bhanacik said:

Charismatic Megafauna said:

I like tos but i only use it for charting and alerts. I too need to watch some videos on how to trade directly in it
here's some good think or swim playlists that I watched that really helped the transition (I also came over from Schwab Street Smart Edge)

Coming from SSE to tos

Getting started with tos
Thanks for posting these. I'll watch, and noticed the second link has chapters with specific topics. On SSE I liked that I could make a custom screen where I could actively trade while still monitoring holdings, and the visual of it was very intuitive. So far, to me, TOS just isn't as intuitive.

But with the way everyone else raves about it, I'm confident I just haven't figured it out yet and will at some point.
I've been on thinkorswim since before COVID. I tried to switch to Interactive Brokers earlier this year and absolutely hated it despite every great trader I know raving about it. When you are comfortable with something to the point that its like a fabric of your being, changing is extremely difficult. It will take some time, but thinkorswim is a good trading platform.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
Maximus Johnson
AG
South Platte said:

Maximus Johnson said:

Since you posted 2 gif's I double doubled down
Heineken-Ashi
Go back to my posts yesterday discussing RSI buy signals and MACD crossovers. Here's some energy names that have signaled entry. Buy here with stop at recent low. If the MACD crosses back over, you can either sell and wait for next confirmation to buy back, or just let your stop work.

These are hourly. If they fail they fail. But do this 100 times and the winners will far far outpace the very low risk losers. If you want to do it on daily only, you need to be very patient.

Here's one that is going to try and confirm soon but is on wait and see until it does

And here's a non-energy that has confirmed with ridiculously low risk - just freaking buy it here with stop at recent low.

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
flashplayer
AG
Lookout below! AMC has entered a nosedive.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Sigh. Me and my whole team getting outsourced.
El_duderino
Damn. Sorry to hear man
EnronAg
AG
yeah, sorry to hear, man...I hate that we keep hearing all these BS "goldilocks" reports when we all know the truth on this forum...keep on pounding the TNA for profit (queue Prog's gif)
flashplayer
AG
That's a gut punch but things will work out. No doubt you will find a way to buy this dip.

Of all the weeks for that to happen……You could just roll everything into GME and AMC calls and retire.
EnronAg
AG
I think you misspelled 'puts'
flashplayer
AG
Nah. There's still magic in that dirty carpet and it's still headed skyward. Maybe.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Thanks guys. Good news is apparently we're being outsourced to a different company with supposedly no change to salary.

But, will definitely be losing compensation in the form of benefits and vacation time. Still a lot of details to come.

So, not great, but things could definitely be worse.
Talon2DSO
AG
Thanks to WWR, my portfolio has been red for years.

Thanks to META puts a couple of weeks ago and the AMC/GME rocket this morning, I'm in back in the green in my retirement account.

Really thankful for posters like OA, Heineken, and the gang.
South Platte
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Thanks guys. Good news is apparently we're being outsourced to a different company with supposedly no change to salary.

But, will definitely be losing compensation in the form of benefits and vacation time. Still a lot of details to come.

So, not great, but things could definitely be worse.
So you're being moved to contract employee status? You're single, correct?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Believe so, yeah. And yes.
HoustonAg2014
AG
Talon2DSO said:

Thanks to WWR, my portfolio has been red for years.

Thanks to META puts a couple of weeks ago and the AMC/GME rocket this morning, I'm in back in the green in my retirement account.

Really thankful for posters like OA, Heineken, and the gang.
One day if WWR pulls an AMC/GME, Texags is going to crash and everyone on premium is going to think we landed a boat load of 5 star recruits
South Platte
AMC and GME. Where's the bottom?
flashplayer
AG
South Platte said:

EnronAg
AG
$0.01 above WWR
Heineken-Ashi
If you hold on to WWR long enough, you will be able to exit at $90 in 20 years. Unfortunately, a Mcdouble will cost the same amount. But hey, WWR can't buy a hamburger today, so it's improvement.

South Platte
flashplayer said:

South Platte said:

"Thanks for the cheap shares"
EnronAg
AG
how many reverse splits does that include?!?
Heineken-Ashi
EnronAg said:

how many reverse splits does that include?!?
Yes

TxAgLaw03RW
AG
So you're saying we should buy more, right?
flashplayer
AG

Not sure what it means but if the minions think it means time to buy, get ready to ride again.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
So when it comes to 401k rollovers, those aren't necessary or beneficial in any way, correct?

I'm thinking I just leave my current one with my current employer.
First Page Last Page
Page 6441 of 6616

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.