Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,981,110 Views | 231555 Replies | Last: 23 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
flashplayer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Chef Elko said:

FWIW I sold a while back. I bought because a politician likely with insider information bought it. I'm just following a whale on a company I have no idea what they do and will never know what they do

They make an artificial blood vessel that eventually gets colonized by your own cells and becomes like your original vessel. Among other things.

It will be a huge development for vascular surgery if successful.
flashplayer
AG
I'm curious what others are doing with BABA up 5% today ahead of earnings.

I'm tempted to walk away and thank OA for the nearly 10% gain since his recommendation a short time ago. But I remember he was stating it could go up to around $100.
fauxstradamus
AG
just got in for those HUMA december calls and up .30 5 min later. Thanks for tip
HoustonAg2014
AG
Was up 110% this morning hahaha wow
Boy Named Sue
AG
flashplayer said:

I'm curious what others are doing with BABA up 5% today ahead of earnings.

I'm tempted to walk away and thank OA for the nearly 10% gain since his recommendation a short time ago. But I remember he was stating it could go up to around $100.
Guess you bought shares? My dumbass bought 5/10 expiry 82C last week, when I meant to buy 5/17. Had two missteps in TOS that cost me big last week. The other was TSLA, where I sold my puts instead of buying more.

I had the right setup and made the right decision both times, then just screwed up in the software. I'm still adjusting to TOS, obviously, after Schwab switched from SSE. So far, I don't like TOS and need to watch some tutorials. Anybody got any recommendations for youtube vids? Or maybe I should get Schwab to walk me through it.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Jeez how are you supposed to trade on schwab? It's like fidelity. Is there an app?
flashplayer
AG
Yeah I bought shares. I am leaning towards selling about noon today and then tipping my cap to OA when it rockets up after earnings tomorrow….or buying back in if it happens to drop in exaggerated fashion.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I like tos but i only use it for charting and alerts. I too need to watch some videos on how to trade directly in it
Boy Named Sue
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

Jeez how are you supposed to trade on schwab? It's like fidelity. Is there an app?
They have trading software, both app and desktop. I'm not on the website or the actual Schwab app. They had StreetSmartEdge when I started. It worked great for me. Then they bought Ameritrade and switched to ThinkOrSwim. I also use TradvingView for charts.

What do you use?
El_duderino
I use active trader within ToS and it's great/fast to use
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
BABA
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

You can trade on both the Schwab mobile app or the ToS app.
Ag CPA
AG
Who is stupid enough to still be shorting meme stocks, only takes one tweet to wipe you out.

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/05/13/gamestop-short-sellers-have-already-lost-1-billion-from-mondays-monster-rally.html
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I was using tos for charting and tda web interface on the computer and tda app on the phone. I just need to learn active trader and get the schwab phone app i guess.
Maximus Johnson
AG
Okay HUMA is going silly today. Up 14%
Chef Elko
AG
Trying to ride the GME wave. In and out of KOSS this morning. Swinging the bat again with INTZ.
Boy Named Sue
AG
The TOS app on iphone works great. I really only use it to close trades though, if I have to be mobile, unless I also have TV up on my ipad.
South Platte
AMC and GME. Holy crap people, we're really going to run this back? I should sell every stock I own at this point. This market has totally lost it.
GreasenUSA
AG
South Platte said:

AMC and GME. Holy crap people, we're really going to run this back? I should sell every stock I own at this point. This market has totally lost it.

Looks like we really are. He's posted 3 more times so far this morning.

Meanwhile, I've just been covering an OXY short on the way down.
Heineken-Ashi
Stay away
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
Maximus Johnson
AG
I'm going to have some fun with the AMC stuff
flashplayer
AG
Someone tell him POWL is also a good meme stock so my Friday call doesn't expire worthless.
Heineken-Ashi
Here's an example of an upswing alert turning sour. UBER. Got the RSI buy signal. MACD (purple) crossed the signal line (MACD average - yellow). It was below the -4ATR Keltner band. This told me to swing buy with stop at $63.80. Well right now, the MACD has come back and is threatening to cross back over. 4hr (right pane) MACD has turned back down and is using the signal line as resistance. This tells me to be on high alert for a potential new low. Downtrend is rising along with strength of trend. We're in stick save territory here.

If this turns back down, it will be one of those cases where RSI signaled a buy but couldn't get followthrough. This can happen a half dozen times in a longer downtrend, which is why MACD is so important. You have to get the MACD cross and it has to hold. The second it flips back under, you have to expect renewed downtrend.

The red 610 daily EMA below might be a magnet here.

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
Bocephus
AG
Sold half my $GME
TAMU ‘98 Ole Miss ‘21
Talon2DSO
AG
$WWR needs to become the next meme stock
Heineken-Ashi
Pivoting to an energy stock - APA. We have the RSI swing signal fired on daily. Stop would be $28.90 right now. But I'm waiting on the MACD crossover to confirm before I enter. It's close, but until it confirms, I'm in wait and see mode.

bhanacik
AG

I like tos but i only use it for charting and alerts. I too need to watch some videos on how to trade directly in it
here's some good think or swim playlists that I watched that really helped the transition (I also came over from Schwab Street Smart Edge)

Coming from SSE to tos

Getting started with tos
EliteZags
AG
South Platte said:

Ragoo
AG
Maximus Johnson said:

bought the 6/21 5c

To the moon!
flashplayer
AG
Bought shares, puts, and calls. If this thing skyrockets I will be buying some new toys and I am pretty much setup to where the worst I do is break even now.
Brewmaster
AG
Ragoo said:

Maximus Johnson said:

bought the 6/21 5c

To the moon!
yeah, flow all day, even now, they're squeezing the piss out of these
Heineken-Ashi
AAPL trying to poke through the upper boundary of the channel.

Charismatic Megafauna
AG

Bought a couple mara weeklies, seems to have put in a nice base. Btc getting primed?
FTAG 2000
AG
SAVA with a run of Form 4s after the market closed - all insider buys.
Heineken-Ashi
If BTC can't make a lower low, then my base expectation for the top of this 2-year bull run moves from $100k to $115k with upper end potential moving from $125k to $145k.

But I'm just not sold its off to the races yet. Go back and look at the first significant correction of this rally between April and September of last year. The first half of that pattern looks extremely similar to what we've gotten off the high. My guess is that we get back to previous highs and then turn back down one more time, potentially even getting to my ideal target of $48k. Am I betting on it though? No. Am I bullish yet? No. Not until I see a clearly impulsive upward pattern.

First Page Last Page
Page 6439 of 6616

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.