Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,981,686 Views | 231555 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Heineken-Ashi
EliteZags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bought HOOD dip

insane quarter, market skeptical
EnronAg
AG
time for afternoon rocket...bears thru in the towel at SPY $520...

what's the news on GOOG?!?!
ProgN
EnronAg said:

time for afternoon rocket...bears thru in the towel at SPY $520...

what's the news on GOOG?!?!
Open AI will not unveil their AI search on Monday as previously announced. It's a direct challenge to GOOG monopoly.
M4 Benelli
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Shifting back to conservative mode. Took TQQQ and TNA profits, and shifting a large chunk of cash back into a money market fund.

Still left a bit TNA and SSO in though in case of a bounce.

Same, copped my under the bra feel on POWL for a second time. Should've been three times, but this broad wanted to be taken out to Olive Garden. Will buy back at a healthier rate if it falls to 160 next week. If it blows upward due to shorts drowning at the trough, so it shall be.

El_duderino
Same. I'll just ride the waves since it's bouncing from $150s to $170s
JbKing45
https://www.wsj.com/economy/trade/biden-to-quadruple-tariffs-on-chinese-evs-203127bf?st=h4pkyrntnlesqqk&reflink=article_copyURL_share

This could interesting. WWR appears to have a little more involvement with DC, timing makes sense with the SK announcement/push back delivery date of production for almost two years which syncs up with the recent announcement of 2-year reprieve on the Chinese graphite tariff the other week.
sts7049
AG
WWR is a turd, it ain't coming back from the dead
TheVarian
AG
A man can dream

bhanacik
AG
bhanacik said:

59 South said:

You guys have turned into a freaking bear cave.

I sold 60 $ENVX 5/3 5.5 puts yesterday for .36. Strategy I'm working on- find beat up stock right before earnings with juiced premium and sell puts. This trade is a week long and should net $2160.

Ties up about $31k for a week. Earns about 7% on that capital in a week! Be the house.

Sell the puts fairly out of the money. If called out (fairly unlikely) then immediately sell covered calls out a month at same strike puts were sold.
I'm was sitting at home on my day off with a sick kiddo and played around with this today. Think or Swim has a nifty scan that shows earnings coming up in the next 5 days. I started with that and added a few filters. Here were the tickers I was watching with a few data points:

I had limit orders in for the ones in green and only got filled on 3 of the contracts for SAVE. We'll see what happens.

Interesting thought exercise for the day; thanks for posting the idea

Still playing around with the idea posted by 59 South around looking for beaten down stocks with upcoming earnings. It would have worked out by pocketing premium with the three I highlighted originally and it didn't really seem dependent on whether the earnings were good, bad, or mixed as long as you picked strikes a bit out of the money.

Looking ahead for the next 10 days, these were the tickers that caught my eye. I have limit orders set for the ones highlighted and will report back on if they get filled next week and if I get assigned or not. Not a bad percentage for tying up a little bit of cash for a week.

DavysApprentice
AG
bhanacik said:

bhanacik said:

59 South said:

I sold 60 $ENVX 5/3 5.5 puts yesterday for .36. Strategy I'm working on- find beat up stock right before earnings with juiced premium and sell puts. This trade is a week long and should net $2160.

Ties up about $31k for a week. Earns about 7% on that capital in a week! Be the house.

Sell the puts fairly out of the money. If called out (fairly unlikely) then immediately sell covered calls out a month at same strike puts were sold.
I'm was sitting at home on my day off with a sick kiddo and played around with this today. Think or Swim has a nifty scan that shows earnings coming up in the next 5 days. I started with that and added a few filters. Here were the tickers I was watching with a few data points:

I had limit orders in for the ones in green and only got filled on 3 of the contracts for SAVE. We'll see what happens.

Still playing around with the idea posted by 59 South around looking for beaten down stocks with upcoming earnings. It would have worked out by pocketing premium with the three I highlighted originally and it didn't really seem dependent on whether the earnings were good, bad, or mixed as long as you picked strikes a bit out of the money.

Looking ahead for the next 10 days, these were the tickers that caught my eye. I have limit orders set for the ones highlighted and will report back on if they get filled next week and if I get assigned or not. Not a bad percentage for tying up a little bit of cash for a week.

Selling puts has always been something I struggle with doing even though generally speaking this strategy by 59 is a good one.

I guess it's the massive potential downside if things tank on you. Do you at least buy a put significantly below the strike you sold to somewhat cap losses if the worst happens?
HoustonAg2014
AG
Was WWR named in the article? I didn't see it so not trying to play dumb. I may have missed it.
El_duderino
PPI and Powell Tuesday
YoY inflation rate and CPI Wednesday.
bhanacik
AG
Yeah I'm looking at strikes with at least a 70% OTM statistic
FishrCoAg
AG
DavysApprentice said:

bhanacik said:

bhanacik said:

59 South said:

Selling puts has always been something I struggle with doing even though generally speaking this strategy by 59 is a good one.

I guess it's the massive potential downside if things tank on you. Do you at least buy a put significantly below the strike you sold to somewhat cap losses if the worst happens?

. Downside potential isn't any worse than owning the shares outright unless you sell more puts than you have money to cover. It's all about position sizing.
El_duderino
Deleted the tweet for being misleading. They removed ground coffee between 13.1-20oz (if I read correctly), so not removed completely, but a weird decision regardless. Added the BlS direct link to show the removal without twitter bs

https://www.bls.gov/cpi/additional-resources/discontinued-series.htm
flashplayer
AG
Govt: If you take away coffee, fuel, food, shelter, transportation, insurance, and medical care, inflation isn't really that bad.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Well isn't that ****ing convenient.
GreasenUSA
AG

Roaring Kitty just came out of hiding after 3 years. Guess GME has been waking up.
Talon2DSO
AG
I don't know what this means
GreasenUSA
AG
Talon2DSO said:

I don't know what this means
My post or his image?

If it's the former, watch the movie Dumb Money. Highly entertaining.

If the latter, my guess is that it's a gamer sitting forward in his chair.

Might as well put GME up on your screen this week. It's going to get some movement from this.
EliteZags
AG
man still holding 100 shares from playin around with that fire in 2021 sold a bit for 4x and now still just up about 20%, has just been sitting around on display for sentimental value I guess
McInnis 03
AG
GreasenUSA said:

Roaring Kitty just came out of hiding after 3 years. Guess GME has been waking up.

And.....FOLLOW THROUGH
Heineken-Ashi
Sounds like I picked a good week to miss.

AAPL - nothing new here. Watching the channel and some clear gap patterns for signals.

SMCI, MARA, POWL, PLTR still showing bearishness with clear hurdles to switch back to bullish.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
Maximus Johnson
AG
I am down on PLTR just at 4%. Should I eat the loss and sell now or hold on?
Heineken-Ashi
10 year yield is loading up for a move. MACD and RSI showing divergence on hourly. 4.30% - 4.37% is a key range if it dips one more time. If it holds that, the potential for the next big move to get to 5% is ripe.

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
cryption
Don't the memes generally run right before the next leg down?
Heineken-Ashi
While I was gone last week, Crude oil threw off a daily buy signal. Last one was in December. RSI has reversed back up and MACD is 1-3 positive days from signaling upward as well. While this can happen for very short upward runs in overall downtrends like the period between September and December of last year, it is something to watch.

Maximus Johnson
AG
HUMA above $5. Considering selling and taking my 40% profit. Thoughts?
Heineken-Ashi
CLF is a buy right here, looking for $19-$21 range, stop $17

bhanacik
AG
Maximus Johnson said:

was just going to post this as I've been watching since it was brought up. Might consider a trim as it's been up for 5 consecutive weeks
flashplayer
AG
HUMA is going to explode up when it gets FDA approval. I wouldn't sell but thats just me. I am loading up on December calls right now.
bhanacik
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

CLF is a buy right here, looking for $19-$21 range, stop $17
in with you, looks good
Maximus Johnson
AG
bhanacik said:

Maximus Johnson said:

was just going to post this as I've been watching since it was brought up. Might consider a trim as it's been up for 5 consecutive weeks
I don't know how much stock (pun intended) you guys put into things like this, but this little blurb is the only reason I didn't sell half my shares a few minutes ago (I am admittedly a novice at trading)

El_duderino
TSLA making a push back to $180 today? Big volume right around this $174-$175 area, otherwise it's $180 or back down around $172.
Chef Elko
AG
FWIW I sold a while back. I bought because a politician likely with insider information bought it. I'm just following a whale on a company I have no idea what they do and will never know what they do
First Page Last Page
Page 6438 of 6616

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.