Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,980,130 Views | 231555 Replies | Last: 22 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
El_duderino
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Timmay!
Anyone own HUMA (Tommy Tuberville insider buy)? Thoughts? Input?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Surprised TNA is holding up so well with SMCI in the red.

If it recovers, TNA should blast up.
Brewmaster
AG
deddog
AG
Is ARM a Buy at 103?
Brewmaster
AG
deddog said:

Is ARM a Buy at 103?
not me, close that gap at 80 and I'll buy
cjo03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

cjo03 said:

big day today for $CRCT.. earnings weren't all that remarkable yesterday, but did announce dividend and buy back.

subject to blackout & restrictions most of the year but putting back out here if anyone wants to opine. still far from post-IPO highs and who knows if it'll stick, but fun to see some movement.

Goalpost trade. I wonder if those low buyers cashed out today?

dunno. we're down a bit today so will be curious to see what sticks.

last year about this time an initial hedge fund (10%+ owner) started unloading their position and were completely out by february.. morgan stanley, vanguard, and blackrock took 3-6% positions. still have our original majority holder with 75%+
Maximus Johnson
AG
Yes I do but am not experienced at all on this stuff. If you go about a month or so back there were some discussions on HUMA. I own quite a bit of it with a cost basis of 3.56. In the green just under 30% as of now
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
If TNA breaks through its 39.40 resistance, it feel like it's got a clear runway up to 41+ again.
RenoAg
reedsterg said:

RenoAg said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

Next resistance

SPX - 5190 SPY 518
IWM - 207
QQQ - 441
SLV - 25.35 then 26
BTC - 67,230
MARA - 22 then 24
CLSK - 18.05 - very close - then 20
10Y yield - 4.57% hard support 4.45%.
AAPL - 188
META - 473
XOM - 118.50
XLE - 94.75
TSLA -194
NVDA - ATH
AMD - 163
SMCI - 860 then 950
PLTR - 25.50
POWL - 175

WWR next resistance 49 cents. Like a taco bell bean burrito in the 90s.
Second day over 50 cents.

That post was more about the bean burrito. But unlike the taco bell bean burrito, wwr is not likely to cause anything blasting off unless you are referring to the bottom of my investment account. It's definitely strong on the pressure there.
I bleed maroon
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

If TNA breaks through its 39.40 resistance, it feel like it's got a clear runway up to 41+ again.
I am feeling the opposite - - - just layered in another set of puts on TNA, SPY, and TQQQ.

The TNA puts are June 21 expiration, so maybe we both can win!?!?
ProgN
deddog said:

Is ARM a Buy at 103?
What's your time horizon? Long term, then yes. For a trade, it's murky at the moment.
South Platte
My only loss is on a stock that I picked myself. All of my Texags recommended stocks are green, some very green. If that's not a vote of confidence for Forum 57, I don't know what is.
reedsterg
AG
RenoAg said:

reedsterg said:

RenoAg said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

Next resistance

SPX - 5190 SPY 518
IWM - 207
QQQ - 441
SLV - 25.35 then 26
BTC - 67,230
MARA - 22 then 24
AAPL - 188
META - 473
XOM - 118.50
XLE - 94.75
TSLA -194
NVDA - ATH
AMD - 163
SMCI - 860 then 950
PLTR - 25.50
POWL - 175

That post was more about the bean burrito. But unlike the taco bell bean burrito, wwr is not likely to cause anything blasting off unless you are referring to the bottom of my investment account. It's definitely strong on the pressure there.
I came across this article the other day. This guy sounds more "glass half full" than the rest of us. https://investornews.com/critical-minerals-rare-earths/wes****er-resources-solidifies-position-in-the-graphite-anode-market/
reedsterg
AG
reedsterg said:

RenoAg said:

reedsterg said:

RenoAg said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

Next resistance

SPX - 5190 SPY 518
IWM - 207
QQQ - 441
SLV - 25.35 then 26
BTC - 67,230
MARA - 22 then 24
AAPL - 188
META - 473
XOM - 118.50
XLE - 94.75
TSLA -194
NVDA - ATH
AMD - 163
SMCI - 860 then 950
PLTR - 25.50
POWL - 175

I came across this article the other day. This guy sounds more "glass half full" than the rest of us. https://investornews.com/critical-minerals-rare-earths/wes****er-resources-solidifies-position-in-the-graphite-anode-market/
Apparently w e s t w a t e r is a naughty word and you'll have to cut/paste/edit if you want to see it.
ETX_Ag_22_24
AG
ETX_Ag_22_24 said:

3 inside days for GME. Explosive move up or down coming?

Took all day to get going, but 12%+ in the last hour
Chef Elko
AG
GME hittin'

Fun to watch
Maximus Johnson
AG
F57 stonks are the only stonks I buy
deddog
AG
ProgN said:

deddog said:

Is ARM a Buy at 103?
What's your time horizon? Long term, then yes. For a trade, it's murky at the moment.

For trade (fun money)
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I bleed maroon said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

I am feeling the opposite - - - just layered in another set of puts on TNA, SPY, and TQQQ.

The TNA puts are June 21 expiration, so maybe we both can win!?!?
Maybe. I never bet against the market when it starts doing this, but hey, if TNA can hit my sell at 41 and then crash down again for a re-entry, no complaints.
EnronAg
AG
agree with BES...I'm not betting against this donkey market (election year has a stupid track record to just melt up) until history proves me otherwise...every $1T bill will be signed...Fed will continue QE and easing monetary policy...economic data will be faked...there are no barriors for this thing not to ramp to SPX 5,500 pre-election...bears shorting this market are just asking for pain...
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
F&G Index is about to move back into Neutral.
Bonfire.1996
Let's face it, fortune 250 companies benefit way too much from the math behind buybacks on an EPS growth perspective and volume buying perspective. It's not worth fighting it when corporate profits are so substantial.

We will have plenty of warning when they cannot perform this financial stunt any longer. For now, it looks like this melt continues at least through Summer and we can plan accordingly.
EliteZags
AG
so we can make money waiting for the crash this time?
FJB24
FJB24 said:

No inside source, but my suspicion is Insulet will announce their timeline this year for the iphone app, which is key to their pricing/market penetration in the T1D market, where presently on many formularies they have had an obstacle with regards to their controller being sometimes considered a DME (Durable medical equipment).

The FDA gave approval back in October but moving their customer base to iPhones for dosing is a big operation so no formal announcement other than '2024' so far of when it goes live. PODD has had some headwinds the past year or so (caveat, I own a tiny bit), but one to keep an eye on with May 9 earnings coming up.
They seemed to do ok with earnings after the bell yesterday. Will see how they open:
Quote:

Here is how Insulet performed in the just reported quarter in terms of the metrics most widely monitored and projected by Wall Street analysts:
  • Revenue- International Omnipod: $115.30 million compared to the $106.32 million average estimate based on six analysts. The reported number represents a change of +16.9% year over year.
  • Revenue- U.S. Omnipod: $317.70 million versus $311.93 million estimated by six analysts on average. Compared to the year-ago quarter, this number represents a +22.7% change.
  • Revenue- Total Omnipod: $433 million compared to the $418.25 million average estimate based on six analysts. The reported number represents a change of +21.1% year over year.
  • Revenue- Drug Delivery: $8.70 million versus $5.56 million estimated by six analysts on average. Compared to the year-ago quarter, this number represents a +1640% change.

Talon2DSO
AG
SOUNDHOUND

Whoever called this one out, thank you!
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
Talon2DSO said:

SOUNDHOUND

Holy Mackeral.

Up 21%
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
Red Pear Luke (BCS) said:

Talon2DSO said:

SOUNDHOUND

Holy Mackeral.

Up 21%

Jim Cramer on May 2nd "SoundHound is losing money, it's no good for me."

Thats a sign of endorsement
South Platte
POWL

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Not sure what caused the spike on TQQQ, but I took profits at 60 and ran.
El_duderino
Consumer sentiment comes in way low. 67.4 vs 76 est.

Sentiment at a 6 month low.
Talon2DSO
AG
And down comes it all
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Charismatic Megafauna said:

So when the volume comes in the stonks should go down, right?

Ok I'll stop shorting until spy 521.5

Let's burn this mother down
bhanacik
AG
Red Pear Luke (BCS) said:

Talon2DSO said:

SOUNDHOUND

Holy Mackeral.

Up 21%
It looked good to me and I asked the board for feedback on it. Prog took a look and said it looked pretty good to him as well, so I bought a handful of 5.50 May17 calls thinking earnings may be a catalyst for an upward jump. Sold those calls for 100% shortly after open this morning. So far that has been the top and I was happy with 100% return even if it wasn't.

Wish I would've bought more but I haven't had the best experience with options, so went in light expecting to risk it all.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Shifting back to conservative mode. Took TQQQ and TNA profits, and shifting a large chunk of cash back into a money market fund.

Still left a bit TNA and SSO in though in case of a bounce.
First Page Last Page
Page 6437 of 6616

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.