Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,986,924 Views | 231572 Replies | Last: 36 min ago by El_duderino
flashplayer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yes I did watch them and was very entertained. I have also enjoyed watching this thread the past several months. Great source of information and appreciate people being willing to share their experiences as we go.
Heineken-Ashi
I bleed maroon said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

BLDE Nov $5's had 1,000 contracts today. This was not the only place I posted the play. If this works out, a lot of people are going to make bank. But just know, we might need to keep our eye on available liquidity as time moves on.
I bought August $5 BLDE calls back in early Feb. So while I agree with your sentiment, I'm gonna have to ask for a quicker ramp up than you need!
August is the preferred target. So you should be fine. I just wanted a little more leeway.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
ProgN said:

HoustonAg_2009 said:

Prog When are you going to start nibbling on AIQ?

I do believe that AI is going to be the next major jump in society and I want to always have participation in it. That said, AIQ will not be something I trade, it will be where I park 5-10% of the profit each trade that I make off my active trading. I'm treating it like a savings account. I don't even look at it because I consider it just planted profits and not tradeable.

This is exactly what I do with QQQM.
ProgN
Full disclosure fam, but I did not have time to post this in real time. I bought first purchases of NVDA, SMCI, ARM (stock, not options) in the last 2 minutes of trading today. I've always said that no one can pick the bottom and I didn't jump in with both feet, I'm scaling in. If they continue to drop, then I have dry powder to add should I choose to. Below is my reasoning for doing so.

1) NVDA -- It's the leader and I think they split soon, and want to be in it when they report earnings in case they declare a split. If they don't and get beat up, then I'll add more while they're on sale.

2) SMCI -- Similar to NVDA, they'll declare a split soon and with their small float it could be a 5 or 10 for 1. If not, I'll add more if they get beat up, but they're very profitable.

3) ARM -- is close enough to their post IPO price before they exploded so I see minimal risk.

I used some of that cash pile that I posted I was creating earlier this year to be ready to buy when fear makes people sell. Today was one of those days in those stocks on my target list.
EliteZags
AG
also got in NVDA 1min before close, my first direct ownership shares, though I have somewhere around $40K exposure through diff funds
El_duderino
NVDA and SMCI are on my radar with these sell offs and possible splits for both
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Had a small +3.8% profit on LUV, exited in AH and rotated into NVDA, TQQQ, SSO, and GOOGL.
bmoochie
AG
Had a trade today with NVDA puts. Took $820s from $2.32 to $3.50 with trims along the way. Then proceeded to watch those puts get as far as $62 per put. So only pizza tonight instead of wagyu steak
bmoochie
AG
bmoochie said:

Had a trade today with NVDA puts. Took $820s from $2.32 to $3.50 with trims along the way. Then proceeded to watch those puts get as far as $62 per put. So only pizza tonight instead of wagyu steak

Yes I know profit blah blah lol. But that was a tough gut punch!
Heineken-Ashi
bmoochie said:

Sounds like pizza instead of Macallen M

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
ProgN
Brian Earl Spilner said:

ProgN said:

HoustonAg_2009 said:

Prog When are you going to start nibbling on AIQ?

I do believe that AI is going to be the next major jump in society and I want to always have participation in it. That said, AIQ will not be something I trade, it will be where I park 5-10% of the profit each trade that I make off my active trading. I'm treating it like a savings account. I don't even look at it because I consider it just planted profits and not tradeable.

This is exactly what I do with QQQM.
If you're doing the same approach and just layering in with a percentage of profits off trades, then I think we're both taking the same approach and building a long term position in something that we believe will give us better annual returns than a money market or CD.
5C
AG
I bought NVDA at 481.00

I assume I shouldn't sell it?
Heineken-Ashi
Bitcoin has been halved. Let's see what price does over the weekend.

I have no MARA yet but do have some CLSK. And I added to my large CORZ position this week.

Fightin2010
AG
CheladaAg
AG
A good friend that has a lot of familiarity with SMCI , works indirectly with them, said their valuation doesn't make sense as they are a low margin computer OEM.
bmoochie
AG
Soooooooooooo this means over valued and puts???
FishrCoAg
AG
bmoochie said:

Soooooooooooo this means over valued and puts???
. It can stay overvalued for a long time.
McInnis 03
AG
It sure as hell did yesterday
ProgN
CheladaAg said:

A good friend that has a lot of familiarity with SMCI , works indirectly with them, said their valuation doesn't make sense as they are a low margin computer OEM.
Thank you, I respect that, but I've been following them for 2 years and didn't buy them because of I was waiting for them to fill their earnings gap when they gapped up to $70. I was also told by someone I respect immensely that it wasn't anything special, that was at $130.

Look at their earnings YOY and backlog. They were unknown by a lot of firms on the Street, but now they're no longer ignored by brokerages. Hell look at the price targets that firms have put out as the stock continued to climb, a firm this week raised their PT to $1,500. I'm f'ing mad at myself for owning 100 share lots and writing weekly CC way out of the money and banking premium every week, but then it exploded and I feel like a fool when it exploded higher and I was no longer in it. It was a solid strategy and profitable but the weekly premiums above my purchase price are pennies compared to where it went to. We're talking about an initial $27,500 for 100 shares, that I made less than $10k per 100 shrs writing weekly covered calls, being called away and then watching it print $1200+!! I felt like a piker when I was content to rake in weekly profits with no risk only to see my initial 27.5K investment be worth $120K per 100 shares in just a few months!

I dgaf what any friend, mine or yours, says about SMCI, Listening to others instead of staying true to my discipline cost me a boat load of profits and for the accounts I control. That feeling of regret cuts deep.

That said, here's what I see going forward and I'm betting on myself. SMCI's management has ties to NVDA. NVDA's chips are the pinnacle in AI. Their new advanced chips, and all to follow, will contain 'Blackwell' software. This will create subscription, thus recurring revenue to NVDA. SMCI also uses AMD, INTC, etc. in addition to NVDA chips for their equipment. AMD and INTC have already announced their coming AI chips, but they won't have the subscription software to go with it. SMCI is well position with all suppliers to profit from them all. SMCI is also very profitable with a large backlog of orders. They also have an extremely small float so they'd be f'ing dumb****s if they don't split their stock.

What do you think the price action of their stock will do should they declare a 5:1, 10:1 split? Historical odds are that it will explode higher and I will have my ticket on that train and well worth the risk of holding it.
CheladaAg
AG
You da man, Prog. Always appreciate you for sharing your convictions backed by DD and honestly out on this board. Like you imply, this is trading, not a long term, fundamentals only, investing thread. Just want to contribute here and share the thoughts from someone close to the vest with those companies.
ProgN
Thank you and I apologize for my tone in my reply. I'm upset with myself and have been for awhile. No excuses for my behavior brother, I'm sorry.

ETA: Please continue to contribute ideas and opportunities, that goes for everyone, including lurkers. I've always posted that the more people engage here, will benefit us all.

sts7049
AG
bmoochie said:

i still have my put leaps. those are up nicely after friday
SAag1113
AG
If yall want to look at an interesting way to make money follow Trades by Matt on YouTube. He trades futures through Apex and has made $160K in 2 months with his strategy. He uses these trading firms to cap his risk since he's trading their money and only paying monthly fees. The strategy though is he has 20 accounts and copy trades. (Whatever trade he takes on 1 account it's executed through all of them) He'll normally trade NQ and take 1 trade for 5 pts ~ $200/account . Which multiplied by 20 is $4K a day.

Unlimited upside with capped risk. I haven't taken the plunge yet but will soon. He basically does yalls base hit strategy but with futures…..and does it with other peoples money.
bmoochie
AG
Nice!! Man that would have been a good idea but those had to pricey. What strike?
JobSecurity
AG
SAag1113 said:

If yall want to look at an interesting way to make money follow Trades by Matt on YouTube. He trades futures through Apex and has made $160K in 2 months with his strategy. He uses these trading firms to cap his risk since he's trading their money and only paying monthly fees. The strategy though is he has 20 accounts and copy trades. (Whatever trade he takes on 1 account it's executed through all of them) He'll normally trade NQ and take 1 trade for 5 pts ~ $200/account . Which multiplied by 20 is $4K a day.

Unlimited upside with capped risk. I haven't taken the plunge yet but will soon. He basically does yalls base hit strategy but with futures…..and does it with other peoples money.
I've messed with this stuff before. I won't tell you not to try this but please make sure you understand how Apex and other futures prop firms work before you dive in. Forex prop firms got a bad reputation and many have been shut down in the US for 'fraud' but their rules were so simple compared to how futures firms work. Apex has trailing drawdown and weird withdrawal rules. I'm certain there are people making money with them, but I see very limited upside to it compared to trading futures with your own account (especially for day trading where you can get intraday margin of $50 for micros).

One aspect of Apex you may not be considering is the amount of time it takes to get 20 separate accounts up through the evaluation phase and into profit. To me that is opportunity cost - that's probably hundreds of trades over many months that you could've booked real profits on a live account. Combine that with the risk of a trade copier and the trailing drawdown - you're one unfilled/slipped stop order from blowing all that time and money.

Again I won't tell you not to try it, there is certainly some opportunity there for very little out of pocket. But my suggestion is that if you have a profitable day trading strategy you should open your own small account with a real broker and grow it with micros
sts7049
AG
bmoochie said:

Nice!! Man that would have been a good idea but those had to pricey. What strike?

SAag1113
AG
Yeah it's just with your own account you're always one news story away from losing your own money as opposed to just losing your account. If you lose your account you can just go back through the process. He opened up 20 accounts at once and copy traded to pass all at once. Risk to anything, but he trades live every day and it's very impressive his results.
sts7049
AG
if it sounds too good to be true it usually is
SAag1113
AG
Maybe but nothing is hidden. Takes his trades live and even live streams his withdrawals.
Heineken-Ashi
When yall start hearing about BTC people talking about runes, don't worry, you aren't missing out on anything. In the most simple terms, think next-gen NFT's. But instead of being useless placeholders sucking your money, runes will attempt to be like "alt coins" that exist on the BTC chain, yet still suck your money.

Here's the creator himself. This is the only paragraph from the linked article you need to read.

Quote:

What's the point of Runes?

Rodarmor is refreshingly candid about his reasons for launching Runes. In a recent conversation on his "Hell Money Podcast" on YouTube, the developer made his intentions very clear: "If Runes are successful, they'll drain liquidity, technology, and attention away from other cryptocurrencies, and bring it back to Bitcoin," he said.

"The moment you realize this is a gambling and entertainment industry, everything makes sense and everybody can approach it in a more honest way," he added.

Runes, as far as its creator is concerned, isn't meant for anything more than to create speculative assets, plain and simple. There's no lofty talk of facilitating teams with runways or funding developers for projects building "the future of finance." Just fair token launches that allow people to get into a speculative asset while minimizing the risk of being rugged.
Bitcoin Runes Launch at the Halving: Here's Everything You Need to Know - Decrypt

McInnis 03
AG
just passing their entrance tests is an accomplishment as most people make the attempt but don't succeed and thus these firms make quite a bit of cash on people failing to get entrance. As stated above this isn't a carte blanche "don't do it" but buyer beware.
Heineken-Ashi
Charting a bunch of stocks this afternoon.

META
BRK
MSFT

Stocks that look to have topped in long term structures. Which coincides with all the indexes looking like they have topped. Can make a case for each of them to maybe get one more high, but the risk reward just isn't there IMO. We're in dangerous territory. Lots of room below. Like I've said, I don't expect quick crashes (like the S&P losing 50% in a single move). Smaller dumps followed by multi-month to multi-year bull-like market bounces. The end of the potential bear market cycle, however long it takes, could come with a significant crash similar to 1929-1932 and 2007-2008.

But we're still tracking well with the 2000 SPX fractal. And if we continue to track with it, then there could very well be a big move down this year into next. Once the top is fully confirmed as in, my first multi-year downside target is the COVID low to be seen again.

Be careful out there. Again, I can't rule out one more move up in these. But I wouldn't be betting on it with money you aren't willing to see wiped out.

BRK.A

META

MSFT

Heineken-Ashi
BRK.B lines up with BRK.A

sts7049
AG
i also have a good handful of META put leaps.
HoustonAg_2009
People were high on ARM earlier this year….. are you guys now thinking about loading up now that it's sub 90?
First Page Last Page
Page 6408 of 6617

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.