Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,988,137 Views | 231573 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Swollen Thumb
El_duderino
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm looking for a move up to $189-$192, but these long top wick candles have me thinking otherwise. The last two days have been bull bars, but both have closed in the bottom half
ProgN
I posted this on Heiniken's discord channel but I believe everyone here that doesn't follow the discord have a right to it too.

Quote:

This isn't provable but it's something that I've seen, and a victim of, in almost 3 decades in the market many times. It's also why I don't like the market right now. The staggard upgrades and/or raising of PT daily in the heavy weighted SPX stocks reminds me of traps set for retail in the past. Everyday or every other day, NVDA, MSFT, MU, META, etc. get raised PTs on no new news. The volume going up is anemic, but any intraday reversal, volume escalates. IMHO, I believe the MM are trapping retail and offloading. In the past, they used this to trap retail that gobbled it up because of FOMO. Rates spiked today, gold is setting new ATHs, sticky inflation lowering the number of rate cuts, if any, this year and the Medicare/aid rates set after hours today below expectations has barely impacted the futures. Look at UNH and other providers AH right now.

I'm not calling the top, but everyone needs to have this at the back of their minds if initiating new positions. It's paramount that you maintain your discipline and not be blinded by FOMO. The likelihood of buying at the top and being a bag holder increases everyday. This is just my opinion and everyone here are educated adults and make their own decisions.

What I posted are my own thoughts and concerns, it's not scripture. Just keep this at the back of your mind because I don't want anyone to get trapped.
TheVarian
AG
Where can one find this discord channel?
bmoochie
AG
This is why I'm rarely holding anything overnight. If I do it's runners only. I feel it too and part of my commentary this morning on the divergence going on. Just feels like a bubble waiting to pop
Heineken-Ashi
There's a fairly unique balance right now considering where we are. Every venue I'm active on has technical traders quite bullish, many of them VERY experienced over decades, looking far upwards of here. In fact, only one year out of like 15 that started at least 8% up in SPX finished negative for the year in returns. And most went much, much higher. I've seen 5500. I've seen them say 6000. On the flip side, the other half of people feel something isn't quite right and that a selloff is looming. Many of them are also VERY experienced and are a lot like ProgN. It's weirdly balanced. And when I say balanced, I mean truly divided equally. Even in places where the hosted content is quite decisive looking in one direction. At the same time, the public has turned mostly bullish. There's still a large contingent of doom and gloomers, most of whom have been calling for major selloffs for a decade now. I look at those people as being very practical and smart, knowing we are in a charade. But the economic charade can go on for a long, long time while making them look like absolute fools. They will one day be right, but what will they have lost on the way?

I do have to point something out. And I believe it should be considered heavily. I've seen many many posts in many many places comparing 2024 to fractals in history. I've compared us to 1998 or 1999 myself. I'm by no means saying its wrong or should not be considered that we look to history. But you also have to consider that the market, and really.. our economy, has been in a near 100-year debt leveraged growth stage. Every time trouble looms, more debt is incurred, currency devalued, or liquidity pushed into the economy. Every one of these events going back decades were rebounded not by natural productivity increases, but by micro-managed, top-down, fiscal and monetary policy from a centralized origin. Global trade efficiencies over decades has taken the place of home grown productivity increases, and pawning our weakness onto countries who are completely reliant on our dollar and our debt has helped us limit our own pain.

Now look at the fiscal, monetary, and economic backdrop of where we are. America doubled its debt following the Great Recession and then doubled it again in 2020. Look at the SPX since 2009 and run it side by side with the debt curve. Our debt is now growing at exponential rates, and we are fast approaching the largest expense being interest on debt.The FED itself has said that even if we have a soft landing and everything works out at planned, it will be 2029 before they remit payments to the treasury again. That's 5 years with the treasury not getting a dime from their primary funding source. And we are originating more debt than any other time and history. So far, it's being bought in a stable manner. But the second the world starts demanding a higher return, this could turn very bad.

So now look back at the market leading to 2008, 2000, 1987, 1980, 1973, 1968, 1966, 1961..

The only time period that even comes close was the 70's and 80's. But even then, debt to GDP was in the 30-40% range. We're over 120% right now. We're below historical average interest rates and the economy is on the brink of turmoil. Let that sink in. Home grown American employment hasn't increased in 5 years. It's all going to non-citzens.

Trying to compare now, when we are at the brink of unsustainable public leverage, likely closer to a top looking toward a sustained long-term bear market, to times that were merely blips on the way up within a long term debt-leveraged economic supercycle.. it's just not even close to compareable. All of those things LED to this thing. They were followed with irresponsible can kicking that left US, you, me, our families, and our kids to sow. And there isn't a soul or entity on the planet that can step in and save the markets from a widespread economic event. It will affect the whole world. The next event won't be a recession. Because there isn't a runway for rescue that doesn't immediately lead to massive pain.

This market will extend until it won't. It sounds cliche and kind of stupid. But something will kick it off. And none of us will likely be looking for it when it hits. Don't search for the news. It won't be news, though media and analysts will try and correlate it to.. something. It might not even be new wars as those are extremely bullish for multiple industries. It will most likely happen when literally nothing happens. When the bears have given up.

No, there's not really anything you can do to prepare if you haven't started yet. And if you have started and have committed to looking down, you've missed out on a ton of gains and are having to bite your tongue while the bulls laugh at you. Might work out for you. Might work out for them. But I wouldn't be feeling bad about being prepared even a little bit.

Long story short, history rhymes. It doesn't repeat. We are creatures of habit and creatures of logical pattern recognition. But just like a poet doesn't write the same poem twice.. yet will use the same structure multiple times, the next major market selloff will not happen when others happened and it won't conform to the same pattern leading up to it that others did. But when it does happen, it will sure as hell happen in a familar structure. If you want to look at the most comparable scenario to where we are now, it's most likely the roaring 20's. But even those ended with an absolute bang to the upside.. and no.. the market since November doesn't come close to that. But does that mean to expect a blowoff top over multiple years? You can't. Because expecting that can get you in trouble. Because history doesn't repeat. It merely rhymes.

Be bullish in a controlled manner when an opportunity presents. Don't front run bearish with any money you aren't willing to completely lose. But don't shy away from being careful.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
Heineken-Ashi
Dark blue is SPX
Orange is Debt to GDP on a different scale but lined up to show correlation
And for S&G, gold is in light blue on a different scale but lined up to show correlation.

But the lower chart shows gold and SPX on the same % scale with debt to GDP on its own scale. Notice what happens when SPX blows out over gold. They will meet back up. Just a matter of where and when.

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
Bonfire.1996 said:

10 year bond spiking. The worst news possible for banks looking for a mathematical lifeline to their disastrous long term investments

It's getting bad man. I spent some time looking into some Multifamily real estate in NYC and ACRIS for some bad actors who had loans with signature bank. They refi'd from signature bank with Arbors and other type non-bank lenders in 2022. You know majority are floaters or probably not worth the debt. Makes me wonder why the eff Mnuchin would bailout NYCB?
Heineken-Ashi
Red Pear Luke (BCS) said:

Bonfire.1996 said:

10 year bond spiking. The worst news possible for banks looking for a mathematical lifeline to their disastrous long term investments

It's getting bad man. I spent some time looking into some Multifamily real estate in NYC and ACRIS for some bad actors who had loans with signature bank. They refi'd from signature bank with Arbors and other type non-bank lenders in 2022. You know majority are floaters or probably not worth the debt. Makes me wonder why the eff Mnuchin would bailout NYCB?
I posted about this a couple months ago. It's because the historical playbook is that the banks will get bailed out and that investment will pay off. But they are the ones that will be caught with pants around ankles if the banking sector failures are widespread. Because there will be no bailouts.

Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

Red Pear Luke (BCS) said:

Bonfire.1996 said:

I posted about this a couple months ago. It's because the historical playbook is that the banks will get bailed out and that investment will pay off. But they are the ones that will be caught with pants around ankles if the banking sector failures are widespread. Because there will be no bailouts.

Yep. Because if what I think we are steaming towards happens, we won't have the juice to commit to the bailouts without what you've mentioned above come true with respect to widespread explicit economic turbulence. **** will hit the fan.
FishrCoAg
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

There's a fairly unique balance right now considering where we are. Every venue I'm active on has technical traders quite bullish, many of them VERY experienced over decades, looking far upwards of here. In fact, only one year out of like 15 that started at least 8% up in SPX finished negative for the year in returns. And most went much, much higher. I've seen 5500. I've seen them say 6000. On the flip side, the other half of people feel something isn't quite right and that a selloff is looming. Many of them are also VERY experienced and are a lot like ProgN. It's weirdly balanced. And when I say balanced, I mean truly divided equally. Even in places where the hosted content is quite decisive looking in one direction. At the same time, the public has turned mostly bullish. There's still a large contingent of doom and gloomers, most of whom have been calling for major selloffs for a decade now. I look at those people as being very practical and smart, knowing we are in a charade. But the economic charade can go on for a long, long time while making them look like absolute fools. They will one day be right, but what will they have lost on the way?

I do have to point something out. And I believe it should be considered heavily. I've seen many many posts in many many places comparing 2024 to fractals in history. I've compared us to 1998 or 1999 myself. I'm by no means saying its wrong or should not be considered that we look to history. But you also have to consider that the market, and really.. our economy, has been in a near 100-year debt leveraged growth stage. Every time trouble looms, more debt is incurred, currency devalued, or liquidity pushed into the economy. Every one of these events going back decades were rebounded not by natural productivity increases, but by micro-managed, top-down, fiscal and monetary policy from a centralized origin. Global trade efficiencies over decades has taken the place of home grown productivity increases, and pawning our weakness onto countries who are completely reliant on our dollar and our debt has helped us limit our own pain.

Now look at the fiscal, monetary, and economic backdrop of where we are. America doubled its debt following the Great Recession and then doubled it again in 2020. Look at the SPX since 2009 and run it side by side with the debt curve. Our debt is now growing at exponential rates, and we are fast approaching the largest expense being interest on debt.The FED itself has said that even if we have a soft landing and everything works out at planned, it will be 2029 before they remit payments to the treasury again. That's 5 years with the treasury not getting a dime from their primary funding source. And we are originating more debt than any other time and history. So far, it's being bought in a stable manner. But the second the world starts demanding a higher return, this could turn very bad.

So now look back at the market leading to 2008, 2000, 1987, 1980, 1973, 1968, 1966, 1961..

The only time period that even comes close was the 70's and 80's. But even then, debt to GDP was in the 30-40% range. We're over 120% right now. We're below historical average interest rates and the economy is on the brink of turmoil. Let that sink in. Home grown American employment hasn't increased in 5 years. It's all going to non-citzens.

Trying to compare now, when we are at the brink of unsustainable public leverage, likely closer to a top looking toward a sustained long-term bear market, to times that were merely blips on the way up within a long term debt-leveraged economic supercycle.. it's just not even close to compareable. All of those things LED to this thing. They were followed with irresponsible can kicking that left US, you, me, our families, and our kids to sow. And there isn't a soul or entity on the planet that can step in and save the markets from a widespread economic event. It will affect the whole world. The next event won't be a recession. Because there isn't a runway for rescue that doesn't immediately lead to massive pain.

This market will extend until it won't. It sounds cliche and kind of stupid. But something will kick it off. And none of us will likely be looking for it when it hits. Don't search for the news. It won't be news, though media and analysts will try and correlate it to.. something. It might not even be new wars as those are extremely bullish for multiple industries. It will most likely happen when literally nothing happens. When the bears have given up.

No, there's not really anything you can do to prepare if you haven't started yet. And if you have started and have committed to looking down, you've missed out on a ton of gains and are having to bite your tongue while the bulls laugh at you. Might work out for you. Might work out for them. But I wouldn't be feeling bad about being prepared even a little bit.

Long story short, history rhymes. It doesn't repeat. We are creatures of habit and creatures of logical pattern recognition. But just like a poet doesn't write the same poem twice.. yet will use the same structure multiple times, the next major market selloff will not happen when others happened and it won't conform to the same pattern leading up to it that others did. But when it does happen, it will sure as hell happen in a familar structure. If you want to look at the most comparable scenario to where we are now, it's most likely the roaring 20's. But even those ended with an absolute bang to the upside.. and no.. the market since November doesn't come close to that. But does that mean to expect a blowoff top over multiple years? You can't. Because expecting that can get you in trouble. Because history doesn't repeat. It merely rhymes.

Be bullish in a controlled manner when an opportunity presents. Don't front run bearish with any money you aren't willing to completely lose. But don't shy away from being careful.

Permission to share this?
Bonfire.1996
Man, commodities are spiking. If this keeps up, we got REAL problems, and a lot more mouths to feed.
El_duderino
Big miss on deliveries for TSLA. Only 387k
ProgN
bmoochie said:

Gross looking day setting up. Was hoping for an opening TSLA push to $180 range to enter those puts again. Sad I missed this one.

In other news, I was reading last night how there is some divergence happening and that should definitely have people on high alert. SPX at all time highs while big sector leaders are making lower highs. NVDA META AAPL ect.... Just food for thought and reiterating what some of what's been posted here already.

Bet you wish you hadn't missed your TSLA put train yesterday.
bmoochie
AG
ProgN said:

bmoochie said:

Gross looking day setting up. Was hoping for an opening TSLA push to $180 range to enter those puts again. Sad I missed this one.

In other news, I was reading last night how there is some divergence happening and that should definitely have people on high alert. SPX at all time highs while big sector leaders are making lower highs. NVDA META AAPL ect.... Just food for thought and reiterating what some of what's been posted here already.

Bet you wish you hadn't missed your TSLA put train yesterday.
I am currently throwing up watching it go bye bye. UGHHHHH
ProgN

Me sitting at $120 calling out to my POWL.
El_duderino
Heineken-Ashi
Guys, I woke up to soaked carpet and wet walls in my master bathroom walk in closet. Plumber is here and can't find the source of the leak. I probably won't be online at all until later. TSLA bull setup is obviously dead. But as long as it holds it's last low, we can maybe get one of them 100% moves using the last move up as our measuring stick. But there is no bullish setup until its finds its next bottom. If you own, like I do, be prepared for lower.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Stops hit on both ROKU and TSLA.

May look for re-entry for ROKU below, but probably staying out of TSLA now.

Trying to decide if I want to rotate more into AAPL, GOOGL, BRK.B, or LUV.
Brewmaster
AG
bought SOXL, just a quick play. should be out of it by this afternoon.
ProgN
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-13263069/Harry-Potter-invisibility-megashield-hide-objects.html

Who else is tempted to buy their own cloaking device?

I don't have FOMO for stocks at the moment, but my FOMO for one of these is intensifying. I love pranking people, grew up with Star Trek and a nerd and I want one of these.
El_duderino
I don't need my kids scaring the **** out of me anymore than they already do
Heineken-Ashi
GE - $175 to $140 in the blink of an eye this morning. Wow.

ProgN
El_duderino said:

I don't need my kids scaring the **** out of me anymore than they already do
El_duderino

ProgN
Heineken-Ashi said:

Guys, I woke up to soaked carpet and wet walls in my master bathroom walk in closet. Plumber is here and can't find the source of the leak. I probably won't be online at all until later. TSLA bull setup is obviously dead. But as long as it holds it's last low, we can maybe get one of them 100% moves using the last move up as our measuring stick. But there is no bullish setup until its finds its next bottom. If you own, like I do, be prepared for lower.

J/K, I hope they've found the leak. Pro tip, when you rip out the carpet, go back with tile. I'll never own carpet again.
Heineken-Ashi
ProgN said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

J/K, I hope they've found the leak. Pro tip, when you rip out the carpet, go back with tile. I'll never own carpet again.
That's the plan.

El_duderino
Heineken, were you looking for a pullback on SLV for the Sep $25 calls to reach the $.50-.70 area again?
GreasenUSA
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

Is that not just a price per share adjustment due to their spinoff?
Heineken-Ashi
GreasenUSA said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

Is that not just a price per share adjustment due to their spinoff?
Maybe. Was that today? I just checked my big downers on my watchlist for the day. Didn't have time to read into it.

Heineken-Ashi
El_duderino said:

Heineken, were you looking for a pullback on SLV for the Sep $25 calls to reach the $.50-.70 area again?
I was hoping for high $21's to low $22's for SLV. Can still happen. But if it starts taking off, pullback might be in.

Heineken-Ashi
Reminder on BTC miners. We were always expecting a drop before halving.

CLSK - Looking for $9-$15 but might start nibbling.
MARA - Looking for $7.50 to $14. No nibbling yet as I would want to see it break down further. Until then, watching closely under $23 how it acts.

Those two will be my main focus. Not adding any more to CORZ. IREN might get some of my money, but I don't have as clear a picture on them and they sell all coins they mine, so no HODL.

I don't think RIOT performs as well as MARA or CLSK, so I'd rather just go heavier on those.

Looking for BTC to $59k ideally.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Hope that was the TNA bottom. Bought at 38.75.

Still got another buy set at 36.80 though.
gougler08
AG
I sold out of my OXY on the spike today to take 20%
ETX_Ag_22_24
AG
What's the driver behind investing in miners opposed BTC itself? Is it less risky or have a higher risk/reward? Thanks in advance!
Heineken-Ashi
ETX_Ag_22_24 said:

What's the driver behind investing in miners opposed BTC itself? Is it less risky or have a higher risk/reward? Thanks in advance!
Chance for miners to outperform on an ROI basis. But absolutely have some BTC. Miners could underperform. Anything can happen

First Page Last Page
Page 6382 of 6617

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.