Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,994,445 Views | 231574 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by EliteZags
ProgN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Red Pear Luke (BCS) said:

ProgN said:

Bonfire.1996 said:

Aglaw97 said:

So what do you think is the most likely outcome over the next 12-18 months?

1. Rates cut in Summer to bail out banks and Biden
2. Inflation begins to return in early Fall, but not reported till post election
2A. Biden's replacement elected over DJT
3. Economic slowdown in 3Q and 4Q as companies shed employees to protect margin as producer prices accelerate.
4. Stagflation in 1Q25 and double top inflation.
5. Dems pass tax increases with control of House, Senate, and WH to close the deficit gap.
6. Time to pay the piper for 15 years of ZIRP and easy money expansion.
7. Biggest buying opportunity of our lifetimes in second half 2025.
They don't even have to pass tax increases because the Trump tax cuts expire next year so hope everyone is ready for a decrease in your paychecks. I could see them letting them expire on businesses and taxpayers AND adding more taxes which will crush the middle class. They also won't stop spending and increase their spending, so we're ****ed. Prepare your anus.

If they let the trump tax cuts expire with how stretched every middle or low income consumer is feeling right is political suicide.
Not trying to start a political discussion in here but they're going to stuff the ballot boxes because they've already got away with it, so they're emboldened. I preferred DeSantis, but will vote for Trump because imo another 4 years, and they control the House and Senate, then we're done. They don't have to worry about political suicide in 2025.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
Not trying to keep this political pundit going, so I'll pull this favorite quote from Charlie Munger… you are all smart fellas, so sooner or later you'll see that I'm right.

If the dems had their shat together, they could be a force to reckon with how y'all are playing out. Cause you are bringing really valid points.

But the dems have as much infighting as the republicans. They just keep it behind closed doors.

They've pissed their progressive liberal voters off with the whole Gaza situation. Many of these stand behind the "free Palestine" BS. So many of these voters are turning against Joe because he supports/supported Israel.

They've flooded the country with illegal immigrants. Ruined sanctuary cities. Pissed off African Americans voters who see those same illegals get put up in the local YMCA and remove a community center for those low income neighborhoods.

NYC's idiotic rent controlled apartment 2019 mandate has brought many banks in that region to their knees as they suffocate the cash flows of those apartments under the increased expenses.

Not to mention the whole Ukraine situation and the potential for Putin or Xi to kick off another major global conflict. That's gonna cause some real turmoil when they funding for underwater basket weaving gets turned off because they need to redeploy the funds to building more carriers and weapon systems that protect their right to ***** with the women over the wine while more Texas Aggies die behind the line.

It's like watching a slow motion train wreck and they are all gonna stand there in November with shocked pikachu faces when they see the results and it's a very clear middle finger from those voters who they've pissed off and turned away. Just like in 2016, you'll see all the yellow jacket, Madonna-esque woman genital wearing vagrants screaming as they realize they've again lost because they are tone deaf to the actual needs of their voters.

Y'all gotta keep the faith that we can see this thru so our kids can prosper.

ProgN
https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3448146/replies/67098996

Watch the video in OP. That's it for me bringing politics here because this isn't the forum for it and in here we're all team green (money) not solar.
tlh3842
AG
Heini, thoughts on UNFI long term? Realize after moving things around between accounts I didn't have a stop on this one, so here I am (I've rectified this with the rest of my account).
Talon2DSO
AG
EnronAg said:

It is NOT political suicide, my friend. That is their plan/dream. They have every election from here on out.

I agree with this. There's not a single Republican that can ever win another national election. Doesn't matter anyway, there haven't been checks and balances since the mid-90s. Now policy is driven by those who love big government against those who don't. Both Republicans and Democrats love big government. There's not a single member of Congress that advocates for the taxpayer. Not a one.
M4 Benelli
Dems can "infight" all day. When the rubber meets the road they all align under the teachings of Alinsky. They want you and your ilk to submit or rot six feet beneath.
Brewmaster
AG
Kroger crushed earnings, oh well, played it very small. Would've been a good play on shares, but still risky
confucius_ag
AG
Sold covered calls on 1/3 of my PLTR shares at 27.50 exp tomorrow. If I get called away I will be net free on my entire PLTR position.
fightintxag13
AG
I was afraid they might. Order flow yesterday was heavier on the call side. Oh well. I ended up trimming to half my original size at the end of the day yesterday instead of stopping completely out. If it had worked, the contracts I had left would've easily made up the loss.
Brewmaster
AG
DWAC is looking interesting, if I can get a quick dip below 40 I might try shares.
ProgN
Another day and another PT raise for NVDA
Ragoo
AG
NVDA and SMCI are diverging. SMCI had been almost in lock step.
andrago94
AG
Not sure if this has been discussed re NVDA, but I was looking at the investor info and could not tell how much of the data center/AI revenue was supplying chips for build-out versus recurring usage. Anyone have any insight on this and what it means for NVDA going forward?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Ragoo said:

NVDA and SMCI are diverging. SMCI had been almost in lock step.

It's like the end of E.T. when Elliot is healing and E.T. is dying.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
UNFI thoughts? I sold around $15, time to buy back in?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Same q for RXRX.
AceAggie05
AG
Question about FSLY. Is there a play to get back into it? Or did it breaking the low cause a loss of faith that it won't maintain a bottom? Just trying to learn.
Heineken-Ashi
tlh3842 said:

Heini, thoughts on UNFI long term? Realize after moving things around between accounts I didn't have a stop on this one, so here I am (I've rectified this with the rest of my account).

The play was a gap fill up. If it's going to do it, it's not going to look pretty before it does. I would not invest in this one. Ive you're above the stop from the initial entry, just let it ride. I haven't been able to look today to see where it's at. Also haven't had a chance to review earnings. Will try and update tomorrow.
EnronAg
AG
Red Pear Luke (BCS) said:

Not trying to keep this political pundit going, so I'll pull this favorite quote from Charlie Munger… you are all smart fellas, so sooner or later you'll see that I'm right.

If the dems had their shat together, they could be a force to reckon with how y'all are playing out. Cause you are bringing really valid points.

But the dems have as much infighting as the republicans. They just keep it behind closed doors.

They've pissed their progressive liberal voters off with the whole Gaza situation. Many of these stand behind the "free Palestine" BS. So many of these voters are turning against Joe because he supports/supported Israel.

They've flooded the country with illegal immigrants. Ruined sanctuary cities. Pissed off African Americans voters who see those same illegals get put up in the local YMCA and remove a community center for those low income neighborhoods.

NYC's idiotic rent controlled apartment 2019 mandate has brought many banks in that region to their knees as they suffocate the cash flows of those apartments under the increased expenses.

Not to mention the whole Ukraine situation and the potential for Putin or Xi to kick off another major global conflict. That's gonna cause some real turmoil when they funding for underwater basket weaving gets turned off because they need to redeploy the funds to building more carriers and weapon systems that protect their right to ***** with the women over the wine while more Texas Aggies die behind the line.

It's like watching a slow motion train wreck and they are all gonna stand there in November with shocked pikachu faces when they see the results and it's a very clear middle finger from those voters who they've pissed off and turned away. Just like in 2016, you'll see all the yellow jacket, Madonna-esque woman genital wearing vagrants screaming as they realize they've again lost because they are tone deaf to the actual needs of their voters.

Y'all gotta keep the faith that we can see this thru so our kids can prosper.

you will not be right in Nov, my friend...but if for some 0.00001% you are, I'll gladly buy you a scotch/bourbon of your choice...but it doesn't matter who they piss off anymore...they control the vote counts...we had a good run, but we are now a banana republic...
Brewmaster
AG
AceAggie05 said:

Question about FSLY. Is there a play to get back into it? Or did it breaking the low cause a loss of faith that it won't maintain a bottom? Just trying to learn.
broke out of this box to the downside, so that would be a quick cut and out for me. I entered around 14 earlier in this box, did not like the action on the 1st or the post market big sell. I got out for minimal loss.

if 13's fail it has support around 12, but could keep drifting lower. aka earnings drift.

AceAggie05
AG
Meaning you think it will form a new bottom around $12, correct?
Brewmaster
AG
AceAggie05 said:

Meaning you think it will form a new bottom around $12, correct?
not necessarily, may just pause there. These bad earnings plays are tricky. Many times, they will not work out. It could keep drifting lower. If you entered around $14, I'd set a tight stop of 5% from there. So 13.30, but if you prefer, you could give it another day to see if it gets a bounce.

I have been burned in past years by bag holding and not honoring stops (when a stock shows poor price action), so I am pretty quick to cut losers now (and my new strategy is working!). YMMV.
AceAggie05
AG
I've been out since $13.75. Just trying to learn how to gauge when to re-enter.
Brewmaster
AG
c'mon down MARA

and a classic scene from Chappelle show...

ProgN
nancydeedavis said:

POWL model T off this big move is about $137... Might be a good place for reentry.
I think POWL will print $120
ProgN
I wonder where our brother across the pond 59 South has been? He might be a part the monarchy now and shan't lower himself to converse with us traitorous commoners ever again. He no longer can take the slings and arrows from his friends whilst sipping his Earl Grey.
South Platte
ProgN said:

nancydeedavis said:

POWL model T off this big move is about $137... Might be a good place for reentry.
Not sure who from the board is still holding this, but I already feel better about selling too early after watching this recent drop.
Towns03
AG
ProgN said:

nancydeedavis said:

sorry for the dumb question, but what does it mean to print?
ProgN
Towns03 said:

ProgN said:

nancydeedavis said:

sorry for the dumb question, but what does it mean to print?
A stock actually changes hands at that price, buy/sell transaction, instead of AH price moves based on speculation/negativity.

ETA: That wasn't a dumb question btw.
AgPT06
AG
AgPT06 said:

Bought Apr 110 calls in XOM at 1.61 average last week when it moved above 105. Up 33% right now. Hopefully have room to get to 110 now that has moved above the late November to March box it has been stuck in.
Still moving up. If it stays above 107.2 I may add for 110 target. If it drops below 106 Ill trim to keep some profits.
AceAggie05
AG
So like hard copies? Like cash vs debit card?
ProgN
AceAggie05 said:

So like hard copies? Like cash vs debit card?

Yes, it's an actual transaction not AH anticipation. Say it dipped to $110 at 2 am because of geopolitical news and futures cratered, but by the time the market opens the news was fake and it opened back at $155, that's not a print because shares didn't change hands. I think it will print $120 meaning people will be able to buy/sell there. Hope that helps.
Chef Elko
AG
Is it gambling or investing if I put all my liquidity into NVDA with a tight stop loss and see how far it can go?
ProgN
Chef Elko said:

Is it gambling or investing if I put all my liquidity into NVDA with a tight stop loss and see how far it can go?

You need to have a 'Loudermilk' in your life.
sts7049
AG
Chef Elko said:

nah bro. jump on my short wagon
First Page Last Page
Page 6353 of 6617

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.